Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Okay gamechangers have made this game a bit better.

I have watched Plumabella and James Turner in depth review and gameplay stuff...

And I will say this...they have REALLY made this game look better.
https://youtu.be/1pHAmxmmaZo <-- very interesting btw.

The devs really didn't shed good light on the expansion...
With the disappointing livestream and little talk...it really made this pack look HORRIBLE...

But looking at James' in depth review...it actually looks decent.........

So thank you Gamechangers for presenting this game better than the sims team <3

Comments

• Options
    fiercephoenix91fiercephoenix91 Posts: 175 Member
    I was already planning to buy, but the live stream Friday did make me question it. So watching Deligracy and James reviews via game changers has made me more excited for the pack.
  • Options
    HoveraelHoverael Posts: 1,230 Member
    Don't take this the wrong way but i'll wait until after launch to do some research into DU. I never do hold game changers or youtube bloggers opinions over yours, mine or anyone elses on this forum and beyond. It might be indepth, from a point of view, but that is all it is: a point of view. I'd like to get the complete picture first before considering it.
  • Options
    KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    Hoverael wrote: »
    Don't take this the wrong way but i'll wait until after launch to do some research into DU. I never do hold game changers or youtube bloggers opinions over yours, mine or anyone elses on this forum and beyond. It might be indepth, from a point of view, but that is all it is: a point of view. I'd like to get the complete picture first before considering it.

Oh and your are free to do so...
    I am just saying for my personal view...it brought more light to me is all <3
    I was so against this pack from how the guru presented it...
  • Options
    paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    I too, will also wait for various player opinions after release and they've played it for a few weeks or so. By the time Black Friday sales roll in, there should be enough peer reviews on it to gauge how good of a pack this'll be. I'm still buying it anyway, just on a good sale. It's become a pattern lately that people play a new pack to death and exhaust it after about 1-2 weeks bc it's shiny and new, so what I'm going for is the pack's gameplay longevity and replayability and entertainment factors.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • Options
    babajaynebabajayne Posts: 1,866 Member
    edited November 2019
    I agree, and I only watch Game Changers who are willing to be critical when it’s due. So I do trust their opinion. Either way it’s showing me more things that help me decide for myself.
  • Options
    babajayne wrote: »
    I agree, and I only watch Game Changers who are willing to be critical when it’s due. So I do trust their opinion. Either way it’s showing me more things that help me decide for myself.

I agree, I am just glad they take the time to show us more, it helps me decide easier <3.
  • Options
    SimmyFroggySimmyFroggy Posts: 1,762 Member
    It's definitely a better showcase of the pack when it's done by people who have practice at doing it. Looking forward to seeing proper Let's Plays to see how it integrates with everything else.
  • Options
    KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,382 Member
    I just watched DrGluon's videos about the game play and I'm super impressed.
    I thought the livestream was boring and confusing, but watching DrGluon playing it looked really fun. :)
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    edited November 2019
    I couldn't watch the livestream for discover university. No offense to the people presenting it and all but it was just so boring. I figure I'll just make my mind up when I get it myself. :D
  • Options
    XxAirixXXxAirixX Posts: 2,567 Member
    I don't need other's opinions as I can form my own. Just as long as I have the facts, news, know what the game is about and all that, that's all I care about. I am not interested in live streams or reviews, I skipped both. I want to play it, not watch other people play.
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,719 Member
    It looks like it could actually be fun to play this if you play with a large household and they are all students. Maybe that is more like what they did in the gameplay trailer.
    I'm skeptical about playing this with just one sim though, or if you like to rotate between households.
  • Options
    XxAirixX wrote: »
    I don't need other's opinions as I can form my own. Just as long as I have the facts, news, know what the game is about and all that, that's all I care about. I am not interested in live streams or reviews, I skipped both. I want to play it, not watch other people play.

And you go on ahead <3.

I am just glad they presented the game better is all.
    I know their opinion shouldn't influence anything..

I just wanted to show everyone that most of them have made the game better than how the sims team marketed it...that's all.

• Options
    NindigoNindigo Posts: 2,764 Member
    I think it's more a case of gamechangers inspiring you, guys. The game is still the same regardless who plays it.

