Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Generations EP

Comments

• mboglesbymboglesby Posts: 18 Member
    > @Babykittyjade said:
    > Maybe someone should link this thread to the gururs? Because they really believe people want single Instagram lifestyle play. Maybe if they see this they will understand.

how do you do that?
  • Octavie88Octavie88 Posts: 140 Member
    ChadSims2 wrote: »
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    Why is it that they can make multiple parting/adult packs but we only get one (if that) family-related pack when the whole point of the sims is a simulation game... a game about life and all stages of life. It irritates me that some of the guru's really believe that we don't want a family pack or a generations pack when I feel like that's where the game is lacking the most. It actually makes me scared for the future (sims 5).

They think that the majority of players are young, single adults and only want to play themselves.
    They also said the reason was telemetry using the excuse most people play adults ignoring the reasons why. Cant be because babies are a bassinet, toddlers were excluded base game only to come out years later and only truly got content in 1 stuff, 1 game and 1 object/activity in two expansion packs (though adults can still use kiddy pool). Children are constantly excluded from packs completely cant be witches mermaids or vampires and teens are a joke who have only got mask pimples (no game play) and the ability to gain character values and be parented to separate them from the adults.

In all this time adults get endless active careers in Parenting obviously they are doing all the parenting everything is being made for them and now they get University all while children-teens are locked away in a rabbit hole school half the day wonder why people are playing the adults.

I agree. It's a self-fulfilling circle. The other ages weren't given anything to make them interesting so people mainly play the adult life stages seeing as there's little the other ages can do. Maxis sees people playing these two life stages and they assume it's because it's the favorite life stage and not because they made the other life stages painfully lackluster. They take this info and use it to further flesh out the adult life stages, purposefully forgetting the others and consequently lowering any reason to not play as an adult.

In sims 2 I loved playing through all ages and watching my sim grow up because there was stuff for them to do and it helped you connect with them. It made them going to university an accomplishment and helped elongate the gameplay.
  • BobisbaeBobisbae Posts: 246 Member
    Love all the ideas. I really want the interaction to "cook with" or "teach to cook" or "share recipes with" interactions between parents/grandparents and children. I also want the toy oven back and and the rebellious trait. I think this pack would be great to include pranks and general mischief around town. I also want an overhaul to the familial system where sims will recognize their great-grandparents and extended and step family even into their ancestors. I think this pack, assuming it's a expansion, could get away with not having a world dedicated to it similar to Seasons. I think a graveyard is a fantastic new lot type but I'd also like a retirement community lot where retired elders can go to downsize and interact with other elders. Also want an inheritance system and maybe the ability to have garage/yard sales. Lemonade/bake stands for kids (should increase mental skill). New clubs/part-time jobs like marching band, cheerleading, sports, school newspaper, ballet, camp counselor, bookstore clerk, receptionist. I'd love the Daycare career to come back but I would want the option to run it out of my house or at another location. New careers could be real estate (which could be under freelance) and something like a Construction/Development career with the paths being architect or contractor. A patch feature could be the ability to own any lot type in game including another residential lot and this gives you the ability to edit it and collect money from it but you can only operate it if you have GTW. As far as CAS I personally think YA/A should get nothing tailored to them beyond career specific outfits but most of it should be styled for tots, children, teens, and elders. I'm talking A LOT of horizontal stripes, floral print, pearls, stockings, night gowns, head scarves, hats, mustaches, beards suspenders, an assortment of glasses some with tape between the eyes for our clumsy kids/teens, maybe even dental headgear for the truly unforntunate child/teen. I think a generations pack will be marvelous.
  • TheIntrovertSimmerTheIntrovertSimmer Posts: 641 Member
    i think we should all now start spamming 'we want generations' in every comment threads so EA will release it eventually at some point and im not even kidding. we desperately need a proper generation expansion pack for all age groups.
    y'all got bread?
  • simsteph21simsteph21 Posts: 13 New Member
    @SimGuruFrost @SimGuruLyndsay @SimGuruMorgan PLEASE GIVE US MORE FAMILY GAMEPLAY
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    i think we should all now start spamming 'we want generations' in every comment threads so EA will release it eventually at some point and im not even kidding. we desperately need a proper generation expansion pack for all age groups.

