Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Cute & Funny Little Things

Sometimes, I spot little cute and/or funny things in the game that just make me smile. For instance, when Sims sprint - I love it! It looks so silly and they do it a lot more often nowadays than they used to, or so I believe. Also, I still love the goofy expressions on Sims who are just learning how to cook.. Or play the violin :D

Origin ID: Nindigo79

A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
Time enjoyed is never time wasted

Comments

• Options
    bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,377 Member
    What a great idea! Thanks for the tip.

I love watching their facial expressions when they are playing video games.
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • Options
    NindigoNindigo Posts: 2,764 Member
    Oh, your pictures reminded me how cute it is when toddlers sit down and eat their food next to a pet - so adorable <3

• Options
    DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    edited November 2019
    I am not sure this one is cute but it definitely is a funny one!
    11-10-2019-10-47-38.png

BTW it reminds me of my second birthday when my curly fringe caught on fire while I was trying to blow out the candles. I remember it and I even have a photo of that situation in my album.
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • Options
    MissyHissyMissyHissy Posts: 2,022 Member
    This was quite sweet. Antonia was in a playful mood (she's a Goofball) and she went to pick up a book to read. She started playing with the book and giggle to herself. It was really funny to watch:
    7x1NWyR.jpg
    *All my mods can be found on The Daily Plumbob*MiAqoAE.png
  • Options
    ArzekialArzekial Posts: 665 Member
    I really like the crash broom landings. Makes me chuckle every time I see it.
  • Options
    SimmyFroggySimmyFroggy Posts: 1,762 Member
    I don't have a screenshot because it's usually such a quick moment, but it always makes me smile when puppies and kittens dash around and then stumble over their own paws and fall. Such a tiny thing added but so cute.
  • Options
    @Arzekial Heh, that reminds me..

I had a Sim walk a dog in Glimmerbrook. They walked all the way to a spawn/despawn point in one end of the neighborhood. Then they stopped and hung around, as they tend to do, when all of a sudden a Sim on a broom fell out of the sky and crashed right in front of them, both completely unphased. I think I blinked and then thought to myself.. "well, this is the Sims 4 for you" :D

• Options
    JojoMOMSTERJojoMOMSTER Posts: 1,965 Member
    @loubyloulou

I double dog dare you to add the lot trait dog hangout to a public outdoor pool venue. Bring your SIMs out for a swim on a hot day and just sit back and watch for a while.
  • Options
    loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,466 Member
    @loubyloulou

I double dog dare you to add the lot trait dog hangout to a public outdoor pool venue. Bring your SIMs out for a swim on a hot day and just sit back and watch for a while.

I'll give it a go :D
  • Options
    XxAirixXXxAirixX Posts: 2,567 Member
    So my sim family has a cat and that cat is scared of the stove. It's funny and cute to see the cat's reaction when my sim is cooking.

Also funny seeing the father panic when his girlfriend goes into labor and has a baby (they just had twin boys).
  • Options
    Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    I recently saw the family dog chase the family cat all around the inside and outside of the house. Both have the playful trait but kitty ended up with a thought bubble with the red circle and slash over the dog's picture. Then spent an hour on the highest platform of the kitty condo. It is the first time I have seen this kind of interaction between pets in the same household so I had to laugh. Now they're doing it every few days. They touch noses and do little head bumps, they sleep together on the sofa, but I didn't know the dogs would chase the cats. I also noticed when the pets interact my Sims react by clasping their hands together and making a little 'awww' sound. I was also surprised to learn my Sim dogs, even with the friendly trait, do not like every Sim. I had the owner tell the doggo to be friendly to a Sim she had growled at but doggo refused to obey and went back inside the house. When I took this Sim into CAS using a cheat, I found out he was actually an alien with the mean trait. But I dont know if the dog dislikes aliens or Sims with the mean trait yet. Further investigation is needed on this.
  • Options
    edited November 2019
    I find that the swimming animation of dogs is made incredibly well. A detail that has me smiling whenever I see it. Active dogs will use a home pool often. Did you know that your Sim can throw a ball into the water and the dog will swim to fetch it? Also, on the beaches in Sulani, dogs will head out to swim - it's really enjoyable and fun to watch a Sim swim with their dog :)

Also, the faces of both cats and dogs are incredibly expressive - another detail I really appreciate and which speaks of care and effort on the developer's part.

@Paigeisin5 I recall seeing the same scenario in a save once. It's rather comical, and I do believe dogs are meant to growl at aliens in disguise as a sign that they can't be fooled - like a tribute to their fabulous noses ;) I have also had pets that just didn't seem to really get along no matter what I tried, while others become bffs.

• Options
    Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    @Nindigo This cat and dog are very friendly with one another but once in a while the dog just can't resist chasing the cat. Thanks for clearing up the alien question. I had a feeling that might be the case. Yeah, the teams really knocked it out of the park with the Cats and Dogs EP. They are very well done as far as being complex characters with awesome animations and wonderful facial expressions. I often find myself watching the pets more than my Sims. These two weren't raised together. They belong to a newly married couple who blended their households into one. And in this save I am playing now, these two are the only pets in Sulani. They get a lot of attention from my other Sims, which is sweet. And no need for a doorbell in this house, as soon as another Sims stops by to visit they run across the house and stand at the door. And if my Sim is too busy for guests and doesn't go outside to greet him, the dog and cat go out to greet the guest. Which usually ends up being a big love fest between the guest and the pets. Heck, they have higher friendship bars with most of the townies than my Sims do. :)
  • Options
    MissyHissyMissyHissy Posts: 2,022 Member
    edited November 2019
    I thought this was amusing when I played the other night:
    0PlaPJ3.png?1

Ciaran (the skeleton) was blessed by the Omiscan gods when he opened one of the treasure chests and they turned him into a skeleton. His brother, Seamus was quite horrified and very clearly didn't see this as a blessing. Admittedly Ciaran was using his own ribs as a xylophone but what can you do?
    *All my mods can be found on The Daily Plumbob*MiAqoAE.png
  • Options
    FaberriesFaberries Posts: 1,354 Member
    The dancing animation for toddlers always makes me smile. It’s adorable <3
    Star Wind Flower Sun
  • Options
    July7601GirlJuly7601Girl Posts: 33 Member
    the interactions between pets and toddlers always manage to warm my dead, cold heart <3
  • Options
    coolsim9999999coolsim9999999 Posts: 5,101 Member
    Congratulations on your thread's being selected for the November 8 Friday Highlights @Nindigo B)! That's awesome! Great thread B)!
    4kkjdXo.png

• Options
    Skyview0Skyview0 Posts: 7 New Member
    I do adore the toddler animation and have just started doing more with Mermaids and I absolutely adore them and Sulani. I put Nalani Mahi'ai on a lot and started to play her. However, I don't know where her outfit or shoes came from. I posted in the general EA forums with a picture. Here is a link to my forum post with the sandals on her I just adore!! I also LOVE the outfit that she showed up in on the lot:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/General-Discussion-and-Feedback/Sim-in-never-before-seen-sandals/td-p/8465924
  • Options
    Skyview0Skyview0 Posts: 7 New Member
    By the way, I finally did find the sandals in base game sandals. I didn't realize I had a filter on that wasn't showing base game... my bad :)