The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Discover University Official Countdown Thread!!!!!!! (Now Available)!!!!!!

Comments

• SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    James put curtains on the new shower head thing, a very nice idea from Deligracy he said. It doesn’t actually do anything but nice detail, I might just put walls around them. Liked though that sims were actually using most of the things he’s placed.
  • butterflyxgirlbutterflyxgirl Posts: 427 Member
    I can download my copy at 10 pm Thursday night (same as midnight eastern) and I’m so excited. It’s really hard waiting! I work today and tomorrow though, so hopefully these next couple days will go by faster at least.
  • SimQueenie9SimQueenie9 Posts: 2,944 Member
    LiELF wrote: »
    Anyone else now dying to hear more about the patch this week? Hype train is picking up steam! :D

PATCH? WHERE?! O-O
  • OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    Anyone else now dying to hear more about the patch this week? Hype train is picking up steam! :D

PATCH? WHERE?! O-O

Game and Expansion pack releases are typically preceded by a patch a few days before release. Expect a patch prior to Friday.
  • butterflyxgirlbutterflyxgirl Posts: 427 Member
    Patch will most likely be tomorrow, as I believe they said there was a Maxis Monthly going on to showcase it.
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,353 Member
    edited November 2019
    I'm expecting the patch to drop within 24 hours of the Maxis Monthly stream. They'd probably be doing Maxis Monthly today and the patch tomorrow if today weren't Veteran's Day in the states.
    OEII1001 wrote: »

PATCH? WHERE?! O-O

Game and Expansion pack releases are typically preceded by a patch a few days before release. Expect a patch prior to Friday.

I know. :p
  • BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    I work Friday and Saturday 😞
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,442 Member

Aw, bummer. :'( Set aside Sunday for Uni day!

I work Friday as well but I think I'm still going to sneak the pack in at midnight on Thursday night to get a peek. I'll probably be up until 3am. :D
    #Team Occult
  • friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member

I work Friday as well but I think I'm still going to sneak the pack in at midnight on Thursday night to get a peek. I'll probably be up until 3am. :D

i work saturday sunday. but i'm usually off by 2.
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    i've been avoiding watching any gameplay videos on it because i want to be as surprised as possible, so excited!

I only watched the live stream and the cas, from deligracy and the build buy from JameTurner aka The Sims Supply I’ll have to watch the build video @SelinaKyles mentioned but I generally prefer to do gameplay myself I just had to know the ages question answer 😂

@SimTrippy i do the same thing 😂 especially as I’m limited by work on when I can play it! I’m dying for it to be time! The peps is real 😂 especially as I dreamed of playing DU last night 😂

Haha :D so close though!!! I gotta say I barely feel the impatience at all thanks to Planet Zoo. Just trying to keep my animals and zoo afloat keeps me plenty busy. That game couldn't have released at a better time xD still very very excited. Only 4ish more days now :love:
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member

And yes! Although English Simmer kind of already told us what the accessibility feature will be, so now I'm just wondering about that "one other thing" xD
  • Phantasi33Phantasi33 Posts: 181 Member
    aprilrose wrote: »
    Since each term is a week I wonder if our sims will be able to experience the changing seasons if we have our settings to more than 7 days a season.

Your sims should be able to experience the changing seasons considering each term is 5 weekdays long and your sim will need to complete 12 classes to graduate so here's a breakdown of how many weeks it will take your sim to graduate based on the number of classes they take each term.

4 classes/term = 3 weeks
    3 classes/term = 4 weeks
    2 classes/term = 6 weeks
    1 class/term = 12 weeks

Well, that's good, at least you'll have plenty of time to play after. 😊
    SimTrippy wrote: »

And yes! Although English Simmer kind of already told us what the accessibility feature will be, so now I'm just wondering about that "one other thing" xD

Yes! I suspect it will be the repo man to base game or maybe swimmable oceans/streams in other worlds since they said they were working on that.
    #Team Occult
  • alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member

Yes! I suspect it will be the repo man to base game or maybe swimmable oceans/streams in other worlds since they said they were working on that.

The repo man was already confirmed to only show up if you don't pay your student loans.

Accessibility feature?
  • friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member

if my gm had it her way i wouldn't get off til 4. but she has trouble getting me off at 2 so why would i work2 extra hours?
  • Tony89Tony89 Posts: 2,196 Member

PATCH? WHERE?! O-O

do patches automatically update with origin?
  • SimmyFroggySimmyFroggy Posts: 1,762 Member

Accessibility feature?

a setting to change the size of the UI
    edited November 2019

Accessibility feature?

I'm unsure why that would be helpful... *mutters* particularly in light of the fact that they haven't fixed the UI-not-showing-up-in-screenshots bug...
  • loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,466 Member

Accessibility feature?

I'm unsure why that would be helpful... *mutters* particularly in light of the fact that they haven't fixed the UI-not-showing-up-in-screenshots bug...

It'll be helpful for people who have problems with their eyes.
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    Tony89 wrote: »

PATCH? WHERE?! O-O

do patches automatically update with origin?

If you have it set to automatically update, yes.
    alan650111 wrote: »

The repo man was already confirmed to only show up if you don't pay your student loans.

Ah, so pack specific then. Fair enough. Well, I guess I'm going with universal swimming then. But I confess that I hope it's something unexpected and cool that affects Sim personalities. 😁
    #Team Occult
  • InvisibleaesInvisibleaes Posts: 1,526 Member
    edited November 2019
    I’m interested to find out what it is tomorrow I’ve finally reached the stage of I can’t play anymore stage because all my sims are ready (I think) for university’s! lol we’re almost there I just need to keep busy!
  • Hearts4uHearts4u Posts: 1,775 Member
    I got some good ideas from James Turners' dorm remodel/build video. When I do the dorm renovations, I'm actually going to have a male communal bathroom and a female communal bathroom. Super excited for this pack.
    Origin ID: littlebonnieblue