Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 4 University Rant

Comments

• Options
    mia_noelle97mia_noelle97 Posts: 575 Member
    Most university dorms that I know of don't have bunk beds, I know I didn't have one when I lived in the dorms. Loft beds would have been nice but I think bunk beds should have come with Parenthood or Kid's Room Stuff.
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,127 Member
    Before Sims 4, my daughter & I played Sims 3. I remember the bunk beds in Sims 3 Generations. Only the Bed-in-the-Wall was in Sims 3 University.
  • Options
    SarahsShadySarahsShady Posts: 963 Member
    Bunk beds are always what they players wants! Why not deliver?! Instead we get reused animations and a secret society that's straight out Get Togethers groups. No going to actual classes either. Im not excited for this pack at all. I just got Planet Zoo and it's amazing, that was my game purchase this month.
    giphy.gif

Please Bring Back Toddlers, Realistic Teenagers and Create a World.
    Make the Sims (4) Great Again<3

• Options
    SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member
    edited November 2019
    Yeah, I'm very disappointed with Uni. too - not just over bunk-beds.
  • Options
    LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    Didnt realize people were willing to pay $40 for bunk beds alone. :#

Honestly had expected bunkbeds moreso in parentjood than University. Seemed out of place would have expected to see the murphy bed at the very least as I want them mostly for my younger sims.

Bunkbeds definitely seem appropriate for children and PRISON. The latter more than anything :D
    5vJrxmT.png
  • Options
    nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    I was hoping for bunk beds as well, but I can live without them.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• Options
    Najah177Najah177 Posts: 3 New Member
    > @LoveMcQueen5683 said:
    > Bunk beds are weird for college. I've never seen it.
    >
    > It would make more sense for another family pack or even better, a free patch.

I don't think it's weird, We have bunk beds in my college. The rooms are small but some rooms hold 3 people cause there's a single bed and then a bunk bed. And then on the other hand there's rooms with two people, who just have 2 single beds. This is the set-up for a lot of colleges in America, and even the ones the I have visited abroad. Bunk beds allow for more space in your dorm room. You can have a single bunk bed with your desk underneath, or space to store stuff. They are way more common than what you think, and definitely more common than what the gurus are putting on.

They have had multiple opportunities, especially in the family pack and the now upcoming university pack. At this point it needs to be provided for free, because if they ask us to pay for it when there was opportunity to have it included elsewhere, I am going to side eye and judge them a little more than I already do.
  • Options
    IcewolfIcewolf Posts: 709 Member
    I don't really understand the obsession with bunk beds. I wouldn't mind bunk beds, but eh, they're not that important.
  • Options
    Najah177Najah177 Posts: 3 New Member
    > @LadyKyn said:
    > Bunkbeds definitely seem appropriate for children and PRISON. The latter more than anything :D

Oop there goes another expansion we could have gotten bunk beds in. Could have given us bunk beds for the prisoners in Get To Work lol. The development of this game cracks me up. But honestly the bunk beds are less than half of the problem. WHY IS THE CAMPUS SO EMPTY?!? It looks like how Strangerville should have looked (a ghost town). Like, is this college or is this a dark alley in New York?? Cause from that stream I couldn't tell the difference
  • Options
    Vines12Vines12 Posts: 100 Member
    I think bunk beds should have came in the kids pack. There likely be more in children’s rooms than universities. I wish bikes can be used by children and older.
    The main thing throwing me off is no stove in the college commons area. I pictured the dorms like TS3 living space & bathroom upstairs while recreational & kitchen downstairs but I get it dorms can’t have stoves, it would’ve been cool to included hot plates though.
  • Options
    RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    The dorm I lived in had separate beds as the starting point, but you could choose to stack one on top of the other to create bunk-style beds.

I feel neutral about including bunk beds in the game.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Options
    LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    Najah177 wrote: »
    > @LadyKyn said:
    > Bunkbeds definitely seem appropriate for children and PRISON. The latter more than anything :D

Oop there goes another expansion we could have gotten bunk beds in. Could have given us bunk beds for the prisoners in Get To Work lol. The development of this game cracks me up. But honestly the bunk beds are less than half of the problem. WHY IS THE CAMPUS SO EMPTY?!? It looks like how Strangerville should have looked (a ghost town). Like, is this college or is this a dark alley in New York?? Cause from that stream I couldn't tell the difference

I actually thought having bunk bedsd in the GTW expansion would have worked in the cells for jail very well with having multiple sims in a room.

