Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

University Housing Builds

I don’t think there’s a thread for this yet, so here’s where you can post your university housing builds!

I created a template for the shell dorms if anyone would like to use it, it’s on my origin!

1vb3pce.jpg
ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

Comments

• JemmaTheSimmerJemmaTheSimmer Posts: 387 Member
    Do we have all of the lot sizes anywhere? Would be nice to know, don't remember if they were shown in the live stream or not.

I'm not sure if I want to pre-build too much, as I want to use lots of the new items. I've built a couple of dorm buildings in Windenburg today instead, as I want less new items as they're in a different architectural style to Britechester. Just left a few spaces in them for the new items so I can add them when the pack drops.
  • AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    MsTiquelle wrote: »
    Do we have all of the lot sizes anywhere? Would be nice to know, don't remember if they were shown in the live stream or not.

I'm not sure if I want to pre-build too much, as I want to use lots of the new items. I've built a couple of dorm buildings in Windenburg today instead, as I want less new items as they're in a different architectural style to Britechester. Just left a few spaces in them for the new items so I can add them when the pack drops.

Yes! I made this:

J5oDFXH.jpg

• mikamika Posts: 1,733 Member
    Thank you for this!
    mika wrote: »
    Thank you for this!

Welcome! Can’t wait to see your builds! 💙

• EdithVEdithV Posts: 859 Member
    I’ll be knocking that library down and putting a house or cooler building. Maybe a bowling alley
    EdithV wrote: »
    I’ll be knocking that library down and putting a house or cooler building. Maybe a bowling alley

I think I might keep the library only because I’m building out Newcrest to be an extension and I’d like there to be a library lot somewhere. But it is a huge lot 😬

I think I might keep the library only because I’m building out Newcrest to be an extension and I’d like there to be a library lot somewhere. But it is a huge lot 😬

To be fair a library makes sense on a uni campus, i just never use them haha.

Me either 😂😂

• CK213CK213 Posts: 20,528 Member

Same for me.
    My custom dorms have study and library areas in them.
    Unless the library offers some special game play features, I probably won't use it.

This building is currently being used in Strangerville as a special operations military barrack.
    11-09-19_8-19-39nbspPM.png

The design came from my TS3 University dorm, Nerd's Paradise. I will be gutting it and making it DU friendly and bring it back to its original intent. It will be replacing the Laural Library. I lucked out on the lot size. It's perfect.
    11-09-19_8-18-49nbspPM.png

Definitely for Foxbury students.
    A robotics lab will be placed down here.
    11-09-19_8-19-19nbspPM.png

I will be designing replacement dorms from scractch for those campus penthouse locations in both Foxbury and Britechester.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • ThetfordThetford Posts: 429 Member

I just find it a bit amusing that it appears to be a municipal library that services both universities. Though by the looks of it, the commons are supposed to be an all in one university building (student union, library, cafeteria and debate chamber/robotics lab), including bookcases and those 80s research consoles, I feel that a dedicated library is a bit redundant.
    CK213 wrote: »

Same for me.
    My custom dorms have study and library areas in them.
    Unless the library offers some special game play features, I probably won't use it.

This building is currently being used in Strangerville as a special operations military barrack.
    11-09-19_8-19-39nbspPM.png

The design came from my TS3 University dorm, Nerd's Paradise. I will be gutting it and making it DU friendly and bring it back to its original intent. It will be replacing the Laural Library. I lucked out on the lot size. It's perfect.
    11-09-19_8-18-49nbspPM.png

Definitely for Foxbury students.
    A robotics lab will be placed down here.
    11-09-19_8-19-19nbspPM.png

I will be designing replacement dorms from scractch for those campus penthouse locations in both Foxbury and Britechester.

I like the sound of that, especially the area dedicated to robot building which is definitely needed, will you be putting it on the gallery?
    Thetford wrote: »

I just find it a bit amusing that it appears to be a municipal library that services both universities. Though by the looks of it, the commons are supposed to be an all in one university building (student union, library, cafeteria and debate chamber/robotics lab), including bookcases and those 80s research consoles, I feel that a dedicated library is a bit redundant.

They always place bars and libraries in every world, i think they could expand a bit and create new lot types in an update. It's getting repetitive.
  • Aeroprincess87Aeroprincess87 Posts: 6,417 Member
    There was a bar in my university's town that was made to sort of look like a library on the inside and outside. So maybe that's what my sims will get. :D
  • prism_popprism_pop Posts: 61 Member
    I play berry sims and rebuilt this one from TS3 a long while back in preparation. It's a 40x30, I guess I could fit it in the lot where the Foxbury Commons are :P

tumblr_pndq3oj8wa1wo9j6fo1_540.png
    tumblr_pndq3oj8wa1wo9j6fo3_540.pngtumblr_pndq3oj8wa1wo9j6fo2_540.png

prism_pop wrote: »
    I play berry sims and rebuilt this one from TS3 a long while back in preparation. It's a 40x30, I guess I could fit it in the lot where the Foxbury Commons are :P

tumblr_pndq3oj8wa1wo9j6fo1_540.png
    tumblr_pndq3oj8wa1wo9j6fo3_540.pngtumblr_pndq3oj8wa1wo9j6fo2_540.png

Nice! Which lot are you going to move the Commons to?

I suck at building, so redoing Newcrest is taking me a bit lol