Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 3 Things you didn't know!

Comments

• jaletu2005jaletu2005 Posts: 688 Member
    I just learned that at any time your image hosting site can shut down! Lost my Alice pic so had to change my sig. Oh and to make it officially Sims 3 - if you put a trampoline in your yard, Zombies will bounce on it! So much fun to watch!
    Screenshot-5.jpg
  • SqueemotasticSqueemotastic Posts: 25 Member
    I just found out that a toddler sim will read the children's books to himself! I was trying to pull "handprints of the masters" from my single dad inventory and place it into the bookshelf. I did not notice that I missed and dropped it on the floor until my child toddled over and started reading! Since their relationship is maxed out I felt no remorse for letting him read a few books while my exhausted single dad took a nap
  • KelvinKelvin Posts: 6,899 Member
    I have learned that you can brag about your University degree to someone who just got arrested for attempting to break into your house.

wrehger.png

The importance of acquiring higher education, perhaps? :D
    chicken-run-ginger-i-just-decided-i-dont-care-idc-gif-20619284.gif
    ._.
  • fruitsbasket101fruitsbasket101 Posts: 1,530 Member
    edited October 2019
    1. I didn't know they had taken away child sims ability to garden after Generations came out. I do remember being able to garden with my child sim at one point but couldn't do it later on. It had been so long since I had a garden that I just thought I had imagined it. Now I know I wasn't crazy.
    2. Also just found out that if you stay long enough at a job in ts3 to reach their 3rd job anniversary that you get a plaque in the mail that you can put on the wall.
    Have a super fantastic awesome splendid amazing day! -TheQxxn
  • TurjanTurjan Posts: 1,713 Member
    I think my plant sim kid could still get some gardening skill (hidden, but the skill bar showed) from watching the gardening channel on TV. I don't know whether that is limited to plant sims though.
  • yoashmoyoashmo Posts: 528 Member
    1. I didn't know they had taken away child sims ability to garden after Generations came out. I do remember being able to garden with my child sim at one point but couldn't do it later on. It had been so long since I had a garden that I just thought I had imagined it. Now I know I wasn't crazy.
    2. Also just found out that if you stay long enough at a job in ts3 to reach their 3rd job anniversary that you get a plaque in the mail that you can put on the wall.

There's a mod that gives children more options like that. It's on mts.
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    emorrill wrote: »
    I had NO clue that sim cats will lay around on the newspaper!
    Looks like she's reading it to me. Or maybe was hoping to find the daily crossword puzzle? :)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • carlystur03carlystur03 Posts: 435 Member
    I had NO clue that sim cats will lay around on the newspaper! :open_mouth: I saw this during a pause and thought it was the most adorable thing ever! <3

cat-on-newspaper.jpg

Did any of the rest of you know?

No! I didn't know that either! That's very cool!
  • emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,110 Member
    igazor wrote: »
    I had NO clue that sim cats will lay around on the newspaper!
    Looks like she's reading it to me. Or maybe was hoping to find the daily crossword puzzle? :)

^That was too cute @Igazor. :blush:

No! I didn't know that either! That's very cool!

@carlystur03 Glad to hear I'm not the only one. ;)
    52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg
  • soocoolsimsoocoolsim Posts: 6,260 Member
    Aw such adorable pics of the kitty 😊
  • Rhiannon58Rhiannon58 Posts: 806 Member
    edited November 2019
    I had NO clue that sim cats will lay around on the newspaper! :open_mouth: I saw this during a pause and thought it was the most adorable thing ever! <3 Did any of the rest of you know?
    Oh and they hide under furniture as well if you didn't know this. Look at her meowy face and paw sticking out! :lol:<3

I had no idea they did this. The laying on paper thing is very RL. I have a 15 pound cat that will seek out an 8x10" piece of paper on the floor and try to fit on it.