From what I saw it's a big area, so I don' tsee why you wouldn't see the same amount of sims in an area as per usual in the game (The max is 20 sims in a area which also includes your sim as well). The usually lingered onto one spot for the most part, so couldn't really tell what else was going on in the world. I always like looking around seeing what sims are up and about doing whatever. Probably why it felt that way (among other things in the steam and stuff not touched upon).
    5vJrxmT.png
  • Options
    RedRidinHoodieRedRidinHoodie Posts: 5 New Member
    I was upset about not having bunk beds when parenthood came out but after reinstalling the sims 3, I remembered why I stopped having an opinion on them. They’re glitchy and I’m not sure the team ever even tried to fix them back then. I stopped using them entirely because if you placed it next to wall, the sims would go to the other side of the wall (aka: completely different room) and climb to the top bunk that way. Even if it was freezing out. While I’m sure the team would be more likely to fix them if they started to glitch like that, they’ve yet to even fix whims or other various glitches that feel like they’ve been in the game forever.

I wouldn’t mind getting them in game though. I think it’d be best to include them in a patch for that way those who really want them don’t have to spend a ton of money to get them.

Also agree with @SarahsShady They seem to have focused on repeated ideas with uni. It seems more about society’s and robots than it does university. Not that robots are a repeated idea, i was just hoping for more school related activities.
  • Options
    Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    edited November 2019
    What they did say is that they looked at dorms in various countries and areas and found that very few of them had bunk beds, which is why they didn't include them.

I'm bummed that we didn't get them in this pack though but honestly I hope it means we'll get them for everyone in a patch in the future.

Always same kind of excuses. They said something similar with doghouses. Those are classic objects, just include it and stop trying to search excuses about the world. I don't think a giant telescop and a cupcake machine are common around families either.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Options
    SarahsShadySarahsShady Posts: 963 Member
    Preach @Jordan061102 ! Players want the basic things. Why, after so long are they ignoring that?
    giphy.gif

Please Bring Back Toddlers, Realistic Teenagers and Create a World.
    Make the Sims (4) Great Again<3

• Options
    BrittaBritta Posts: 23 Member
    I'm not sure if anyone else has suggested this but have you tried getting a bunk beds mod in the meantime? Or are you against using CC altogether?
  • Options
    Pipersfun2Pipersfun2 Posts: 710 Member
    The trailers told me that is not worth the cost. I am most likely going to wait for it to drop to half price or more. I have not purchased any DLC for full price in 3.5 years.

or there is a free Cc university
    while we are playing them,WHO IS PLAYING US?
  • Options
    Pipersfun2Pipersfun2 Posts: 710 Member
    I honestly would rather have Murphy beds I miss those.
    while we are playing them,WHO IS PLAYING US?
  • Options
    fallenangel66fallenangel66 Posts: 294 Member
    MissyHissy wrote: »
    Is it mostly an American thing, having bunk beds at University? I'm English and never seen anything like it myself.
    I never thought bunk beds would be a deal breaker for a Uni pack. I thought the Uni itself would have been...

Not in any I've seen, even when we had a 3 foot gap between the beds, a desk attached to the footboards, and a closet like the ones in Get together. The room was literally a 9x9 square.
  • Options
    cheescaekscheescaeks Posts: 902 Member
    im good with bunkbeds and murphy beds not being included. what i do mind not being included? pool tables. why the hell have we haven't gotten pool tables yet? D:
  • Options
    July7601GirlJuly7601Girl Posts: 33 Member
    maybe it's just me, but i never really used bunkbeds in any of my gameplay for ts3, let alone university.... murphy beds, on the other hand...
  • Options
    FaberriesFaberries Posts: 1,354 Member
    I would rather have Murphy beds back
    Star Wind Flower Sun
  • Options
    NindigoNindigo Posts: 2,764 Member
    Well, I'm gonna give the pack a chance before even thinking about complaining =)

Origin ID: Nindigo79

A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
    Time enjoyed is never time wasted

• Options
    stephanie132392stephanie132392 Posts: 91 Member
    I never had bunk bed in Uni and I'm in Canada, so it's not just an European thing.
  • Options
    LindsaySeddon1LindsaySeddon1 Posts: 284 Member
    I'd be fuming if I turned up to university and was expected to use a bunk bed, and in the UK we don't even share rooms. I would say that the pack which deserved bunk beds was Get to Work (prisons) and the obvious, Kids Room Stuff