Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Rainbow Sundae: A very berry legacy! (Updates sporadically)

Comments

• TheYayToastTheYayToast Posts: 1,466 Member
    Brindleton Bay is one of my favorite towns too. It’s so pretty! Seasons drives me nuts sometimes. I don’t want to worry about the ac and heater all the time. I know I could turn off the seasons... but boo.

You can modify the park in San Myshuno, but it’s always a center park. It’s weird it is called a center park when it’s at the corner of the world. That’s a pretty poor town center.

Leaving the one city also gives a place for potential spouses and the few lucky townies to live. Though lately I’ve made some basically cheap housing to move townies I want into in Newcrest. Just the same house over and over for each of the families. Like a suburban nightmare cookie cutter.

I know! I’m so excited to get this far! I’m not loosing steam with this family cause I’m setting up the goals or making my weird little storylines as I play.

I feel the same way about the stories that take longer. Like, I enjoy them but it’s hard to stay interested when it’s months between updates. I sort of forget what happened last chapter.

I’ve done like the one or two chapters in generation one with poses, but it was so slowwww. Sorry Aiden, I don’t know if it was worth it to scour the internet for poses of you on a laptop or posing Christian over and over to get him actually attacking a dude.

It was sort of a dark fairy tale. A poor peasant girl is chosen to marry the lord that owns her tiny village. He’s a mysterious and brooding man who is sweet to her, but he’s actually an evil lich.

I don’t pay for my domain anymore. I had the domain yay-toast.com to host mostly my art and writing, but all I used it for was Death’s Bride (that simlit) so after the year... I didn’t renew the hosting plan.

I’ve been considering purchasing hosting again though since I want to put my portfolio up and I could use the space for the blog... since I, too, am running out of space. Okay, I’ve used about half the space for a free Wordpress.

The founder’s love interest was an adult. I didn’t realize it when they got together... so then he aged up to an elder right before they got married.

5% is sort of high, I guess. The default chance of pregnancy with the try for baby interaction is 80%. I know one of the other simmers I follow has hers set on 20% and her sims are always getting accidentally pregnant. I’d say the 5% isn’t too high, but only compared to that... since every generation has had a happy accident. Ida, Salem, and now this generation too.

I just pop my sims into CAS for LGBTQ+ kiddos. Or use the MCCC option in pregnancy for start using active. That may be how a certain woman has gotten at least one of her children.
    Hey everyone! It’s been ages since I actually posted the links to the latest chapters! Okay, it’s only been a few days, but I post a lot.

We’re wrapping up Generation 3 and gearing up for a shiny new generation 4. Thanks for reading!

Rainbow Sundae 3.30
    Rainbow Sundae 3.31
    Rainbow Sundae 3.32
    Rainbow Sundae 3.33
    Rainbow Sundae 3.34
    Rainbow Sundae 3.35
    Rainbow Sundae 3.36
    Rainbow Sundae 3.37
    Rainbow Sundae 3.38
  • QueenarellaQueenarella Posts: 3,379 Member
    I turned off thunderstorms and blizzards in a new safe now but there are still thunderstorms -.-

Maybe we only see 1/2 or even 1/4 of San Myshuno? Then the central park at the side would make sense :sweat_smile:

Hopefully you don't lose steam at all. I love your story :)

Poses are way too complicated to use.

That sounds really interesting! I would defininitely read it.

I also thought about opening a tumblr page. There you don't have a limit but I think it's a bit weirder to upload stuff :D

Oh I misunderstood it! Was it back at the time when you didn't get the info of the life stage when hoovering over a sim?

20% is insane :o I downloaded it now and also put it on 5% :joy: How did you find out the sims were pregnant? I know there's the test option each time but my sim always gets sad if risky woohoo didn't work :#

In this case I think I'm a bit too stubborn. I want the kids to be born IN game :D Ooh, so Micah will get her baby/babies :love:

New chapters :love:

Yay, Micah will get their babies :)

And the names are lovely! I've watched Matilda as a child a thousand times! So cool :D

Potty training some toddlers is the horror! They poop their pants as soon as the green bar falls down the slightest bit. Hate that -.-

And the problem of hair color changes goes on :# It's kinda cool tho ;)

Orion still looking good in his thight clothes :p

So no new chapters for a while now? :'(
    edited November 2019
    I’m definitely not loosing steam. I figured out a way to keep myself super entertained and hyped for each generation. I come up with a bare bones plot in my head and then see how it plays out. I already have a plan for Dorian... *evil laugh*

The plan for Ashlynn was bullied girl gets together with a loner. Their parents don’t want them together.

