Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Love/hate pre-made homes.

2...Next

Comments

• July7601GirlJuly7601Girl Posts: 33 Member
    i think pretty much all of the premade homes are weirdly-layed-out messes, but i always enjoy remodeling them as my sims advance in their careers :)
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,959 Member
    most maxis houses have weird layouts but this only really is problem in huge houses
    like those big houses in brindleton are just... nightmare to even think of placing anything in
    because I can't see myself playing in those so I have just bulldozed them

though sometimes i find the layouts interesting because I'd never go so complex myself
    and it can be fun to renovate and try to not make it whole different house

I think I have somewhat love/hate relationship with willow creek houses
    like they often appear weirdly shapeless and big next to my builds
    and then I want to correct that

but simultaneously I also like something about them so I can't just go like ''let's make whole new house''
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    I love premade homes! It's like buying a house in real life. It's rare to have enough money to buy a dream house; you always have to settle. Plus I love remodeling and redecorating as a Sim family grows. One of my favorite families lives in this particular lot: an alien, a human, and a child. They all have bedrooms on the second floor. The human is a scientist, so there's crazy lab equipment everywhere. The alien and the child are both artists, so there is also a lot of art in the house. It made me feel warm inside to see pictures of this house. :)
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • WaytoomanyUIDsWaytoomanyUIDs Posts: 845 Member
    Most of the premade houses in TS4 look good from the outside but terribly laid out inside, with some notable exceptions like the Holiday/Lee/Scott house. IMO the worst examples are the Goth and Landgraab mansions and Munch house, I've tried to fix the first 2 but have never really gotten them to my satisfaction. The Munch house is best nuked from orbit.
    Origin/Gallery ID: WaytoomanyUIDs
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,865 Member
    I rarely even do a house/lot tour. I just bulldoze everything. Along with most of the residents. Not because the lots are awful but there are so many awesome house on the Gallery.
  • DoktorBonkDoktorBonk Posts: 30 Member
    Wow, OP, you gave that lot a total facelift!! I always hated the layout of that house, even though I've used it a couple of times. The downstairs is fine and well, but the upstairs is so annoying! Have you put the modified version on the gallery? It'd be cool to have that available for download!!
  • DoktorBonkDoktorBonk Posts: 30 Member
    I also don't like too many of the premade homes, not that they're bad or anything, I just like making my own sometimes since that way you can put whatever you need into it! I've only dabbled in house making a little bit, but I have a few houses on the Gallery :D I'm not the greatest at it, but I'm pretty proud of some of the stuff I've created!! Since I'm likely never gonna own my own home since I'm really not the independent type, it's so fun to be able to make my own houses in Sims and do whatever I want with them!!