Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Oh wow didn't know this...

So I was searching information on Alien Abductions in Sims 3 and I didn't know but apparently there was Alien Abductions in Sims 1!? I never had this happen...apparently it's rare though. I don't even have The Sims 1 installed...don't think I can install it on Windows 10.

Has anyone installed The Sims successfully on Windows 10? I have all the discs.

Also has anyone seen Alien Abductions in The Sims 1?
angrycat.gif

Comments

• igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited October 2019
    I do remember one of my sims being abducted in TS1. It was horrible, but only because I hadn't the slightest idea what was going on and thought my game was broken when I could no longer control him. He came back home eventually, of course, with what seemed to be some very interesting stories to tell others. I think it was a bit less convenient back then to stop playing and go online, my goodness I have to dial up or use a different device (what device, my landline phone?), to find answers to questions about things as they happen in the game, in real time. :)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • GraveDirtGraveDirt Posts: 42 Member
    Yes! It happened to the Sims when they used the telescope to increase their logic points.
  • MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    I have and play the sims 1 on windows 10.

I don’t think I’ve had an abduction but my Mortimer Goth is a zombie after he died in a fire, their infant was removed by the social worker, Cassandra was sent to military school and Bella was fired for refusing to go to work as she was too depressed.

I love The Sims 1!
  • Summerbear5Summerbear5 Posts: 643 Member
    I was attempting to play the other day but I think I need some mods as the needs went down so quickly it was hard to really enjoy the game. lol
    angrycat.gif
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,584 Member
    I remember it happening to one of my families. :)
  • WollybuttWollybutt Posts: 13 New Member
    I don't remember alien abductions, but I do remember being able to kill other Sims during fights if you hated them enough...
  • Summerbear5Summerbear5 Posts: 643 Member
    @Wollybutt really?
    angrycat.gif
  • AnmirlaAnmirla Posts: 3,835 Member
    Wollybutt wrote: »
    I don't remember alien abductions, but I do remember being able to kill other Sims during fights if you hated them enough...

Did you have a mod?
    baby%20bat_zpsgzvzhrnc.gif
  • Felicity1169Felicity1169 Posts: 592 Member

I don't remember that but I think if you're relationship with a sim got low enough they would leave the household and basically disappear from the game.

The alien abduction animations were really easy to miss if you weren't paying attention. I think it reversed your sims personality when they returned but I don't remember.
  • AnmirlaAnmirla Posts: 3,835 Member
    edited January 2020

I don't remember that but I think if you're relationship with a sim got low enough they would leave the household and basically disappear from the game.

Yep. The first time a friend of mine introduced me to the game, she had Bob and Betty's relationship tank and had them fighting. Betty just walked off the edge of the lot into the eternal rabbithole.

baby%20bat_zpsgzvzhrnc.gif
  • DeadManHBKDeadManHBK Posts: 117 Member
    I feel like that happened to one of my Sims, and it was the trippiest thing at the time lol. Even on TS3 it is still trippy when it happens.
    500c175dfecfd4bfdb430b6ae61d85abc33cef98_hq.gif

A n a l Na t h r a c h D o c h e'l D e'n m h a
    A n a l Na t h r a c h T i e r a N a t r a c h...
  • wizardtswwizardtsw Posts: 8 New Member
    I used to get it a lot. You have to spend a LOT of time on the telescope to get it.
  • wizardtswwizardtsw Posts: 8 New Member
    The sucky thing about it tho, is that you get kidnapped for several hours to a couple days at a time, missing work, etc. I got fired once for that.
  • BohoFlowerBohoFlower Posts: 143 Member
    Yeh i vaguely remember that happen once and again in The Sims 2, except in TS2 your sims are just gone for maybe a day or half a day it's random.