Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Magic College

I was thinking about how I could create a College of Magic in the upcoming(?) Uni pack.

If we get the normal Uni world, our sims will take classes while living in dorms, Greek houses or rentals. If there are enough lots, I could create a University of Magic classroom building where students studying magic would go, sort of like a magic lab. I could have my own sage teach it to students at cauldrons. There could be a library for magical studies and a dueling arena.

On another lot, I could create a magic Greek house for students studying magic that would want to live together. Outside, the buildings would blend into the other Uni buildings and Greek houses, but inside, they would look very different.

Or I might make the classroom building and the Greek house the same building, similar to the magic HQ, but with sleeping chambers for students. I'm still fleshing it out. During the day, they would still attend "muggle" classes, but go back to the magic dorm for magical studies.

Comments

• WorramotWorramot Posts: 52 Member
    I have no idea what the university game pack would be like so it can turn out like any of those ideas or none of those ideas. You seem to know more though. Is this based off of past game packs?
  • LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    I really love this idea, and I so wished I had thought of doing this in TS3. When and if we do get a University type pack, keep us updated on this. I'd love to do something like this in my game as well.
  • CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member
    Worramot wrote: »
    I have no idea what the university game pack would be like so it can turn out like any of those ideas or none of those ideas. You seem to know more though. Is this based off of past game packs?

In TS2 (maybe TS3 too, I'm not sure, I skipped the University pack for that one) you could have all of those ideas (minus the magic elements) if I remember correctly (which also may be a bit muddled as it was so many years ago), but you did have a separate world, and you had student dorms and greek houses you could live in if you had enough friendships high enough with the members to be allowed to join. These mechanics though could most definitely lend to these ideas the OP posted here. What we will actually get with TS4 though, no one knows just yet.
    Origin ID: Peapod79
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    My thoughts and ideas are based on the Uni packs that we got in the past. The key difference with Uni in this version is that the Uni world (hopefully) will be connected to all the other worlds as the others have been so far. In the past, once you "moved" to college, your sim stayed in that world until college was over. Now, they should be able to travel to any other world (including the Realm) that you want to travel to.

The magic aspect comes from the fact that now, in any world, you can build a "Magic School" building (similar to the magic HQ) anywhere you want, in any world you want. I would choose teens that want to practice and learn more magic, move them into the Magic School to live, learn and be taught by a live-in Sage (similar to Miss Peregrine's only for college age sims). They would still take college courses but learn magic in their down time.
  • bzrburns2bzrburns2 Posts: 56 Member
    I have the same aspiration. I want to know if it will be possible to create a small Magic Community College on one of the larger Newcrest lots. I've already created a Magical Library and a building based off the Academy of Unseen Arts from the "Chilling Adventures of Sabrina." I am currently using them as club locations for some of my supernatural Simmies.
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,108 Member
    I'm definitely going to do this. As classes are rabbit holes anyway, it should be pretty easy to set one of the worlds up as we wish, by building or downloading suitable lots.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    I assume that the arbitrary decision to restrict our 'play as you want' they put on dorms means we can't place a cauldron in one?
    CelSims wrote: »
    I assume that the arbitrary decision to restrict our 'play as you want' they put on dorms means we can't place a cauldron in one?

I read a comment yesterday that said you could not. I really hope this is amended in a later patch. I will be looking for a mod that allows both cauldrons and stoves at some point.
  • telemwilltelemwill Posts: 1,752 Member
    Zerbu has a mod out for stoves and grills. I don't know if it affects cauldron as well.
  • paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    telemwill wrote: »
    Zerbu has a mod out for stoves and grills. I don't know if it affects cauldron as well.

Cauldrons are technically labelled as cooking stoves, so...
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • Cupcakes4lifeCupcakes4life Posts: 28 Member
    That would honestly be an amazing addition, especially to tie in realm of magic into discover university! I wish they added it, even into skill classes. Maybe they did? I don't really know, I haven't really looked in depth. I've been too busy getting my sim to be a education major!
  • paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    edited November 2019
    Well although dorms restrict cauldrons as they are cooking stoves and that you can't brew potions in dorms bc they are considered cooking, nothing is stopping you from doing so in the Commons (at least, I think not)! And since higher-rank casters can tutor lower-ranks in magic, and that you can give them teaching jobs, you can act like it really is a magic college!
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
    I downloaded Zerbu's mod to remove the restrictions so this is definitely happening at some stage!