Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How to remove failing uni moodlet?

My sim keeps getting a failing uni moodlet even though he passed uni. When I ctrl click it and delete it, it comes back, and when i try to find remove moodlet in master controller i cant find the option?

Comments

• igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited November 2019
    The MasterController command to remove a moodlet is under MC > Sim > Intermediate > Moodlets but it requires the MC Cheats add-on module in addition to the base MC mod.

But for moodlets that are the result of sim's environment or a condition that they have (or have not) satisfied, removing them the MC way isn't going to provide more persistent results than the testingcheats click way. If the sim is seen as currently failing (hungry, tired, on an unfinished lot, etc.) then the associated moodlet will again just come back.

You said that your sim passed uni (past tense). Is he no longer enrolled? Did he really finish the term entirely and get a D or better all across the board on his grade report? If this is just not reporting as it should, NRaas DebugEnabler (a different mod) has an Academic Degree command that is different from MC's through which we can set the number of credits obtained per academic major and the Grade Point Average achieved to correct whatever it is the game thinks might have happened.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • CaelemCaelem Posts: 75 Member
    igazor wrote: »
    The MasterController command to remove a moodlet is under MC > Sim > Intermediate > Moodlets but it requires the MC Cheats add-on module in addition to the base MC mod.

But for moodlets that are the result of sim's environment or a condition that they have (or have not) satisfied, removing them the MC way isn't going to provide more persistent results than the testingcheats click way. If the sim is seen as currently failing (hungry, tired, on an unfinished lot, etc.) then the associated moodlet will again just come back.

You said that your sim passed uni (past tense). Is he no longer enrolled? Did he really finish the term entirely and get a D or better all across the board on his grade report? If this is just not reporting as it should, NRaas DebugEnabler (a different mod) has an Academic Degree command that is different from MC's through which we can set the number of credits obtained per academic major and the Grade Point Average achieved to correct whatever it is the game thinks might have happened.
    I don’t have the MC cheats add on module, I’ll try that later.
    But yes my sim did graduate fully with a C, and went to the graduation, and has the degree in his inventory. He was originally a sim from the uni world, that my active sim started dating. When my active sim went home I invited this sim over and we got married and moved in. A few days after the sim that I moved in got the failing uni moodlet, so I looked at the degree and it showed he was on a c with like 38/48 credits (cant remember for sure but 2 terms at uni were enough to fill it) so I took him back to uni and completed the degree. I know he got the degree because he joined the culinary job at level 2, and I was able to pick a trait. It has to be a glitch.
  • TurjanTurjan Posts: 1,713 Member
    I think it's usually better to have sims become part of your household in the world they come from. For university sims, that means you rent a house there, invite them over and ask them to move in, then travel home. At least that's how I do it, as it seems to be less glitchy.
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited November 2019
    Yes, what @Turjan says is a much safer way to bring sims in from foreign worlds, which Uni World is one of. Another way is to use MasterController's Add Sim > Homeworld command (filter to their current Homeworld) when they are not present in the currently being played one to force the full version of the sim in as a proper resident of your own household, that of other sims, or one of their own.

It is never a good idea to marry a sim who has no proper household. That includes those living in dorms and the frat/sorority houses in Uni World or any sim who is visiting from a foreign world as in the latter case that would be a mini-sim representation of the real sim who is still back where they came from. The visiting mini-sims do not carry enough data with them to be full-fledged sims. In this case it would have been okay to ask/get them to move in while in visiting state first and then later get married provided that the NRaas mods that help protect this kind of sim data are in place -- those would be Traveler, Overwatch, ErrorTrap, and RelationshipPanel. But even with the mods in place, marrying a sim who has no proper local household at the time can still lead to data corruption and other issues.

From where you are now, you might consider reverting to a prior save and replaying all of this another way if you have such a save available. Or you might try MC Resetting the sim and hope that Overwatch and ErrorTrap can eventually fix their status properly.
    Post edited by igazor on
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • CaelemCaelem Posts: 75 Member
    igazor wrote: »
    Yes, what @Turjan says is a much safer way to bring sims in from foreign worlds, which Uni World is one of. Another way is to use MasterController's Add Sim > Homeworld command (filter to their current Homeworld) when they are not present in the currently being played one to force the full version of the sim in as a proper resident of your own household, that of other sims, or one of their own.

It is never a good idea to marry a sim who has no proper household. That includes those living in dorms and the frat/sorority houses in Uni World or any sim who is visiting from a foreign world as in the latter case that would be a mini-sim representation of the real sim who is still back where they came from. The visiting mini-sims do not carry enough data with them to be full-fledged sims. In this case it would have okay to ask/get them to move in while in visiting state first and then later get married provided that the NRaas mods that help protect this kind of sim data are in place -- those would be Traveler, Overwatch, ErrorTrap, and RelationshipPanel. But even with the mods in place, marrying a sim who has no proper local household at the time can still lead to data corruption and other issues.

From where you are now, you might consider reverting to a prior save and replaying all of this another way if you have such a save available. Or you might try MC Resetting the sim and hope that Overwatch and ErrorTrap can eventually fix their status properly.
    I’ll try the extension when I get home tomorrow. If that doesn’t work, I guess I’ll just continue playing. The moodlet is a bit annoying but it’s only -20 I can live with it. Was just a silly mistake on my part. Thanks for your help :smile: