March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Will other sims I'm not controlling automatically go to the university?

Has anyone at EA addressed this question? If they have, will other sims I'm not controlling automatically go to the university on their own?

Comments

• SimmyFroggySimmyFroggy Posts: 1,762 Member
    As far as I remember, the Gurus mentioned that the game won't pull in existing unplayed families (so no random Nancy Landgraab being a student in Britechester) but generate new ones when you're in dorms/on campus.

If you want more control over SIms that show up in the unis, you can create households, enroll them in University, then set them to unplayed and they will continue attending university (and graduate eventually if you have aging on).
  • LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    I'll keep that in mind, thank you. Who knows, maybe the MCCC mod will play a part in this.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    LaBlue0314 wrote: »
    Has anyone at EA addressed this question? If they have, will other sims I'm not controlling automatically go to the university on their own?

Yes. I think it was English Simmer that showed one of the Willow Creek Premades was a professor and her sim woohooed with him in the shower to get lower grades.
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,351 Member

Yes. I think it was English Simmer that showed one of the Willow Creek Premades was a professor and her sim woohooed with him in the shower to get lower grades.

I think that was Geoffrey Landgraab and she was woohooing with him to get her sim accepted into Foxbury (since it's the one founded by the Landgraabs) She also thought it was Malcolm, I believe.
  • sillehbeesillehbee Posts: 704 Member
    As far as I remember, the Gurus mentioned that the game won't pull in existing unplayed families (so no random Nancy Landgraab being a student in Britechester) but generate new ones when you're in dorms/on campus.

If you want more control over SIms that show up in the unis, you can create households, enroll them in University, then set them to unplayed and they will continue attending university (and graduate eventually if you have aging on).

I'd like to believe that's true, but Judith Ward was in Deligracy's dorm so I'm not hopeful.
    @sillehbee oh, I remember that. But she wasn't Deli's Sim's roommate, she was a guest at a roommate's party :D So I'm guessing random townies will show up for parties (one of the premades from RoM was also there) whether your Sim or a random roommate throw them.
  • paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    @sillehbee oh, I remember that. But she wasn't Deli's Sim's roommate, she was a guest at a roommate's party :D So I'm guessing random townies will show up for parties (one of the premades from RoM was also there) whether your Sim or a random roommate throw them.

There's no bigger party crasher than Judith Ward it seems. She likes to appear wherever she clearly doesn't belong!
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • somewhsomesomewhsome Posts: 910 Member

That's true! But in today's Deli's video Vlad showed up as a Bot Savants member and, obviously, a student. :# I suppose he had lived uneducated long enough, but still... Not a big fan of ancient vampire students. 😁
    somewhsome wrote: »

That's true! But in today's Deli's video Vlad showed up as a Bot Savants member and, obviously, a student. :# I suppose he had lived uneducated long enough, but still... Not a big fan of ancient vampire students. 😁

So was Alex Moyer, so it'll pull in some of the premades into uni if they're YA Sims. Ah well, makes sense, I guess.

(and well, at least Vlad isn't in high school and doesn't sparkle :lol:)
  • KiaraSims4ModsKiaraSims4Mods Posts: 2,782 Member
    I'll keep that in mind, thank you. Who knows, maybe the MCCC mod will play a part in this.

I hope. I would love to have my other Sims in the world attending college instead of a bunch of randoms with purple hair!

So was Alex Moyer, so it'll pull in some of the premades into uni if they're YA Sims. Ah well, makes sense, I guess.