Fern’s plan was: The dominating female boss that flirts with all her employees. She falls for the quiet mysterious new employee that is actually more dominant than her.

I didn’t have a real plan for Anita... she just sorta met Aiden in my last save file and I was like, they’re adorable. He’s the sim version of one of the characters from my crime series, so she ended up in that mess.

I agree, poses are too complicated and look bad sometimes even when you use them right. Like broken bones and unnatural contortions.

I’ll post up the story sometime. I used to have just the prose on Wattpad, but I took it down cause I dunno?

I have a tumblr. It works well, but it can be awkward for posts. I end up making everything as a text post so I can write as much as I want then just pop in photos as I need... but the reverse chronological order of posts kills me.

Nah, it was just that she met the guy and they clicked so well I was like... well, he can’t be that far into the adult life stage. He was.

I don’t have my sims test. I just notice them start to gag/vomit or have the baby thought bubbles. No sad girls for me!

I do love kids born in game. They feel more genuine.

Micah gets all her babies. The secret is that one genetic mix with Fern, the other with Lorne, and then MCCC just married her off in game... so I gave her a kid with her wife through CAS.

I loved Matilda. It was so cool. I wanted psychic powers or magic...

I totally failed at getting all three kids to max out. It was too much this time around.

I swear, the hair problem has gotten worse! I couldn’t even get his hair purple for his profile pic. I cheated and (badly) photoshopped his hair purple.

Orion is still looking fine as all can be... I’d hate to have him and Ashlynn as my in laws. They show up on every lot and they look better than I do!

I’ll have a couple chapters, but no massive binge. I need to play this weekend.
    Post edited by TheYayToast on
    Sounds like a great plan :) Too much planing can be exhausting :#

I usually start playing and think of what could happen to the sims. Maybe I should have a little idea on what's the main force :D

Tumblr is the last resort. I would rather start a second/third Wordpress instead of using tumblr for stories and challenges.

It's not that important to max the toddlers out. It's just a little extra to make you feel great.

At least you have photoshop skills to do this :p

They just want to spend time with you/your sims :joy: But it IS super annoying. That's why I have aging on.

Oh yay :) Can't wait to read them all.
    Aging is on. Ashlynn and Orion are immortal... so the family is doomed, they will be bugging the rest of the family forever.
    edited November 2019
    I threw Death’s Bride in a document and turned it into a PDF... I now realize why I started to go insane writing this story. It was already 8,000 words. 😦

Here’s a link to it. Death’s Bride

Spooky Lord Du Bois

My husband also created an animation for it: Jessica and the rabbit
    First chapter with the new heir... first generation starting as a kid too!

Rainbow Sundae 4.0
    Bookmarked! Will definitely read it :)

The picture tells so much :o It's really good! Same for the animation of course ^^

Ooh, a child heir. I'm off to reading now.

I wouldn't want my sims to be immortal. Remember how annoyed I got with Linda refusing to die? :sweat_smile:

It will be super weird when gen 3 turns into elders and Ashlynn and Orion are still young :D

It took me way too long to get hoe Gulliver is related to the current family. He's from Ida's line, isn't he?

A PINK KITTY :love:
    Thanks! Hope you enjoy it. It’s not finished, but there’s a lot there.

It’s gonna be crazy weird when we have old lady Fern and then there’s movie star Ashlynn wandering over to hang out.

Yeah, he'd be Ida’s grandson or grat grandson. I’m not too sure which.

I should have had them get two kitties, but I got lazy after painting the first kitty.

IRL my cat charged into my room to get cuddles and now she has stolen most my side of the bed. *cry* She’s a monster and a bed thief. I think she just wanted my bed.
    Do you plan on finnishing it one day?

Haha yeah xD Old Fern calling young Ashlynn "mom" :joy:

At least we know he's from Ida's line :D It's not easy to keep an overview with MCCC.

