Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

A little thank you

...for making computers and laptops lockable like doors. :) Saw the feature on the Univerity stream.
Parcour - the art of jumping to conclusions.

Comments

• KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    I think someone said that this was a thing in a mod...most likely they stole it from...this saddens me...but cool I guess?
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    I think someone said that this was a thing in a mod...most likely they stole it from...this saddens me...but cool I guess?

So anything that they add to the game that's in a mod is automatically stolen? I don't think that's how that works...

So anything that they add to the game that's in a mod is automatically stolen? I don't think that's how that works...

I didn't say that...but I am just saying it was a thing.
  • Marduc_PlaysMarduc_Plays Posts: 416 Member

They implemented a by many players long asked feature - i'm thankful for the modder who made it possible before, but i'm also thankful for any feature i don't need a mod for anymore. And that's what my feedback is for. (and the philosopy "not complaining is thanks enough" is bad for anyones motivation, just say thanks if you like something without any butwhataboutism. ;))

They implemented a by many players long asked feature - i'm thankful for the modder who made it possible before, but i'm also thankful for any feature i don't need a mod for anymore. And that's what my feedback is for. (and the philosopy "not complaining is thanks enough" is bad for anyones motivation, just say thanks if you like something without any butwhataboutism. ;))

true but I am glad you are excited. I just wanted to point it out
  • SimmyFroggySimmyFroggy Posts: 1,762 Member

So were lockable doors at first because a modder made it happen before the devs did after players were asking for that feature.
  • EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,875 Member
    About the list of "obsolete mods" , the bigger the list , the better. Most of all for console players, they can't use mods even if they would like to. :)
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • NetzspannungNetzspannung Posts: 2,456 Member
    It also totally makes sense for them to add this feature now with dorm living and the roommate system. I also think it is a great little addition, no more hiding laptops or locking rooms when guests come around!
    If I just posted an outfit you like, I have good news - there is more where that came from!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/956513/netz-a-porter-outfits-ready-to-wear-for-your-sims-no-cc-required
    Twitter: NetzspannungTS

we all try ...
  • Marduc_PlaysMarduc_Plays Posts: 416 Member
    About the list of "obsolete mods" , the bigger the list , the better. Most of all for console players, they can't use mods even if they would like to. :)

Didn't even think about that, but thats totally a winning argument.
  • EuckfaEuckfa Posts: 4 New Member
    Yeah, it's super annoying when I'm throwing a house party and the guests help themselves to the laptop in my bedroom. I could just lock the door but that's not the only computer in my house and not every computer should have to be behind a door just to stop randoms from using it.

Good addition!
  • MissyHissyMissyHissy Posts: 2,022 Member
    This is coming in Uni? (I didn't see the livestream). Now that's really handy. I was only thinking about this yesterday and contemplating getting a mod for it but I won't bother now. I'll hang on another week and use the feature then. Fabulous <3
    *All my mods can be found on The Daily Plumbob*MiAqoAE.png
  • Sara1010PSara1010P Posts: 891 Member
    Yes I love this feature too. It will come in very handy.
  • Simsister2004Simsister2004 Posts: 3,536 Member
    What's that issue about computers? If you don't want anyone to use them, and just want them to buy something from, you just don't place a chair in front of it. How hard can that be?
  • July7601GirlJuly7601Girl Posts: 33 Member
    What's that issue about computers? If you don't want anyone to use them, and just want them to buy something from, you just don't place a chair in front of it. How hard can that be?

i think it's more an issue of it being a personal computer for one particular sim's use rather than the entire household.
  • MissyHissyMissyHissy Posts: 2,022 Member

As an example for you; if I've got a teen son with his own computer in his room, he doesn't want his younger sister coming in and playing games on it. So with the new feature, I'd be able to set the computer as his, so his pesky sister can't play with it.

It would also mean that a computer could be set for just that family to work with - stop the visitors from making a beeline for the household computer a050.gif
    *All my mods can be found on The Daily Plumbob*MiAqoAE.png
  • caliposscaliposs Posts: 320 Member
    This came with today's update and I couldn't be happier :smiley:
    he/him
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    Finally!!!!!! Thankyou!!🙏
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • > @KaeChan2089 said:
    > I think someone said that this was a thing in a mod...most likely they stole it from...this saddens me...but cool I guess?

What's sad is that you felt the need to write this. Yikes.
    Uh hello, Based Department?
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited November 2019

I didn't say that...but I am just saying it was a thing.

ANYTHING made for this game - no matter who makes it - it belongs to EA - it is very clear in the rules and TOS so EA can never steal what already belongs to them.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    I actually like how modders inspire Gurus to make things possible for the Sims 4. Then gives them a chance to work on other mods for the game. I love how creative and smart our modding community is.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller