Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What did you do with the Sigworth family? (Military)

Comments

• HejixHejix Posts: 1,056 Member
    Stay at home parents are super useful! In fact, because he is not working, he might be able to save his family from all becoming zombies!
    I want to play ALL the premade families! One day...
  • thatsnotswegthatsnotsweg Posts: 697 Member
    edited March 2019
    I was playing them in my pre-made save recently.

Jess is still infected and just gave birth to her second daughter. Dylan is in denial that she's even infected. He took up the doctor career (maybe to find out more about his wife's possible illness?), so he's no longer a stay-at-home dad, but he's still heavily involved in raising the children. He does try and snap Jess out of it when he catches her exhibiting symptoms, but usually she just wanders around the neighborhood at night talking to plants or bothering Erwin at his booth. When the children are teens, I think they're going to team up and try to cure her/defeat the mother, maybe Dylan will finally come around and help them too, but I haven't decided yet.
    mkbsef.png
    dnlpqr.png
    34yv095.png
    2yv1dp2.png
    2ls8q6f.png
    2eye0y9.png
    29oo3y8.png
    2sbs4ud.jpg
    2lw27mw.png
    2r4376x.png
    wt9dhs.png
    23tqbv8.png
    2v8hbeq.png
    2ymvsi0.png
    166iujb.png
    9kunbr.png
    2hicfmg.png
    2csfcax.png
    5kouir.png
    Post edited by thatsnotsweg on
    gallery ID: thatsnotsweg

vYCrjvm.png
    Awesome pictures! I could see Dylan as a doctor.
    When your wife acts like this in the middle of the night, there isn't a monster under your bed, but in your bed... How strong will Dylan's love will be?????

NqGQF9i.png
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,719 Member
    I wanted Jess to be like in the trailer for Strangerville. And in the trailer she lives alone...in a trailer, she does not seem to have a family at all.

So what I did was one night I spawned a bunch of random sims, gave them the status infected and pretended that the husband and the daughter got kidnapped by then removing them from the household and moving them somewhere else.

Then I played with Jess living in a trailer, where she tries to find her family by doing the investigation. I prefer playing with just one sim anyway so playing with her doing the investigation by her own was pretty fun.

On top of that, I wanted to play with Sacrificals Zombie mod, so now she walks around and shoots zombies as well.
    U9yRw2e.jpg

Maybe she will discover her family by the end of the investigation...or she will keep searching for them...in the jungle...with zombies.
    @logion wow, your Jess rocks! She looks really bad plum! ;) Good idea to make her family kidnapped.

In my game, Dylan decided to become a scientist, temporarily, during Jess' maternity leave. He's afraid for the baby and wants to get access to the lab faster. He suspects he is being watched. He pretends to play along so his family is safe. Christie is scared... He befriended the pilot. He found it odd no one has cleared the airplane and was surprised to find a survivor.
  • BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    Lol the husband is a stay at home dad?? I never played that household so I had no idea. Let me load up the game and give that bum a job smh
    hahaha

Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • AbraKadabraAbraKadabra Posts: 304 Member
    My sim who solved the mystery befriended Dylan and is in the club with him and some other guys. They're like bros who hang out regularly. I also noticed Dylan is very good looking, so I might break up him and Jess so I can ship him with one of my sims.
  • SimmingAspieSimmingAspie Posts: 25 Member
    I've already completed the Strangerville storyline with a sim I made so the Sigworths are safe. Although, I might draft Jess into my Amazon Clan, if that happens she won't be safe. Muahahahaha
    @AbraKadabra I wonder why he and Jess hooked up. They're so different. But again, why not?

@simmingaspie Jess is quite the amazon! I'm sure she'll manage whatever you throw at her, especially if she is still infected... Immunity!
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,860 Member
    Lol this thread is everything. 😄 I haven't been able to play for a bit but will hopefully get some free time on the weekend.
  • feetinstockingsfeetinstockings Posts: 4,264 Member
    I haven't played with any pre made's in StrangeVille. will do so today. so can you have more than one family investigate, and they all come together, can I make a club specifically for the quest. maybe that's something I need to try.
    A club is a good idea. I love that pack. More you dig into it, the more fun it become! ;) It's anything but shallow!
  • RobinGreenthumbRobinGreenthumb Posts: 237 Member
    I haven't played with any pre made's in StrangeVille. will do so today. so can you have more than one family investigate, and they all come together, can I make a club specifically for the quest. maybe that's something I need to try.

Yep! Right now I have several sims in the neighborhood helping my journalist sim in her investigation. I had the Mrs. Roswell bring the information she found in Ted’s basement to my journalist sim, and had Mr. Sigworth do the same with the info on the bedroom dresser.

You can either gift the item to the target sim (this is usually read as a bad gift tho), or you can drag from the sim’s inventory to the target sim.

Only one sim can ‘complete’ the aspiration (whoever initiates the fight with the mother), but all can investigate.
  • kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    if you bring your active sims down together in a group, multiple can actually complete the aspiration before you leave. you just have to make sure they've got enough bizarre fruit in their inventory to revive and start the fight over with a new sim leading. i had all three of my investigators (who were in a household together) complete it that way before i had them revive her, ask for standard weirdness and finally leave
  • Frn0731Frn0731 Posts: 7,180 Member
    Dylan was my hero , Jess was promoted high in the military carreer and the daughter so far completed 3 aspirations. I loved playing this family , as soon as Jess and daughter left for work and school , Dylan was off trying to solve the mystery of Strangerville .
    Laugh out loud. Often
  • marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    I will be honest the husband ran off with another sim and took the kid with him. shes spends her days welcoming new residents in her freaky welcomes.

runs around a lot with her head to the side B)
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

@marcel21 I would try very hard not to run off if I was the husband, but I understand if he would, seeing his wife act that strange way every night!