My sims haven't had a pet in ages. Maybe the Brennan's will get a dog. No cat. I lost 2 cats within 1.5 years. I would cry if another (virtual) cat died.

The one cat that died last week always jumped into my bed in the morning when I could sleep in and wanted to cuddle under the blankets because she was always cold :D I have my bed to myself now because the one cat I still got left is a different kind of cuddler. And yes, I had 3 cats. 3 black cats :p
    edited November 2019
    Do you plan on finnishing it one day?

Haha yeah xD Old Fern calling young Ashlynn "mom" :joy:

At least we know he's from Ida's line :D It's not easy to keep an overview with MCCC.

My sims haven't had a pet in ages. Maybe the Brennan's will get a dog. No cat. I lost 2 cats within 1.5 years. I would cry if another (virtual) cat died.

The one cat that died last week always jumped into my bed in the morning when I could sleep in and wanted to cuddle under the blankets because she was always cold :D I have my bed to myself now because the one cat I still got left is a different kind of cuddler. And yes, I had 3 cats. 3 black cats :p

Black cats are the best! I have three cats! The oldest is a black and white tuxedo cat. She has a little white straw pattern on her chin and she's the grumpiest lady ever. She doesn't like any other cat, but she adores my husband and myself. She's ten years old. She's the one who demanded cuddle time earlier.

The middle kitty is a tiny black cat. Like I swear, she's barely 7 or 8 pounds and has the tiniest frame. She looks like she's maybe 6 months old. She's 8 years old. She is the absolute definition of the scaredy black cat. She's terrified of everything ever. She actually enjoys sitting on my shoulder and riding around as I walk around the house.

And the youngest is a big gray oaf. He's about to be two years old this December. He's half ragamuffin, so he's giant. He's about 18 pounds. He's really sweet and gentle, but incredibly dumb. He also 🐸🐸🐸🐸 cups to drink the condensation off them. It's so weird.

I love my monochrome cat crew.
    Your cats sound like they are all amazing! :love:

The one I still have left is black with a long fluffy fur. She's small and also scared of everything :D And she's a total loner. My late cat sometimes tried to cuddle with her but she backed off :D She's totally cute but can be a real monster (that's why her name is Lucy, short for Lucifer). And she's a bit dumb. She can't handle her winter fur so we have to take her to the vet get a trim each winter. The next appointment is on Monday. I hope she won't be too mad because she's proud of her fur even tho it makes her look like a complete chonk :D She usually has around 6 pound but this year she feels a bit chubbier. But I'm sure it's not more than 7 pounds. I have to stop here now. I could write 4,000 words about my cat(s). :D
    My sister had a cat named Lucy! Her cat was named after the Beatles song, Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds. That cat was mean as could be. She was a Siamese, and she hated everyone except for my sister.

My Dad has a cat that he has to get shaved every summer. He's the fattest cow print cat ever. I named the cat Dante as a kitten, after the character from Clerks. Cause he was an ugly chud of a kitten. Dad ended up naming him Scruffy. Every year Dad's other cat, Kuzco, gets shocked and mad cause who is this stranger cat that invaded her home. It's pretty funny.

My three cats are named Niffy, Nabs, and Rocky. Niffy is short for Magnifikitty. She's named after a book. Nabs is short for Naberius, but if she was a demon... she's failed at the whole being scary thing. Rocky is just Rocky. He's named after Rocky Balboa. Cause when I was a little kid, my grandparents had a gray cat named Mickey. I didn't want to name my cat one of Mickey Mouse's friends, so I remembered the character, Mickey from the movie, Rocky.

You can totally write 4K or however much you want to about your cats. I love talking about cats!

So I had to remodel the second floor of the house for the kids... I went ahead and did a full remodel of the floor... Here's a picture:
    11-09-19_8-38-06-pm.png

Also, I watch wrestling and there's a girl wrestler that made me think of you... She's a really good wrestler that happens to really like Freddie Mercury. Her name is Emi Sakura and she comes out to the ring carrying the half microphone stand, wearing a Freddie Mercury jacket and a fake mustache. It's great. Here's a picture of her!
    tumblr_ptrxspWWZv1rmv1vdo1_500.png
    I made the experience that purebread cats are the meanest, grumpiest and have the biggest diva attitude :D My aunt used to have a cat that was half Main Coone and ugh.... She was pretty but such a diva. Even Lucy isn't that extra :D

