Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Roommate Question

2...Next

Comments

• paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    HotSusielu wrote: »
    After watching a couple of YouTube videos from simmers who were able to play university early.. it appears after moving into a dorm (on top of penthouse) some other sims are added to your household? Is this true for all the dorms.. I only want to be responsible for the sim I send to university.. I thought they would add random sims to populate the dorm and they would go about there business..

They're supposed to be like npc's and autonomously do their own things at the dorm, not supposed to join your household. Are you sure you looked at it close enough? It's either that or looks like another bug.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • CheekybitsCheekybits Posts: 1,030 Member
    After watching a couple of YouTube videos from simmers who were able to play university early.. it appears after moving into a dorm (on top of penthouse) some other sims are added to your household? Is this true for all the dorms.. I only want to be responsible for the sim I send to university.. I thought they would add random sims to populate the dorm and they would go about there business..

They're supposed to be like npc's and autonomously do their own things at the dorm, not supposed to join your household. Are you sure you looked at it close enough? It's either that or looks like another bug.
    Those were active sims, they were added because other active sims were already living there. Non active sims are the ones you can’t control.
    Cheekybits wrote: »

Those were active sims, they were added because other active sims were already living there. Non active sims are the ones you can’t control.

So I presume they were moving into a dorm that was already occupied by premades?
  • HotSusieluHotSusielu Posts: 14 New Member
    [quote="Cheekybits;c-17307550"][quote="paradiseplanet;c-17307541"][quote="HotSusielu;c-17307537"]After watching a couple of YouTube videos from simmers who were able to play university early.. it appears after moving into a dorm (on top of penthouse) some other sims are added to your household? Is this true for all the dorms.. I only want to be responsible for the sim I send to university.. I thought they would add random sims to populate the dorm and they would go about there business..[/quote]

They're supposed to be like npc's and autonomously do their own things at the dorm, not supposed to join your household. Are you sure you looked at it close enough? It's either that or looks like another bug.[/quote]
    [/quote]

I watched YouTubers lilsimsie and deligracy.. deligracy seemed a little confused as to why they were in the household and lilsimsie gave a warning that a sim is added .. but it was not clear as to the reason.. I just wondered why they would be added
  • AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    Cheekybits wrote: »

So I presume they were moving into a dorm that was already occupied by premades?

Yes. This was stated in the live stream that the two girls from the trailers are prepared and if you move into their dorm they become active with our Sims.
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• telemwilltelemwill Posts: 1,752 Member
    The English Simmer did an excellent job of explaining this. She did an overview of the map of Britechester and pointed out which dorms contained premades. She warned that if you moved your Sim into those dorms, the premades would become part of your household. You can, of course, remove them from your household by shift clicking them.
  • ThetfordThetford Posts: 429 Member
    I'm SO stocked for roommates. Have you guys thought of the possibilities they bring? We can finally have buildable apartments. Just place a bed, assign it to your roommates, lock their apartments to everyone but them, lock yours and BANG. Sims 2 apartment life. They will even pay you a rent.

And your sims finally get to play the part of a slumlord, I mean, landlord.
  • JediMuppetJediMuppet Posts: 98 Member
    So if you can have 9 room mates in a residential lot my question is can I move my one Family member out then invite all the family to be roommates? Would be cool to only play one will in a family.
  • Phantasi33Phantasi33 Posts: 181 Member

Those sims were added to the household because the dorm was already being occupied by those sims. Simply remove the sims you don't plan to play by entering the cheat teastingcheats true, shift click the sim you don't want and click remove from family. Those sims will then become normal NPCs and do their own thing. And random sims will be populated in the dorms based on the number of beds available.
  • MoonfoxNightcryMoonfoxNightcry Posts: 296 Member
    I think this roommate system has convinced me to buy this pack. All I want is for my sims to feel like they’re in a small community. I want to see sims come home from work, hang out in their yard, kick people’s cans over, jog around...

I built five “small” houses on the 64 x 64 lot so it looks like a little residential town, and I’m so excited to finally have NPC roommates who can just live their lives in their own little houses.
  • SimmyFroggySimmyFroggy Posts: 1,762 Member
    JediMuppet wrote: »
    So if you can have 9 room mates in a residential lot my question is can I move my one Family member out then invite all the family to be roommates? Would be cool to only play one will in a family.

I believe so, yes. You can ask any Sim to be your roommate directly (also possibly *while* they're living with you, at least the gurus said that in the LS but I wanna test this) so family should be possible too.
  • somewhsomesomewhsome Posts: 910 Member

I believe so, yes. You can ask any Sim to be your roommate directly (also possibly *while* they're living with you, at least the gurus said that in the LS but I wanna test this) so family should be possible too.

Gurus also said sims can reject if they have kids or "other responsibilities". So I think it's more likely that a single sim will accept, married sims may not want to be separated from their spouses or other family members.
    somewhsome wrote: »

Gurus also said sims can reject if they have kids or "other responsibilities". So I think it's more likely that a single sim will accept, married sims may not want to be separated from their spouses or other family members.

Oh yeah, true, sorry, forgot about that. It's only YA and up Sims that can be roomies, I think, probably since they need to contribute to bills. Maybe teens?
    So the whole family won't be an option if kids and younger are part of it :(

(time to have more coffee before answering things)
  • liliaethliliaeth Posts: 1,087 Member

Oh yeah, true, sorry, forgot about that. It's only YA and up Sims that can be roomies, I think, probably since they need to contribute to bills. Maybe teens?

but that means you could have a YA sim and have them ask their parents to come live with them as npcs
    liliaeth wrote: »

but that means you could have a YA sim and have them ask their parents to come live with them as npcs

Yup, that one's definitely possible. There is, however, a chance that they'll decline when they're married because they won't want to leave their spouse.
    Phantasi33 wrote: »

Those sims were added to the household because the dorm was already being occupied by those sims. Simply remove the sims you don't plan to play by entering the cheat teastingcheats true, shift click the sim you don't want and click remove from family. Those sims will then become normal NPCs and do their own thing. And random sims will be populated in the dorms based on the number of beds available.

You can just evict them beforehand in the Manage Worlds menu; click on the occupied dorm you like, and the household will popup with options in the bottom-right corner to evict them; easy-peasy.