My newest thing I didn't know: Sims can make alien snowmen! Had no idea until my Sim just did it.
    Post edited by Rhiannon58 on
  • July7601GirlJuly7601Girl Posts: 33 Member
    i feel like i could play the sims 3 for decades and still find things i hadn't previously known
  • KelvinKelvin Posts: 6,899 Member
    This one is a bit morbid but did you know that dogs (not sure about other pets) with the "glutton" trait in sims 3 can actually eat their own vomit? :grimace:
    chicken-run-ginger-i-just-decided-i-dont-care-idc-gif-20619284.gif
    ._.
  • IreneSwiftIreneSwift Posts: 6,247 Member
    Kelvin wrote: »
    This one is a bit morbid but did you know that dogs (not sure about other pets) with the "glutton" trait in sims 3 can actually eat their own vomit? :grimace:

Well, they do that in real life, so it's not so surprising they'd put it in the game.

• GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,079 Member
    Kelvin wrote: »

There’s also a Lifetime reward that lets your dog vomit on command XD
  • ingridmfingridmf Posts: 67 Member
    Your bladder fills up when you take the subway :o

It’s possible that I just forgot since I just started playing the game again after a long while :D
  • GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,079 Member
    I just took my dog to the park and clicked on him and saw "Fetch Date." i was wondeirng what that was so I googled it, apparently your dog can go looking for a potential date and bring him/her back to you.

• emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,110 Member
    @GraceyManor I had no idea about that! That's cool! :smiley:
    52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg
  • ZeeGeeZeeGee Posts: 5,355 Member
    I just found out that on reaching a certain level (I think it was 6) a Lifeguard sim can swim properly instead of just paddling around!

Sorry if this has been mentioned previously. I haven’t kept up with the whole thread because I like learning things on my own!

@emorrill The cat laying on the newspaper is adorable! And so real too
  • VailsVails Posts: 50 Member
    Sims with the shy trait will get the "Feeling Shy" moodlet if they're in a taxi, which kind of suprised me! Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought taxi drivers aren't actually sims, just decoration inside the taxis..
    6h978o3aneec.png
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    Vails wrote: »
    Sims with the shy trait will get the "Feeling Shy" moodlet if they're in a taxi, which kind of suprised me! Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought taxi drivers aren't actually sims, just decoration inside the taxis..
    Vehicle drivers are actually a class of homeless sims. Those of us playing with mods (e.g., NRaas MasterController and Tagger) can see that they have lifespans, motives, moodlets, even gender preferences. I've always wanted to try giving some of them Lifetime Wishes to see if that makes them more interesting to talk to, but we've also always been told that we aren't really supposed to be messing with this class of sims at least while they are on duty. If you find one walking down the street or on a community lot acting as an extra during their off-hours, it should be okay to socialize with them though.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Simsalot99Simsalot99 Posts: 100 Member
    When I play as a fairy it is not necessary to become "best friends forever" with 3 major pets, or have any other pets at all in order to adopt a unicorn. I assumed having 3 pets was necessary for all sims, but I had a lot where a unicorn visited frequently, and I was able to adopt them without having any other pets, once the relationship was high enough. (Thank you Desmond the Ornery - Warnicorn.) This was never the case with other sims that were not fairies.

Cranstan Boonitz appears not just for sims in the magician career. I have one appear immediately at the beginning of every game when I play as a fairy. If I recall he also appears for witches. It looks like the gnome appears for all sims that have magical ability, not just magicians.
  • IreneSwiftIreneSwift Posts: 6,247 Member
    @Simsalot99 Cranston Boonitz has also appeared for some of my sims who have no magical ability and aren't magicians. When I mentioned it on the forum some time ago, someone said he's glitched.
  • Simsalot99Simsalot99 Posts: 100 Member
    edited November 2019
    @IreneSwift Maybe. But he could also appear to sims that are magical AND be glitched. I have him consistently, without exception, appear immediately when I start a game with a fairy. Were any of the sims in the Showtime careers? I have had him appear to those sims, as well, regardless of their life state (I believe), but not consistently at the very beginning of the game, as with a fairy.

I mean to say, that there could be specific reasons he comes up, regardless if a glitch, and even if there is a glitch, it should be consistent and there should be circumstances he comes up, glitch or not, or both. Other Showtime gnomes to so up, but more rarely, outside of the career, but even if I have a fairy move to a new town, I get a new Cranston Boonitz immediately.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top