Please don't. It is incredibly frustrating wading through the University/Farming/Cars comments.
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 it seems the spammers get what they want
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
    Bobisbae wrote: »
    Love all the ideas. I really want the interaction to "cook with" or "teach to cook" or "share recipes with" interactions between parents/grandparents and children. I also want the toy oven back and and the rebellious trait. I think this pack would be great to include pranks and general mischief around town. I also want an overhaul to the familial system where sims will recognize their great-grandparents and extended and step family even into their ancestors. I think this pack, assuming it's a expansion, could get away with not having a world dedicated to it similar to Seasons. I think a graveyard is a fantastic new lot type but I'd also like a retirement community lot where retired elders can go to downsize and interact with other elders. Also want an inheritance system and maybe the ability to have garage/yard sales. Lemonade/bake stands for kids (should increase mental skill). New clubs/part-time jobs like marching band, cheerleading, sports, school newspaper, ballet, camp counselor, bookstore clerk, receptionist. I'd love the Daycare career to come back but I would want the option to run it out of my house or at another location. New careers could be real estate (which could be under freelance) and something like a Construction/Development career with the paths being architect or contractor. A patch feature could be the ability to own any lot type in game including another residential lot and this gives you the ability to edit it and collect money from it but you can only operate it if you have GTW. As far as CAS I personally think YA/A should get nothing tailored to them beyond career specific outfits but most of it should be styled for tots, children, teens, and elders. I'm talking A LOT of horizontal stripes, floral print, pearls, stockings, night gowns, head scarves, hats, mustaches, beards suspenders, an assortment of glasses some with tape between the eyes for our clumsy kids/teens, maybe even dental headgear for the truly unforntunate child/teen. I think a generations pack will be marvelous.

Wow. I love these ideas!!! Especially cooking together and/ or teaching to cook. That would be so sweet 🤗🤗🤗.
  • July7601GirlJuly7601Girl Posts: 33 Member
    i'd love to see more 'events' similar to how sims 3 generations had teen parties and maybe even funerals?? i must admit i was never one to throw a raging funeral but you never know when the occasion will arise...
  • LMcGELMcGE Posts: 226 Member
    The OP's and contributors' comments on this thread make me really want a Generations EP. I agree, it doesn't need a new world, there are already loads to choose from. Use the time and money that would have gone in to making it to make a truly deep pack with lots of gameplay for all ages. I can see it selling like hotcakes.
  • WallSims4everWallSims4ever Posts: 755 Member
    edited November 2019
    I love all of these ideas! We definitely need something among these lines for the game to feel more substantial.

Generations was absolutely a must have in Sims 3. But I don't really think they will release such pack for Sims 4 after Parenthood. My hope is that at least they'll release a Teen Stuff Pack, an Elder Stuff Pack and update babies for free.

