Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Broken/Updated Mods & CC: University edition

luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,617 Member
edited November 2019 in General Mods Discussion
Broken/Updated Mods & CC: Nov. ’19 University EP & patch

This topic is for collecting reports on mod and CC status after the November 2019 pre-University patch and with the University EP. Please keep discussion to reports. Thanks!

IMPORTANT NOTE: Mods that breaks the T game rating cannot be discussed in these official forums and will not be included in my list. Do not ask about or report on any of them here — it’s against forum rules. There are other places on the internet where things like that can be discussed. Also, I won't list broken mods that are Patron-only or otherwise non-public and have been so for over a month, or nonpublic updates to those mods.

FAQ
  • Q: Is this particular mod broken? A: Is it a mod that would break the game rating? I can’t tell you anything about it here. Is it on page 1, reported broken by a Simmer since the broken mod list was last updated, or or reported fine by its creator since that page 1 list was last updated? If not, then I don’t know.
  • Q: Why is there a section for mods reported fine by the modder but not by players? A: Because a mod that seems to be working for you might still be broken in a way you haven’t yet seen.
  • Q: When will that person update their mod? I can’t play without it! What am I supposed to do?! A: They’ll update it when they can, plus some prefer to wait for a pack to be actually out. Please don’t pressure the creators -- it’s not going to make them update faster. My personal advice is to go for a walk or three, check out a local museum, get a whole lot of housework over with, binge a TV show, or get ahead on your course readings.
  • Q: Why does Maxis always break things?! A: Mods and CC speak to the game code. If the part of the code they speak to is changed by a bug fix or new feature, they can no longer speak to it. Maxis provides a lot of support to modders and CC creators, but the only way they could not break mods and CC would be by not updating/patching the game. By choosing to use mods and CC, you accept risks, including that your unofficial add-ons may become incompatible.
  • Q: Mod X has an update but you haven’t listed it. Why not? A: Either I didn’t know yet or the update is not to fix a broken mod or to include new pack content.

Useful links
For 32-bit PC Players:
EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
Post edited by luthienrising on

Comments