Reading "The Puppets Masters" by Robert A. Heinlein. Suddenly, I wanted to play StrangerVille again. ;P Good read to put you in the mood.
  • BfeverBfever Posts: 40 Member
    edited June 2019
    In my game, Jess was a little bored with Dylan, So she started having an affair with premade J.Huntington, who also is her co-worker in the military career is & happily married father of 4. J moved with his family to Strangerville from Oasis Springs temporarily so his wife, who is in the scientist career, could solve the mystery as she was assigned to by her job. Since his wife was always out solving the mystery instead of being home with him and the kids, he started feeling neglected and started seeing Jess after they became super close going to happy hours together at the bar after work. J eventually broke up with Jess when he found out she was pregnant cause his wife became pregnant with their 5th child after solving the mystery around the same time. J “has no idea” that the child Jess was pregnant with was his. Poor Dylan on the other hands thinks it’s his. J’s wife had given Jess the vaccine to cure her infection but Jess purposely ate a bizarre fruit again just so J’s family could move back to help her...they ended up permanently moving to Strangerville cause they loved it there but J wants nothing to do with her anymore so she’s just living her life with Dylan and her two kids...and continues to get possessed every night...then poor Dylan has to keep and eye on her and keep bringing her back.
  • Arenella1992Arenella1992 Posts: 2 New Member
    HELPPPP, my Dylan died by trying to kill mother and now not sure what to do, to go along the story as it is with him dead leaving Jess presumably pregnant and her child daughter Christie to deal with her mother “strange” behaviour, perhaps maybe I should go along and so use Christie to finish the story and get revenge on mother and perhaps she becomes a well know famous bestselling author ?! What y’all think ?
  • BoergeAarg61BoergeAarg61 Posts: 955 Member
    edited November 2019
    Hejix wrote: »
    So, what have you done with them so far?

Not much. I only made some changes to their house and played the household from time to time. I might add some pictures later, even though I featured them in another thread, too.
    Jess was infected, by the way.

Among other things, the sim made to solve the mystery visited the Sigworth family for Winterfest, and Jess once beat up the Easter bunny as I wondered what "fight for eggs" was about.

Here are two pictures suggesting members of the family might learn some gardening.
    10_11_10.png

10_11_11.png

A while later, Christie did some gardening (a sort of) while her parents tried for a baby.
    10_11_12.png
  • ryttu3kryttu3k Posts: 1,148 Member
    Since left Strangerville and are living in Oasis Springs. After the Mother was defeated, Jess was pretty traumatised over her possession and wanted to get out of town, and they didn't have much connection with the placce anyway. Christie is friends with Olivia Kim-Lewis (the Spencer-Kim-Lewises live in Oasis Springs now, since I made Willow Creek a magic-and-occult-only town) and they're living off Jess's military compensation / hush money / I just motherlode'd them. Jess is still in contact with Alice and Erwin, moreso Erwin since he was part of the team that helped bring down the Mother and knows firsthand how traumatising it is.

I also gave Christie more of a lower jaw. We'll see how it turns out when she ages up!
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,341 Member
    edited November 2019
    The Sigworth became my main investigators in my third playthrough. It's documented here (and still running): https://enkisstories.tumblr.com/tagged/strangerville third playthrough/chrono

There is another family that steals the spotlight occasionally, but you can try these links instead that should remove everything non-Sigworth:
    In short, after getting infected Jess's mind was swapped with that of the motherplant. After learning this, Dylan decided to rescue his wife. He started working together with the very confused motherplant and together they unraveled more and more of the mystery. When the motherplant was defeated, Dylan was heartbroken from having a lost a friend, but also immensely relieved to have his wife back.

Afterwards the couple returned to their normal lifes, with Jess continuing her military career and Dylan staying home with Christie. He is making a name for himself from selling his cakes and in fact accumulated fame during the mystery already. For their part in the experiments the couple got a large sum that they will spend for a luxury vacation at Sulani (I haven't gotten around to play that yet).

Here is a pic of "Jess"/Mother and Dylan during the investigations:
    3dac41b20f6c470b65538f5b8445d063bc187127.jpg

During the mystery:
    tumblr_pzdx3iM1Yr1t1fm14o2_540.jpg

After the mystery:
    tumblr_pzjl1uIXlS1t1fm14o1_540.jpg
  • WallSims4everWallSims4ever Posts: 755 Member
    I played through StrangerVille with them and it was quite dramatic. Jess was super infected to a point where she would only eat the forbidden fruit.

Dylan was extremely worried about her and about their daughter finding out that he would lock jess alone in the room every night.

So he decided to investigate and solve the mistery. Jess felt guilty and sacrificed herself to the mother.

Dylan defeated the mother but it was too late, Jess was gone. Their daughter took the military career to honor her mother.
    @Wallsisms4ever Love the melodrama. ;P It's cool we can do that with the Sims.

@EnkiSchmidt Selling cakes? Interesting. They truly deserve their vacations in Sulani!

@ryttu3k Hush money, yes, that's a good idea, especially after what happened!

@BoergeAarg61 Fight for eggs, literally? Aww, poor Jess, her military training got to her head! You'd think that, after the mother episode, they'd avoid gardening, especially the one involving cow plants. ;) Aw, sims.

@arenella Yes, using Chris for revenge later sounds good! The baby might even lend her a hand if she waits a bit?