Also, I would like some improvement for adult sims. Something that could give them an actual difference to YA.
  • auroraael14auroraael14 Posts: 988 Member
    But parenthood was about parenting, not generations. A generations pack would focus on all life stages and gameplay that revolves around all of them. It would have objects like bunkbeds, treehouses, skateboards, canes, tea sets, sandboxes, tricycles, bikes (for kids), cribs, changing tables, baby swings, playpen, and other objects that pertain to each life stage. It could have activities like sleepovers, spin the bottle, funerals, baby showers, bridal/bachelor parties. Elders could show off pictures of grandkids and babysit them or take them for the night. Midlife crisis could make a return and you could announce your engagement to family members and friends. This would also be the perfect opportunity to add memories and wants/fears. A pack like this would open up gameplay that would enrich the game and make it better in more ways than one.
    Check out my gallery for house builds! Username: aejp24
  • WallSims4everWallSims4ever Posts: 755 Member
    edited November 2019
    But parenthood was about parenting, not generations. A generations pack would focus on all life stages and gameplay that revolves around all of them. It would have objects like bunkbeds, treehouses, skateboards, canes, tea sets, sandboxes, tricycles, bikes (for kids), cribs, changing tables, baby swings, playpen, and other objects that pertain to each life stage. It could have activities like sleepovers, spin the bottle, funerals, baby showers, bridal/bachelor parties. Elders could show off pictures of grandkids and babysit them or take them for the night. Midlife crisis could make a return and you could announce your engagement to family members and friends. This would also be the perfect opportunity to add memories and wants/fears. A pack like this would open up gameplay that would enrich the game and make it better in more ways than one.

I absolutely agree. I would sell my soul for a generations pack in Sims 4. What I'm saying is I doubt we'll get it
  • ANNETTE1951ANNETTE1951 Posts: 520 Member

Nice, Aurora but.....after so many years....a little too late....
  • auroraael14auroraael14 Posts: 988 Member
    edited November 2019

Even if it's not likely I'm still hoping that they will add a generations type pack. They say they at least hear us.
    Check out my gallery for house builds! Username: aejp24
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,122 Member
    I'm all for Generations. We need the game.
    We need tweens, middle aged, Elementary & High Schools playable.
    We need bunkbeds, bed-in-the-wall, hydabeds & heartshaped beds.
  • BluelleBluelle Posts: 327 Member
    I really really REALLY want free babies. Being able to carry them around and place them anywhere, tons of customization and things to do with them... I also want real cribs - for both toddlers and babies. I love cribs, they're so cute. I dislike the toddler beds but I know the majority loves them, but please just add toddler cribs as an option? There is no working mod for toddler cribs.

I also really really want the ability to teach a toddler how to walk instead of it immediately knowing how to when it ages up. I want them to start out by crawling and then you gotta teach them, like in TS2 and 3. It would be so cute!
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    I love all of these ideas! We definitely need something among these lines for the game to feel more substantial.

Generations was absolutely a must have in Sims 3. But I don't really think they will release such pack for Sims 4 after Parenthood. My hope is that at least they'll release a Teen Stuff Pack, an Elder Stuff Pack and update babies for free.

Also, I would like some improvement for adult sims. Something that could give them an actual difference to YA.

Which makes no sense at all Generations really had nothing to do with Parenting that expansion defined the life stages making them all a little more unique giving them content one would experience in each step of life while Parenting is about character values and school projects for some reason.

Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
    Bluelle wrote: »
    I really really REALLY want free babies. Being able to carry them around and place them anywhere, tons of customization and things to do with them... I also want real cribs - for both toddlers and babies. I love cribs, they're so cute. I dislike the toddler beds but I know the majority loves them, but please just add toddler cribs as an option? There is no working mod for toddler cribs.

I also really really want the ability to teach a toddler how to walk instead of it immediately knowing how to when it ages up. I want them to start out by crawling and then you gotta teach them, like in TS2 and 3. It would be so cute!

All of THIS🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏
  • Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
    I would want a generation pack even if it does come in stages I want to free the babies and add a new lifestage.
  • TomasGrizzlyTomasGrizzly Posts: 736 Member
    Which makes no sense at all Generations really had nothing to do with Parenting that expansion defined the life stages making them all a little more unique giving them content one would experience in each step of life while Parenting is about character values and school projects for some reason.

Parenthood pack gave a lot of additional depth to the early stages and direct interaction between parents and their children, which pretty much rules out a Generation pack would be an EP. GP, maybe, if they found enough stuff without cannibalizing on Parenthood.

