Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Aging weirdness (using Nrass)

Rhiannon58Rhiannon58 Posts: 806 Member
I keep track of my Sims' age on a spreadsheet. I am using Nrass to play rotationally and am being very careful to make sure I put the family out of caste rotation when I'm done with them, noting their age. Last time I played this one family, the mom's age was 10 to adult and the dad was 11 to adult. After "checking them out" as @igazor calls it, verifying their ages and playing them one day, the dad is 10 days to adult and the mom is 17 to adult. I think I can force a birthday on both of them with a cake when the dad reaches adult but why did this happen? What are the possible causes?
Post edited by Rhiannon58 on

Comments

• TurjanTurjan Posts: 1,713 Member
    Is mom gardening and eating life fruits?
  • Rhiannon58Rhiannon58 Posts: 806 Member
    Turjan wrote: »

She doesn't have a garden. Is it possible she could have gotten hold of a young again potion without me knowing it? If so, wouldn't she have shown her younger age as soon as I took the family off being on hold?
  • suzsessuzses Posts: 2,433 Member
    There is *something* that messes with the number of days to age up, and I'm thinking it's switching households but not sure if I remember correctly. I tried to search for the answer and came up empty. I would use the birthday cake like you're planning in this situation. Had the game cheated someone out of days till age up, and I didn't want them to age up sooner, I would use MasterController + the Cheats module and set the number of days till age up (sim>intermediate>age: relative). Don't know if you're using that NRaas mod, but it's really handy when the game pulls this type of thing.
    Ackney-upon-Sherne Collab on the forum here
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    Is it possible that somehow the mom got brought into the EA version of CAS in between these age checks? Even with MC in play, if a sim is brought into that the age randomization thing can still happen. The MC Integration module makes this far less likely, but players are sometimes surprised to find themselves in EA's CAS again if they bring a sim into it just as the game started up but before the mods have had a chance to fully load (with the game clock moving forward smoothly).

MC's CAS and its subsets (Stylist, Plan Outfit, etc.) do not allow the age randomization, but EA's version is still there and it still does this.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
    edited November 2019
    I would have seen that though, right @igazor? I mean it would have popped up on the screen. If that's the case, no. When I logged off last weekend, I had just loaded up this family, taken them out of storage, saved and logged out. I noted the ages of everyone before I logged out. Today, I opened up the family, double-checked the ages and they were right. Played them one Sim day and that's when I noticed that mom had gained a bunch of youth.

Note that because I rotationally play, it had been probably 25 Sims days since I had played them. So that's a lot of trouble they can get into even with all the proper settings in NRaas. It's always a surprise and sometimes fun to come back to a family and find out what they have done. This family's dad is a thief and he had some stolen loot in his inventory.
    No, our sims cannot sneak into CAS on their own. Wow, it would be scary if they could. :)

I am sure there is a reasonable storyline related explanation for this but am somewhat at a loss as to what it could be if not life fruits as already suggested. Time-delayed elixirs? But usually, certainly for most of us, sims' ages are stable when a stable version of something such as SP is managing aging.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    And it happened again with my next family. Same scenario. Age was recorded before going into caste suspension. Rotated back to them just now, took them out of caste suspension. It took a while for their age to change from "never aging" to what their ages should be but when it did, the mom should be 7 to adult but instead she is 20 to adult. This family has a garden but none of her plants are above excellent yet and her gardening skill is only 4.

Very strange. Maybe there's some kind of crazy witch running around town making all the mom's young again. Oh how we would love that in RL!
    edited November 2019
    I haven't seen sims drink any potions or elixirs autonomously in my game yet, which means I find that unlikely. The same is true for throwing elixirs at others.

Age will get out of lockstep if a sim travels to the future through the time portal, but the effect is the opposite: The traveler will age normally in OL, while those at home will stay the same age as before.

What I noticed is that taking sims out of an aging-disabled caste seems to take quite a while to come into effect and sometimes needs a sim or lot reset. I mostly notice that for otherwise caste-restricted romantic actions, or when they are not allowed to use a birthday cake.
    edited November 2019
    For the next time, while the sims are still in the protected rotations caste and not yet active, and then again once they do become active but still before the caste change, can you run an MC > (Sim) > Intermediate > Age: Absolute (or Relative) on them to see what the game at those points thinks is their current age? Maybe it would be helpful to narrow down a bit where/when exactly the value is changing on them and whether it's gradual or all at once. (MC Cheats add-on required)

@Turjan - Sorry, I must be missing something here. Sims who are not aging should still be able to use birthday cakes. Aging on/off means that they are/aren't incrementing their ages on their own each night at midnight, not that the player cannot direct them to have a birthday and move into the next stage. Although it does tend to take a while for a change in aging allowed to show up on the sims' info tabs, the in-game effects of making the caste changes should happen maybe not immediately but a lot more quickly than that.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • GoulsquashGoulsquash Posts: 715 Member
    Do they have access to a sauna? The revitalizing mud bath adds a day back onto a sims life bar, and sims can use that one autonomously.
    My Blog - Currently updating Aurora Skies!
    edited November 2019
    Well, it's normal in my game. When I have aging disabled in a caste, the "blow out candles" action is greyed out. Player-directed romantic options are also not possible if romance is disabled (all actions are missing from the menu except "take romantic photograph" and an additional one), except with existing partners. I had a few intended marriage proposals become awkward that way. I think there's a setting somewhere for player-directed romantic actions to overrule the settings somewhere in the menu, but I forgot where.