Haha even cats don't recognize other cats with a different hair cut? :joy:

We always have an official name for our cats but we call them by nicknames all the time. And then we wonder why they're crazy :D

We also have a stray cat. My mom named him with a typical Bavarian nickname but you could say his name is Petey. I hate him. He always attacks me -.- And not in the "let's play" way. He jumps against my leg and scratches me, he's huge and super fat so I sometimes almost fall over when he does that. And ususally the "scratch" is so deep that blood runs down from my knee to my ankle -.- He only does it with me. But he can be cute, too. Leaves me with a real dilemma... But he probably played a role on the death of my last 2 cats... Which makes the dilemma even worse.

Ok, back to nicer topics :D The remodel looks awesome! Way better than what I did with it :joy: But one question: does the kitten reach the stuff behind the stairs? I thought there's no way to this spot :sweat_smile:

Ah! That's so cool! Anything Freddie related is cool :joy: Love it!
    I added a door from the patio to that area for people to get there and a pet door into the red bedroom.

I really liked the original layout you made. Wish Fern and Lorne hadn’t messed it up with so many kids.

Back to bed for me. I’ll talk cats after sunrise. Hehe
    It's my build and I can't remember that this spot is connected to the patio :joy:

It was a nice mess up :sweat_smile: And it's not their fault, somehow.

Yes! More cat talk :love:
    It wasn't connected to the patio originally. I just saw that space and thought: This would be a good cat room.

It is a nice mess up, I really like Matilda and Poe. They're both adorable.

Emi seems like a funny person. I looked at her twitter when looking for a picture to share of her. She had a post saying she knows that people outside of Japan don't know who she is yet, but she hopes that people start to cosplay. Who says that? Haha. Wouldn't that be kinda meta? Cosplay as a girl cosplaying as Freddie Mercury?

Purebreed cats are such a mixed bag. It depends on the breed. Like Siamese are aloof and moody to everyone except their human, but Rocky's Breed the Ragamuffin is the exact opposite. Ragamuffins (and Ragdolls) were breed to be insanely friendly. Rocky is the sweetest thing. He just wants to be carried around and loved on constantly.

Petey sounds frightening! I would hate that cat too. Geez, I don't even know him and I hate him. O.O"

My sister's cat, Lucy, would attack me, but she was declawed... so she never drew blood. I had a cat that would attack me and draw blood though. She had... some issues... like mental problems, so she'd be super duper sweet and then bam! Just start attacking, like she was fighting for her life. I still have scars from her on my forearm. -.-"

My mother-in-law has two outside cats. One is named Goatee... He's a cow print cat with a black spot on his chin. Her other cat is a Siamese mix named Frankie. Frankie is only a few months younger than Rocky... I actually found Frankie outside a Hawaiian restaurant. It was raining and he was hiding on top of a really big pick up truck's wheel. I didn't even recognize him as a cat cause he was just a little white lump. Mom fell in love with him and kept him.
    Oh I see ^^ For this build I didn't plan the rooms and then tried to make the outside look good but the other way around :sweat_smile:

They're names are epic, too!

It wouldn't make sense to cosplay Emi as she cosplays Freddie :D

I can only say from my aunt's cat and Lucy (she's part purebreed Persian but we don't really know for sure) that cats with a long fur are divas :D All our cats were either strays or we got them from private people who don't breed cats and from farms :) So basically, I've never spent a single penny on getting a cat. :D Lucy was a stray cat :)

I don't really hate him. I just try to avoid him. He can be really cute, too. When he yawns he squeaks a bit. :D I think he's just a very dominant cat and gets angry when you don't execute his command :joy: And he's actually a pretty cat. His belly is all white and on his back he got spots with that tiger like pattern :) But he's huge :D Tall and fat I mean. We guess he weighs at least 20 pounds :# Imagine 20 pounds hitting your leg :joy:

Your cat sounds a lot like Petey. It's a sudden change of mood, right? Once I was outside and he ran passed me and bit my leg a bit. I didn't even see him before but he didn't look aggressive, more like he wanted to play.

Oh my gosh! Poor little Frankie! He's lucky you found him! <3
    I got all my kitties for free or near free.

