Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Inventory management between family and personal inventories

TurjanTurjan Posts: 1,717 Member
Some households that had been inactive for quite a while seem to have dumped nearly all personal inventories into the family inventories in my game. I guess it's the game's way of telling me "You have too much stuff!" I could sell most of this via MC, but is there a similar function to move item stacks like ore, produce or gems in bulk to a personal inventory? Doing this on an item per item basis is tedious to the max, and I would want someone to get at least some consignment skill and fulfilled skill challenges from the fruit of their collecting efforts.

Comments

• Options
    KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,923 Member
    I don't know what modules of Master Controller is required to do this, I think I have all of them.

But - the thing I do is
    Go to the roof of the house and click on it.

Choose NRAAS

You will see two menu options for Master Controller. One has the concentric circles after it, and the other doesn't. Choose the one that doesn't have the concentric circles. You will usually get a sub menu with two options. They are 'Transfer To' and 'Transfer From'.

This lets you transfer things between the active sim's inventory and the family inventor. When you've chosen all the items you want to transfer, if there is more than one of any of those items in the source location, you will get a dialog that allows you to enter the number of items to transfer.
  • Options
    TurjanTurjan Posts: 1,717 Member
    @Karritz Thank you. Looks like it works like the selling menu, which is exactly what I was looking for.
  • Options
    thebriamonthebriamon Posts: 377 Member
    Is this from MC reset all? I noticed this when I played my rotational game, as once a week I would reset all before moving to my next family, and everything had gone into the family inventory.
  • Options
    KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,923 Member
    edited November 2019
    thebriamon wrote: »
    Is this from MC reset all? I noticed this when I played my rotational game, as once a week I would reset all before moving to my next family, and everything had gone into the family inventory.

Lots of things cause random items to end up in the family inventory. Occasionally everything goes there. And when you use NRAAS Porter mod the family inventory items end up in Sims inventories - often going into toddlers or pets inventories. You need to use the method mentioned above to transfer items that aren't supposed to be in sim inventories to the household inventory as you can't just drag them out.