Personally, I think Parenthood has better impact on everyday gameplay than Generations had. Probably because Generations had a lot of random stuff beyond your control - you either got midlife crisis or you didn't, with no way to affect it (and, I believe, with complete disregard for the sim's traits). Same with the extremely annoying imaginary friend - which you couldn't get rid of without cheats. Prom events did not care at all for what it paired your sim with if you didn't have a partner beforehand and there were many times I rolled back a save because chance paired my sim with a sim of the same gender (a nightmare for family/legacy player). That's not to mention that if your sim got a pathing issue on the way home, they'd get arrested for being out late.
    On that matter, the 'grounding' system was also pitiful - if a grounded sim was about to go to school (as they should), they were stopped and blamed for disobeying being grounded - and prevented from leaving the house. But that caused them to get in trouble for not going to school... /facepalm

Sure, there was a lot of small stuff - canes for elders, strollers for kids, and the patch introduced fully customizable life stage settings - but many things were just beyond your control.

The only thing I miss from Generations in Parenthood is school field trips.
    I like fantasy and a bit of Sci-Fi. Want to know what I'm reading?
    I also like wandering the hills.
  • invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member

Parenthood pack gave a lot of additional depth to the early stages and direct interaction between parents and their children, which pretty much rules out a Generation pack would be an EP. GP, maybe, if they found enough stuff without cannibalizing on Parenthood.

Personally, I think Parenthood has better impact on everyday gameplay than Generations had. Probably because Generations had a lot of random stuff beyond your control - you either got midlife crisis or you didn't, with no way to affect it (and, I believe, with complete disregard for the sim's traits). Same with the extremely annoying imaginary friend - which you couldn't get rid of without cheats. Prom events did not care at all for what it paired your sim with if you didn't have a partner beforehand and there were many times I rolled back a save because chance paired my sim with a sim of the same gender (a nightmare for family/legacy player). That's not to mention that if your sim got a pathing issue on the way home, they'd get arrested for being out late.
    On that matter, the 'grounding' system was also pitiful - if a grounded sim was about to go to school (as they should), they were stopped and blamed for disobeying being grounded - and prevented from leaving the house. But that caused them to get in trouble for not going to school... /facepalm

Sure, there was a lot of small stuff - canes for elders, strollers for kids, and the patch introduced fully customizable life stage settings - but many things were just beyond your control.

The only thing I miss from Generations in Parenthood is school field trips.

I agree that the Parenthood GP did so much for gameplay - IMO, it makes child-parent relationships meaningful and interesting for the first time in the series. However, I also felt that Generations added loads to gameplay for all ages - it was one of my favourite add-on packs. As others have mentioned, one of the reasons people play YAs and adults is that other life stages have so little. Toddlers are my favourite life stage, but they've been so neglected that game play has become repetitive.
    I just want things to match. :'(
  • ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    Maybe it's because Christmas just passed and I'm still in the fuzzy holiday/family mood, but I recently thought of a couple of cool things I hope a Generations pack will add.

I'd love to have a family cookbook that you can actually write recipes for and give to relatives. It would mesh well with Seasons's Grand Meals and the holiday desserts we have. I'd also love a new option to cook meals as a family. If relatives are invited over, they can cook all cook their Grand Meals and other dishes together as a group. Would be great to have for kids and up.

Family photographs. It would be so adorable to take real family photos with the entire family in one shot. It would also be nice if we could choose from a few poses like the gallery group images. And I mean a full family photo, not those 'group photos' from Moscino. If there's 8 sims in the family, then all 8 sims should be in the picture; babies included (hopefully they'll be overhauled before a Generations EP). They could also let pets be included if the person owns C&D and MFPS (yes, I think the rodents should be included as well).
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    I would really like a family pack this year
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • BariSaxyBariSaxy Posts: 4,699 Member
    edited January 2020
    They'd really have to expand from TS3 Generations if it were to be an EP I would want, because TS3's Generations was like a TS4 GP (or even worse). I criticized the heck out of EA for it back then, and I would today, as well. If they properly release it as a GP, that would be fine.
    OO2UdmJ.png
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top