Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What sims are you sending to university

Comments

• izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    My sim Holden and his vampire father Deshawn, Holden plans to enroll in tech at foxbury while Deshawn wants to pursue any degrees at britechester, he wants to be a scholar.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,108 Member
    candystorm wrote: »
    Does anyone know if we send teens or YA to university?

Young adults and above. Teens can prepare for university by improving grades and skills and taking tours of the 2 universities.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • VageniusVagenius Posts: 487 Member
    I'm going to go ahead and make a new save for University. I have a few different saves but I have probably 30+ sims I play rotationally and a lot of them are young adults and already kind of have a path set out for them. I'll probably use my most beloved sims to play in University then I'll populate with roommates of all the rest of my sims. Think I'll make some brownstones for the residential lots and do roommates with those. Probably put a couple restaurants in the town and maybe a lounge or club. I'll just play them all rotationally and maybe carve out a new path for them, send them all in different directions than in my main save. Basemental is probably gonna be fun for University.
    I think it would be fun to have an elder and their newly YA grandchild attend the same university and be embarrassed by each other's antics. My other idea is to have a supernatural dorm with a spellcaster, a vampire, an alien and a mermaid. Plus a good old legacy style game.
  • SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    I mentioned my Founders' third child in the last thread. But after seeing the Twitch stream, and considering YAs I have that still don't have a solid career yet, I am considering sending Auntie Cassandra for a degree to support an Education career, as well. Possibly other YAs too. But Chance is definitely still my pilot Sim to try it out. His folks can totally afford it even if it takes him many terms to choose and complete a degree.
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,528 Member

Young adults and above. Teens can prepare for university by improving grades and skills and taking tours of the 2 universities.

I am looking forward to that.
    Mine will take days off from school to tour and hangout on the two campuses.
    That should give an extra level of immersion.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    I'll make a decision based on whatever household I want to play at the time. I've gotten a bit busy recently.

With a big rotation, I'll definitely be sending multiple sims. I've got a bunch of teens and kids in my rotation. Some of the teens are really close to aging up as YAs. This means that it will work out for a bunch of them to be making college decisions pretty soon.

I do have one named Liam Nair who is an athlete that recently moved out on his own. I'm not totally solid on his career, so he may go to university part-time or go into soccer/football. Maybe, if he can afford it because he doesn't have a lot of money.

If not him, then I definitely see Siobhan Fyres pushing her son into university. She doesn't like his girlfriend from one of the "Needs TLC" apartments in San Myshuno. I think there will be a lot of drama among the upper middle class sims who are moving from being teens to YAs in the rotation.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • butterflyxgirlbutterflyxgirl Posts: 427 Member
    I’m playing in a save right now where my sims is pregnant with her first. I have life span on long, so I think the kid will be old enough by the time University comes out, depending on how much I play. If they’re not though, I’ll probably start a new save because I’ll be too excited to wait.
  • scoedscoed Posts: 91 Member

Young adults, adults, and elders can attend university. Babies, toddlers, children and teens cannot attend university.
  • bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,374 Member
    I have twin vampires I'll be sending off to Uni. Neither one of them have any direction in their lives so going to college is just the thing. They are both good vamps and will not be needing any use of the microwave or fridge which will free up space for more useful things, like coffins. This is going to be great, Alexander is athletic and will probably joining a team and, I don't know, Andrea will take probably drama major, she is such a diva anyway, lol.

I can't wait!
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • DijktafoneDijktafone Posts: 775 Member
    My sadistic side would want me to send Mila and Clara as roommates so they can enjoy a full semester of insta noodles.
  • SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member
    I'm either going to create some new Sims or bring back some of my old favourite families.
  • LolaLuvsSimsLolaLuvsSims Posts: 1,827 Member
    I've decided that my middle child will become somewhat of a professional student. He has the Renaissance Sim aspiration and many interest so I can see him returning to university for different degrees.
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited November 2019
    Every YA I have will go to University eventually. All my teens as soon as they are YA will go next - but eventually I'll have a game YA graduates with an education and degrees.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• RedRidinHoodieRedRidinHoodie Posts: 5 New Member
    I already have a sims set to go university once I install it. She spent most of her teen years crushing on the neighbor, having mood swings (I’ve never had a sim have so many), and focusing on her skills. She stopped when she realized she now had a D and brought it up to a B before aging. She’s considering either drama or something to do with art, but I’ll have to wait until I know more about the degrees to decide. She justs want to have fun whilst also making her single, comedian father happy because he sacrificed a lot to give her what she has now.

