Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Can someone explain why events are also rabbitholes?!

So I got over the fact that classes, jobs and graduation are all rabbitholes, but when they they said there's a soccer event when you actually can compete with the other university team, I got excited for this, til I found it it's a rabbithole too!
I mean the only things left that aren't rabbitholes are studying, preparing presentations, wow so much fun ^_^ ?

And three organizations, painting session which exists in game you just do it in group now, and I'm sorry but I have no interest in robotic events (but I do understand that other people want them) the debate session is the only things that I'm interested in that isnt a rabbithole..

I'm not trying to "ruin" anyone excitement about the pack, I couldn't wait to have my sim interact with students in the class but since they're rabbitholes now I was disappoint but I was thinking of other features, the jobs and graduation are rabbitholes too I mean ok..I was excited about the events and ability to compete with other teams but it's also a rabbithole!

I'm really trying to love this pack as university is my fav pack after seasons but it's kinda pushing the edges for me at this point..

Comments

• Options
    MissyHissyMissyHissy Posts: 2,022 Member
    I believe the training of is not a rabbithole? I think I understood that right? I don't know if that helps you at all?
    *All my mods can be found on The Daily Plumbob*MiAqoAE.png
  • Options
    graventhegraventhe Posts: 1,330 Member
    MissyHissy wrote: »
    I believe the training of is not a rabbithole? I think I understood that right? I don't know if that helps you at all?
    Practising on soccer between 2 sim normally isnt a rabbithole, but they were advertising that you could compete with other teams and I really loved this til I read the end of QAs that it's a rabbithole, attending soccer events are also rabbitholes..I couldnt care about too much..I just wanted at least see one of these events..I thought this pack focused on life outside university class? Everything being a rabbithole doesn't mean it does..
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,719 Member
    I think it is because they expect you to play around with organizations, I assume that one organization is a sports team and they will probably hang around somewhere, or they expect you to create clubs who will be "football teams".

EA are providing us barebone minimum for this pack and they expect you to make your own fun. I think it could be okay to play this with a lot of sims, because then you can "pretend" to do these activities.

If you just play with one sim though...rabbit hole simulator.
  • Options
    logion wrote: »
    I think it is because they expect you to play around with organizations, I assume that one organization is a sports team and they will probably hang around somewhere, or they expect you to create clubs who will be "football teams".

EA are providing us barebone minimum for this pack and they expect you to make your own fun. I think it could be okay to play this with a lot of sims, because then you can "pretend" to do these activities.

I could be wrong but I read all the blogs, videos, QAs and there was no mention of team sports organization, they also said organizations and clubs are two separate things..so without get together you cant even have soccer club and with get together you have to "pretend" because they work separately from university organizations..
    I mean..
  • Options
    MissyHissyMissyHissy Posts: 2,022 Member
    Sports Teams: Are there just two/ What can they do game and competing wise/ Can we create our own? Thanks- again. If we can make our own teams can we create Basketball Teams using CL?

Each University has their own Soccer team, and their own E-Sports teams. As a student, you can join either of your school’s sports teams. They’ll practice on weekdays, and home & away rabbithole matches take place each week on Friday & Saturday, at each University’s arena. The two universities always compete against each other; there aren’t additional teams or player created teams to play for/against.

That's the main reference I found. It definitely mentions the rabbithole matches but I'm not sure whether the practice bit is or not? I think it sounds a bit like the sports games from Sims 3 but I don't know if the weekday practices are rabbitholes or not. I haven't found any other mentions yet.

I'm wondering if with the matches, it's a number-of-sims-in-the-area thing? I'm just guessing here c034.gif
    *All my mods can be found on The Daily Plumbob*MiAqoAE.png
  • Options
    AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    graventhe wrote: »

I could be wrong but I read all the blogs, videos, QAs and there was no mention of team sports organization, they also said organizations and clubs are two separate things..so without get together you cant even have soccer club and with get together you have to "pretend" because they work separately from university organizations..
    I mean..

They’re in the jobs panel....
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,719 Member
    edited November 2019
    From James Turners video, it looks like soccer is just a rabbit-hole career? But one of the goals is to make 2 friends with teammates, that's going to be really difficult to do unless there is an activity where you can meet them.

73rCVfj.png
  • Options
    graventhe wrote: »

I mean..

They’re in the jobs panel....