Origin ID: Nindigo79

A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
    Time enjoyed is never time wasted

• Options
    babajaynebabajayne Posts: 1,866 Member
    Nindigo wrote: »
    I think it's more a case of gamechangers inspiring you, guys. The game is still the same regardless who plays it.
    No. They showed more about how it all works. You don’t have the explanation for our thoughts.
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,529 Member
    babajayne wrote: »
    Nindigo wrote: »
    No. They showed more about how it all works. You don’t have the explanation for our thoughts.

I agree.
    Their presentations were much better and you could tell the live streamers were holding back so the Game Changers wouldn't be totally redundant.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,406 Member
    I thought the live stream was okay and the pack looked better than I expected.
  • Options
    cheescaekscheescaeks Posts: 902 Member
    i think it helps that they're going through this pack for the first time.

when you're a developer you're going through the pack for maybe the 1,000th time? it's hard to be rather enthusiastic about it when you've play-tested it several times before. also the livestream wasn't awful, they're not professional streamers or entertainers, it's just a dev livestream and i'm not expecting them to be rodeo clowns, my expectations are watching people who's job is to make the game go through what they've done.
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,669 Member
    cheescaeks wrote: »
    i think it helps that they're going through this pack for the first time.

when you're a developer you're going through the pack for maybe the 1,000th time? it's hard to be rather enthusiastic about it when you've play-tested it several times before. also the livestream wasn't awful, they're not professional streamers or entertainers, it's just a dev livestream and i'm not expecting them to be rodeo clowns, my expectations are watching people who's job is to make the game go through what they've done.

Adding that youtubers do normally edit their video productions, meaning the dull comments are already removed. While a live dev streaming will not have the chance of editing anything...
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    ElenPinkElenPink Posts: 541 Member
    I'll wait until LGR releases his review. He is the only one I trust.
    webp_net_gifmaker_by_sarcasmisbetter-dcfn6tz.gif
  • Options
    ElenPink wrote: »
    I'll wait until LGR releases his review. He is the only one I trust.

Here too <3 He is the one I count on the most <3
  • Options
    AnnLee87AnnLee87 Posts: 2,475 Member
    Just a note ... I could be wrong but I do believe that DrGluon is the only Game Changer that I have seen that does not edit his content for YouTube. He stated in one of his videos that he does not know how to edit. He has good solid unedited play style. He plays on twitch and puts the recordings on YouTube and they are not edited and this is why I enjoy watching him. He is a true entertainer imo.

So if one wants to see unedited recordings of game play with true reactions he is a good one to follow. I don't care for twitch so he and a few others post them to YouTube. lilsimsie has a More lilsimsie channel for her live streams. She also edits the build footage from her live streams for shorter speed build videos.
  • Options
    LoveMcQueen5683LoveMcQueen5683 Posts: 3,689 Member
    edited November 2019
    Maybe they should have a gamechanger be present when they do these deep dive streams.

There was nothing different and new between the game changers videos and the deep dive streams besides organization and presentation but clearly that's all it takes to change some people's mind.
    LR3g0ni.jpg
  • Options
    NaomiSImblrNaomiSImblr Posts: 158 Member
    Why don’t they get the game changers more involved and get them to host the streams

And get them to build the pre existing lots in the main save files
  • Options
    SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    I too, will also wait for various player opinions after release and they've played it for a few weeks or so. By the time Black Friday sales roll in, there should be enough peer reviews on it to gauge how good of a pack this'll be. I'm still buying it anyway, just on a good sale. It's become a pattern lately that people play a new pack to death and exhaust it after about 1-2 weeks bc it's shiny and new, so what I'm going for is the pack's gameplay longevity and replayability and entertainment factors.

Do you think it'll be on sale for black Friday? I'd be surprised if it goes on sale that close to release. I would have guessed early new year before the price first drops on it...
  • Options
    MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    Why don’t they get the game changers more involved and get them to host the streams

And get them to build the pre existing lots in the main save files

Because they can’t allow game changers access to the game build the devs use, that’s what a game changer told me.