I also have a sim who’s kind of quirky and dreams of being an engineer. Their mom was supposed to be an evil scientist but instead fell in love with a good sim and became a lot more domestic than she originally planned. I’m thinking about having her follow her kid and get a degree in villainy (villainry?) once they age up just because I think it would spice things up. I kind of abandoned my original plan for the sake of the legacy and now I feel bad about it. That or the kid will go with their, edgy hipster cousin because they’re the same age and could end up being close friends.. or maybe enemies.
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,528 Member
    I've decided that I am just going to start a new save and grab some pre-mades to give the pack a test run.
    I have a lot of building to do and I don't want to spend the first week just building stuff. I want to jump right in to the game play.
    The experience should be very beneficial with whatever I decide to build for this game.

I also have a lot of sims that will eventually be going to Uni. Most of them are just children now.
    I need time to play them to progress them. That would make it even longer before i actually got to try out the new pack's game play.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Sara1010PSara1010P Posts: 889 Member
    I will start off with a brand new save until all my mods are updated, I don't want to wait to play and I don't want to corrupt my main saves. Once everything is updated I have a main save on the 6th generation with two children who I am planning on sending when they reach young adult hood.
  • imhappyimhappy Posts: 1,988 Member
    imhappy wrote: »
    Angela and Lilith Pleasant.

The Sims stole my idea! I guess I’ll end up deleting their Pleasant twins. 😆
  • HannaZojaHannaZoja Posts: 93 Member
    It depends on whether I will be able to engage in rotational playing (That is: the uni Progression of the non-active household stops while you play the other household.)
    Favourite Game: Sims 3 <3
    Favourite Worlds Sims 3: Hidden Springs, Barnacle Bay, Riverview, Isla Paradiso, Sunlit Tides, Monte Vista, Dragon Valley, Al Simhara, Shang Simla, Roaring Heights, Lunar Lakes

Favourite Worlds Sims 4: Britechester, Windenburg, Sulani - possibly Mt. Komorebi
    I am a terrible person. I was supposed to be writing this morning as I'm doing Nanowrimo but instead I made a household of young adults ready for when I get DU. It's a good thing I'm ahead of my word count but it's 11.37 and I still haven't finished the chapter I was supposed to be finishing (or even looked at my document!)
  • MissyHissyMissyHissy Posts: 2,022 Member
    Teens can tour the Universities? (I didn't see the livestream). Wonderful! <3
    I'm sending my Brothers Green boys. I created them in Sims 3 years ago to play with Island Paradise and I recreated them in Sims 4 this year. They've tested Sulani so next they're off to University! a058.gif
    *All my mods can be found on The Daily Plumbob*MiAqoAE.png
  • Hearts4uHearts4u Posts: 1,775 Member
    edited November 2019
    I've decided to do a Save As of my original game to create a new saved game called University so that I can bring over everything from my original game while having all the established relationships, friendships and significant couples moved over. Planning to age up my twins Aaron and Billy Ashton, their girlfriends, their friends and their friends' girlfriends.

Hoping to see them all throughtout campus since I'm only going to be playing with Aaron and Billy Ashton--mainly Aaaron.

Pictures of Aaron and Billy Ashton, their friends and everyone's girlfriends to be enrolled in University.
    Sims-4-dating-teen-couples-1.jpgSims-4-dating-teen-couples-2.jpg
    Post edited by Hearts4u on
    Origin ID: littlebonnieblue
  • mlnov39mlnov39 Posts: 2,294 Member
    edited November 2019
    My current family has two pairs of twins, all girls. One set are teens and the other are children. I want to work on getting their skills up, and getting A's. Then I'll send the teens first, later the other twins can go.
    I always use university to find spouses for my family members.
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,716 Member
    I'm going to try and recreate those sims in the trailer, then I am going to put them all in one household and move them to the same dorm, then I am gonna try to play 8 sims at once.
  • KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,374 Member
    edited November 2019
    Almost all my Sims that are aging up to young adults will eventually go to Uni, but right now I probably will use a family that I created a long time ago and never played with them. There are two teenagers (a boy and a girl) in the family and I will probably age them up and send them to Uni.
    I would also love to play with the premade from the trailer, Julia. Maybe I will move the siblings to the same dorm with her and her best friend (I don't remembe her name).
    My first Uni game play will be just a test game, so I may end up deleting the save afterwards.