Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

November Patch Speculation 2019 (Maxis Monthly Announced)*Patch Out Now *

Comments

• ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    So its confirmed not to be cars or babies unless its a traits update I could care less at this point just endless disappointment. Oh please let next year be better this year was the worst.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    I hope it's a personalitiy overhaul.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • EliharbEliharb Posts: 476 Member
    I'm thinking repoman and burglar make a comeback to base game. They already mentioned that the repoman will come collect your things if you don't pay your loans or something, but the burglar would be the cherry on top. It's high time they added it back. I don't expect anything bigger than that.
    Playing on Intel Core i7-5960X 16 core CPU - 32 GB DDR4 Ram - GTX 980 Ti
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,393 Member
    edited November 2019
    Eliharb wrote: »
    I'm thinking repoman and burglar make a comeback to base game. They already mentioned that the repoman will come collect your things if you don't pay your loans or something, but the burglar would be the cherry on top. It's high time they added it back. I don't expect anything bigger than that.

This makes since but if they add the burglar back they ll also have to add the npc cop back and the burglar alarm.
  • PastellglitchhPastellglitchh Posts: 1 New Member
    I just hope they patch the glitch that doesn't allow babies to age up, it's been in my game for so long and it's extremely irritating,, if anyone has a fix for that please let me know!!
  • AllinsimstimeAllinsimstime Posts: 106 Member
    I was watching the EnglishSimmer's gameplay video for Uni. The new accessibility feature is UI scaling.
  • elelunicyelelunicy Posts: 2,004 Member
    I was watching the EnglishSimmer's gameplay video for Uni. The new accessibility feature is UI scaling.

Which is funny since UI scaling has been in game since the December 2014 patch. They just never added it to the options menu.
    qidpmcvgek8y.png
  • LoveMcQueen5683LoveMcQueen5683 Posts: 3,689 Member
    rudy8292 wrote: »

Sadly cars aren't coming in this update but it may be that oceans and lakes in other worlds will be made swimmable

It's also no baby update btw.

So uuh that's that..

Atleast he didn't say no to lakes and oceans being swimmable in other worlds.

That would be such a boring surprise since that feature was suppose to come months ago.
    LR3g0ni.jpg
  • SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    I’m sure the bed side assignment will be coming as well, hope it doesn’t somehow break beds though, my sim already isn’t using her bed 😤😤😤
  • izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    I'm more interested in an update to an existing feature that we already have instead of adding another cas/builbuy objects, we got hundreds of those already.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • wormstache999wormstache999 Posts: 477 Member
    Holiday wrote: »
    One more thing is probably just the Repo man if they really are adding it back to the game. I would expect it to come in a patch rather than as part of a pack.

Probably not. I read a few comments by now that said Repo Man will be exclusively in DU and will only come for student loans.
    Example from here:
    But does the Repo Person only come to collect the Uni loans... or will they also appear when you don't pay your regular household bills?
    - At this time, the Repo Person will only come to collect on Student Loans. Regular Household bills behave as they always have.

Are loans available to non-students? Is the repoman returning as an unpaid loans bailiff?
    - The loans we added in this pack are “Student Loans.” At this time, you can only get them through the University flow. The Repo Person will collect on unpaid loans after a few warnings by taking an object, similarly to how they behaved in the past.
  • DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,876 Member
    James Turner said in his University build/buy video that stretchable columns are coming with the update.
    Dianesims wrote: »
    I wonder what they mean by « accessibility feature » ?

Also I think the building update is about stretchable columns.

rudy8292 wrote: »

Sadly cars aren't coming in this update but it may be that oceans and lakes in other worlds will be made swimmable

It's also no baby update btw.

So uuh that's that..

• DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,876 Member
    edited November 2019
    Dumb question I know, but what is UI scaling ? Does it mean we can make the menus and panels smaller or bigger if we want ?

• SimmyFroggySimmyFroggy Posts: 1,762 Member
    edited November 2019
    Dianesims wrote: »
    Dumb question I know, but what is UI scaling ? Does it mean we can make the menus and panels smaller or bigger if we want ?

EnglishSimmer only showed it with the Game Settings UI but even the text on the menu screen scaled (not the pack icons though), so I think it will affect menus, popup items, possibly notifications in-game and make them bigger/smaller the way you set them.
    If you want to watch how it'll work, it's at 2:10 in this video:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAIGU0tFk2c
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,393 Member
    edited November 2019
    Reminder

We have the Update coming Tomorrow.
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,963 Member
    edited November 2019
    LMcGE wrote: »
    Piercing CAS update would be nice !

48942710.jpg

Frost said it’s for Uni only

Ahh that's too bad for people who aren't buying the pack.

Hmm... isn’t this why we buy packs? To gain new things.

Yes, but this is quite a big new thing, and usually packs contain variants of more normal things. So for facial piercings it would be one thing to have specific rings in a pack but the BG to also have some so that the ability for more piercings is open to all. E.g., all Sims can have hair, but some styles are in the basegame and some are in packs.

They may end up doing that, it not now, later. The university piercings are limited to studs, so who knows they may bring another type along to base game at some point. I like that they are adding several small tatoo’s.
  • SuccySuccy Posts: 29 Member
    I am going to throw a wild guess and say the patch will add the ability to swim on existing worlds, as they did so for the upcoming university world.
  • nolifednolifed Posts: 1 New Member
    Personally, I have been wondering why all the sims in the trailer for The Sims 4 Discover University suddenly have speech bubbles and thought bubbles... I don't think that has ever been in any trailer before. Can it have something to do with a new personality trait/social trait system for the sims? Maybe that is the secret patch update!
  • MVWdeZTMVWdeZT Posts: 3,267 Member
    I think the CAS stuff in the patch will be for children and toddlers -- sweatshirts with college logos, that sort of thing. Accessibility is making print larger, which will be appreciated by us older simmers. I'm curious what the one small extra thing will be.
  • jacechujacechu Posts: 87 Member
    Reminder

Do we know for sure the patch itself is coming tomorrow, OR just what's in it AND the day it comes out (like Wednesday or Thursday)
    Sims YouTube
    Twitter
    Gallery ID: jacechu06
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    jacechu wrote: »
    Reminder

Do we know for sure the patch itself is coming tomorrow, OR just what's in it AND the day it comes out (like Wednesday or Thursday)

Patches usually release on Tuesdays, so it's likely. But it is odd that the Maxis Monthly and the Patch would release on the same day, so who knows?
  • rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    Isn't it quite weird that the Patch is out before the Maxis Monthly? I mean, going by past Patch releases.

What is the point of Maxis Monthly if people already know what everything in the patch is?

We'll see I guess.
  • LoveMcQueen5683LoveMcQueen5683 Posts: 3,689 Member
    The past few patches have been a Thursday though...
    LR3g0ni.jpg
  • SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member

Gamechangers get the pack after the patch, and they get it earlier than us. Tuesday is usual for an EP on Friday.
  • SimmyFroggySimmyFroggy Posts: 1,762 Member

Gamechangers get the pack after the patch, and they get it earlier than us. Tuesday is usual for an EP on Friday.

I think one of the GC's (RoryPlays, I think, but don't quote me on it) mentioned that they're getting early access codes on Wednesday. So unless they get the patch before we do, that should be out today, possibly at the same time as the Maxis Monthly goes live.