I got Niffy for free from a Craigslist ad for free kittens. She was one of two tuxedo kittens in a litter of black cats. She was a pitiful little thing with a severe cold. Her eyes were gunked up shut. I felt so sorry for her I picked her. We had to clean her face multiple times daily for a few weeks. Turns out she has a pollen allergy... we live in an area with pine trees that turn the ground yellow with their pollen in the spring.

I found Nabs outside of my apartment complex hiding in a bush. She was so sweet, but the ugliest kitten. It was during kitten season, so the shelter was totally full on kittens. We didn’t think she’d live if we took her to the shelter. Cause who would choose the ugly kitten? So we kept her. She grew up to be a very lovely normal black cat, though sometimes she can look a little goblin like.

I paid ten dollars for Rocky. I was looking at cute animals on the craigslist. I was thinking of getting a dog and instead saw him. The person we got him from was this cool dude that had a boy ragamuffin cat. He was driving home one night and saw an animal carrier on the side of the road. He stopped and found that someone had dumped their cat off on the side of the road. He kept her, named her Schrodinger, but didn’t get her fixed fast enough... So a litter of decidedly not pure purebreds were born. Haha.

I totally know how it feels to have 20 pounds thump against your leg. That is how heavy Rocky is. Tall and built, not fat. Like a little tiger.

It was a very sudden mood change. Like something triggered her, but dunno what.
    Oh no, so she gets like this every spring?

Do you know the ugly duckling tale? That's what happens with every black cat :D Black kittens barely look pretty. But when they grow up they are the prettiest cats :love:

Lucky for you because this way you got your cat :p

It's hard to keep your balance when he thumps you, right? :D I always struggle to not fall on the ground. But I've found a way to be safe from Petey's attacks: I never turn my back on him. This means I have to walk backwards many times :joy:

I already found the new chapters on Wordpress. Do I see a crush on Miri? ;)

OH no! Another nooboo on the way :#

I didn't notice the pointy is but they're so cute! :love:
    She’s gotten a little better as she’s gotten older, but she still gets the sniffles.

You’re right. Ugly ducklings!

It is so hard to keep my balance! Rocky also likes to purposely get in the way so you end up tripping over his giant butt. I like your idea to just walk backwards around Petey... that’s smart. I should try that with Rocky.

Another baby... now that you’ve seen the floor plan you will notice the forth bedroom!

They’re so cute! I love the pointy ears. When I aged him up in CAS to young adult, he lost them... I hope they stay when he ages up in game. If not... sniffle.
    We have some fancy updates...! Dorian is growing up.

Does his crush like him back too? What does he want to do when he grows up? Will any of these questions will answered??? Find out in...

Rainbow Sundae 4.1
    Rainbow Sundae 4.2
    Rainbow Sundae 4.3
    Rainbow Sundae 4.4
    Rainbow Sundae 4.5
    I didn't see four bedrooms :o I only noticed three :D

Your sims have a lot of risky woohoo babies. I'm scared to have my sims woohoo now at all :joy: Veronica for example could still get pregnant, there won't be any woohoo in the bachelor story (there wasn't before anyway :D ) and oh wow... :D

I wonder where the pointy ears come from.

Chubby abs :joy: The game is weird sometimes... Most times actually.

It looks like Lorne had is adult birthday. Sims now get chubby when they age up :D He's not chubby but less of a stick now :p

Haha, orange hair are new ^^ And yes, Dorian needs a makeover reeeeeal bad.

Bahaha, poor Lilac has to sit at the kids table :joy: She and Tom are made for each other: tantrum and kids table :D

Ginny looks adorable! Love her name :)
    Lol. You could have super drama mode of woohoo in the challenge and several illegitimate kiddos... or maybe not. Lol.

Yeah. Veronica could totally throw you a curveball and have another kid, but just say it’s not eligible for heir. Except then she’d be an old lady Mom.

I might change my risky percentage down to 1%.

I don’t know, but I’m super sad they are gone now.

He just decided to rock the Dad bod. Little bit of a belly. Haha. He was so skinny. Lol.

I don’t know why Tom was so mad, but Lilac was super sad. Maybe it’s cause she’s pregnant again and that takes away his spotlight?

Ginny is so cute!!! All these kids are adorable. Doesn’t hurt purple is my favorite color.