😂 He doesn't sparkle, he burns! Poor Vlad has a good chance of dying on his way to the class 😁

😂 He doesn't sparkle, he burns! Poor Vlad has a good chance of dying on his way to the class 😁

Maybe that's why the world has English rainy weather? It's all Vlad's doing, really ;)

Maybe that's why the world has English rainy weather? It's all Vlad's doing, really ;)

Oh, sure, I forgot all about weather! Then he'll be fine. :)

Ugh, not this again; I hated that in RoM and modded that out almost immediately. Looks like another mod is needed to block this too... >_>
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member

Ugh, not this again; I hated that in RoM and modded that out almost immediately. Looks like another mod is needed to block this too... >_>

Well, I'm sure the mod won't take that long to get. It didn't for RoM.
  • EdithVEdithV Posts: 859 Member
    I hope it does pull in the sims from the neighbourhood as I hate randomly generated sims, I delete them.
  • Livin in SimLivin in Sim Posts: 1,145 Member
    Hmm, sounds like it could go either way...I guess it might be kind of cute to see Dennis Kim going to Uni, but a bit of a stretch to see him doing keg stands, TPing the statue, etc. The Celebrities, ugh, this will cause too much passing out, etc. I do ask for random quirky events, tho, so I guess I shouldn't be too upset.

Everyone becoming Spellcasters, on the other hand, wasn't what I wanted. That, to me, should be quite unusual.

Oh, good, that answers my question about whether you can mod this out, as I am getting ROM in a Bundle with DU. Is the ROM mod separate or part of MCCC, if you don't mind me asking?
  • liliaethliliaeth Posts: 1,087 Member

and well Vlad 'is' supposed to be a Young Adult
    Hmm, sounds like it could go either way...I guess it might be kind of cute to see Dennis Kim going to Uni, but a bit of a stretch to see him doing keg stands, TPing the statue, etc. The Celebrities, ugh, this will cause too much passing out, etc. I do ask for random quirky events, tho, so I guess I shouldn't be too upset.

Everyone becoming Spellcasters, on the other hand, wasn't what I wanted. That, to me, should be quite unusual.

Oh, good, that answers my question about whether you can mod this out, as I am getting ROM in a Bundle with DU. Is the ROM mod separate or part of MCCC, if you don't mind me asking?

It's a separate mod created by a modder named Zero :) Her works can be found on Patreon but don't worry, it's all free.
  • Hearts4uHearts4u Posts: 1,775 Member
    edited November 2019

@darrenfroggy .. I have been looking for this answer because I plan to enroll so many households in University and dorms so I see my friends there and their girlfriends. I hope this works because I really want to see all of my Sims I've spent time creating at University. I can't stand random townies. Does "set them to unplayed" mean I'm not playing them? Can they still be marked as a favorite?
    Origin ID: littlebonnieblue
  • Livin in SimLivin in Sim Posts: 1,145 Member

It's a separate mod created by a modder named Zero :) Her works can be found on Patreon but don't worry, it's all free.

Thanks, yeah, I happened to see that mod mentioned in another thread, so I got it in preparation.
    Hearts4u wrote: »

@darrenfroggy .. I have been looking for this answer because I plan to enroll so many households in University and dorms so I see my friends there and their girlfriends. I hope this works because I really want to see all of my Sims I've spent time creating at University. I can't stand random townies. Does "set them to unplayed" mean I'm not playing them? Can they still be marked as a favorite?

Marking them favorite moves them from the Other Households to My Households, so they're no longer considered unplayed, I think. I'm not quite sure how the uni progression will work then (if they're active households, their progress through university might not be automatic, you might need to check in on them and enroll them into classes at the end of each term.

We'll have to wait until the pack is out, I guess, to get all the details and options for the way it's set up.
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    Will the non-played sims graduate and move on?

For example, I probably won't play the DU premades. So will Best of Friends graduate and move on or will they stay at university till they die?
    @calaprfy as long as they stay in the Other Households bin and you don't play them, then yes, they should (according to what the gurus said) eventually graduate and move on.
  • ddd994ddd994 Posts: 418 Member
    @calaprfy as long as they stay in the Other Households bin and you don't play them, then yes, they should (according to what the gurus said) eventually graduate and move on.

So everyone’s household bins will be filled with well educated spellcasters lol?