I meant active organization like arts or debate where you can engage you sim in the activity (not a class), although I didn't know it was a job, honestly since it's a rabbithole too, it doesn't change much, I just wanted to see my sim team competing with the other but I'm 100% sure also the weekends practises are also rabbitholes because they usually shows those in the trailer (or Clearly mention in description you can engage in the activity aka it's not a "rabbithole") @MissyHissy

I hope I'm wrong though and at least some events aren't rabbitholes but I don't want to get disappointed again..
  • Options
    LoveMcQueen5683LoveMcQueen5683 Posts: 3,689 Member
    edited November 2019
    This isn't really a defense but they're whole games dedicated to sports. Do you really think the sims team is going to create an entire sports game within the sims? Do you even understand how much of a huge job that would be? They would have to sell the pack for way more than it is just to make a profit.

They struggled to make snowball fights work. I dont think they could handle soccer.
    LR3g0ni.jpg
  • Options
    babajaynebabajayne Posts: 1,866 Member
    From James Turners video, it looks like soccer is just a rabbit-hole career? But one of the goals is to make 2 friends with teammates, that's going to be really difficult to do unless there is an activity where you can meet them.

73rCVfj.png
    I wonder if it’ll give us an option to invite teammates over via phone, like the acting career lets us invite the director and co-stars over.
  • Options
    dearie_blossomdearie_blossom Posts: 707 Member
    We don‘t even get active classes in a University pack. What makes you think we would get active sports events?

At this point we should consider ourselves lucky that we get active painting clubs.
  • Options
    MarnettiMarnetti Posts: 1,047 Member
    Honestly, I’m more disappointed and surprised that graduation is a rabbit hole. Not even a dedicated party.
    ~I just like lifestates. Is that too much to ask for?~
    tumblr_p4xbgrS3wO1tltr42o1_500.gif
  • Options
    MendotaMendota Posts: 794 Member
    Marnetti wrote: »
    Honestly, I’m more disappointed and surprised that graduation is a rabbit hole. Not even a dedicated party.

Why not just have your own party? Sims represents a "sandbox", not a lot of premade "toys". In a sandbox, you take the basics and you create something wonderful. You can have your own grad party, you can create a study group. The possibilities are limited only by your own imagination.
  • Options
    paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    Mendota wrote: »

Why not just have your own party? Sims represents a "sandbox", not a lot of premade "toys". In a sandbox, you take the basics and you create something wonderful. You can have your own grad party, you can create a study group. The possibilities are limited only by your own imagination.

Ah yes, that old argument again :neutral:

While I agree that sandbox play is a paramount of this series and admire the freedom to create what you like, there's always the fact that there's always the lack of a full range of options to choose from. Why can't we have both the option to graduate in a rabbithole or through a graduation party? Rabbithole ceremony is one thing, but not adding at least a grad party to do after is surprising. It's not like it's rather hard to code in either it seems; they've been adding parties locked to specific situations since the very beginning of this game. But I guess creating any old party will do, minus the goals I guess.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • Options
    qpmommaqpmomma Posts: 135 Member

Why have any parties other than house party then? It would be cool to have a graduation type party with goals, imo.
  • Options
    AineAine Posts: 3,043 Member

Sandbox play requires actual sandbox tools. A rabbit hole is the opposite of sandbox, and we don't have enough to make up for it. An example of True sandbox is for example Sims 2 Community lots, where YOU decided which npcs were loaded and how many, and you could combine objects however you wanted. In comparison the Sims 4 community lots are LESS sandbox, because they give you lot types that you cannot change. In Sims 2 I could have as many working bars as I wanted, in Sims 4 not so much.
    Allons-y!

---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
    ---> Burglary Stuff Pack Idea - Burglars, alarm systems, and diamonds to steal!<---
  • Options
    Glimmer50Glimmer50 Posts: 2,365 Member
    I really wish they would have given us "Graduation Party" under events. I am still hoping they will or did. Then your Sim could get a house item to start their new life for a gold. Or they could have made Graduation itself an event just like Weddings. Yes, we can make our own parties but it is nice to get gold and a prize. And I do wish they made it to where you could make your own organizations. But I guess we can do that with Clubs.
  • Options
    kateoverendkateoverend Posts: 7,985 Member
    I am a little disappointed with this EP. There are so many missed opportunities that could have made this EP really special.

It was said that Sims 4 reintroduced loading screens, lost the open world and lowered specifications to focus on improved gameplay making it fuller, more indepth and realistic, however they have not done that. Sims 4 is just a rehash of everything we have seen in Sims 1,2 and 3. I was hoping for new packs we have not seen before, or the opportunity to participate fully in our sims everyday life experiences.

Note. I am not saying I do not like playing the Sims, I do, very much, I simply feel sad as I believe we are not receiving the advanced gameplay we were promised with Sims 4.
    rnKEhBT.png