As I said, I often need a reset for the caste switch to go through properly.
    Post edited by Turjan on
  • ScottDemonScottDemon Posts: 504 Member
    edited November 2019
    Rhiannon58 wrote: »

She doesn't have a garden. Is it possible she could have gotten hold of a young again potion without me knowing it? If so, wouldn't she have shown her younger age as soon as I took the family off being on hold?
    The Young Again Potion like the Fountain Of Youth Elixir is only useable for Adults and Elders.
    I haven't seen sims drink any potions or elixirs autonomously in my game yet, which means I find that unlikely. The same is true for throwing elixirs at others.
    By default sims can use and buy some of the Alchemy Elixirs autonomously as well as throw them at other sims I've seen this happen. But they can't use or buy any of the age related ones autonomously the only the ones they can use, throw and buy autonomously are Vial of Bliss, Invigorating Elixir, Vial of Potent Bliss, Potent Invigorating Elixir and Origin of the Tragic Clown.
    Although you'd have to have the Elixir Consignment Shop in town for them to get ahold of them.

I'm just a little bit crazy LOL
    Okay actually I'm totally and completely nuts LOL :p
  • SuzyCue72SuzyCue72 Posts: 526 Member
    ScottDemon wrote: »
    By default sims can use and buy some of the Alchemy Elixirs autonomously as well as throw them at other sims I've seen this happen. But they can't use or buy any of the age related ones autonomously the only the ones they can use, throw and buy autonomously are Vial of Bliss, Invigorating Elixir, Vial of Potent Bliss, Potent Invigorating Elixir and Origin of the Tragic Clown.
    Although you'd have to have the Elixir Consignment Shop in town for them to get ahold of them.

If you "by default" mean it happens in a vanilla game, without some gameplay changing mod in action, I highly doubt it, at least I've never seen it yet in 8 years of playing, and I definitely wouldn't want it to either. When it comes to making, drinking, buying and/or throwing elixirs or potions I want to be the one deciding if, at who, where and when that's going to happen.
    edited November 2019
    SuzyCue72 wrote: »

If you "by default" mean it happens in a vanilla game, without some gameplay changing mod in action, I highly doubt it, at least I've never seen it yet in 8 years of playing, and I definitely wouldn't want it to either. When it comes to making, drinking, buying and/or throwing elixirs or potions I want to be the one deciding if, at who, where and when that's going to happen.

I've seen happen without mods. And it was the reason I started using mods cause I didn't want it going on, just because you never seen it doesn't mean it doesn't happen. I also looked in the games core files namely in the scripting.

*Edit*
    Right from the games tuning files as you can see it can happen by default
    <Interaction name="Sims3.Gameplay.Objects.Alchemy.AlchemyPotion+ThrowAlchemyPotion+Definition" />
    <Object name="Sims3.Gameplay.Objects.Alchemy.AlchemyPotion" />
    <CodeVersion name="BaseGame" considerCodeVersion="False" />
    <Current_Tuning>
    <Disallow DisallowAutonomous="False" DisallowUserDirected="False" DisallowPlayerSim="False" />
    <BaseAvailability>
    <AgeSpeciesAvail AgeSpeciesValue="C,T,Y,A,E" />
  • SuzyCue72SuzyCue72 Posts: 526 Member
    I've seen happen without mods. And it was the reason I started using mods cause I didn't want it going on, just because you never seen it doesn't mean it doesn't happen. I also looked in the games core files namely in the scripting.

*Edit*
    <Interaction name="Sims3.Gameplay.Objects.Alchemy.AlchemyPotion+ThrowAlchemyPotion+Definition" />
    <Current_Tuning>
    <Disallow DisallowAutonomous="False" DisallowUserDirected="False" DisallowPlayerSim="False" />
    <BaseAvailability>

I've done some Google searching, and so far I haven't been able to find anyone else who's had it happen autonomously, only people saying that they've never seen it in their games, like in this thread for example. So I guess the conclusion must be that if it's possible it seems to be very rare.
    edited November 2019
    SuzyCue72 wrote: »

*Edit*
    <Current_Tuning>
    <BaseAvailability>

I've done some Google searching, and so far I haven't been able to find anyone else who's had it happen autonomously, only people saying that they've never seen it in their games, like in this thread for example. So I guess the conclusion must be that if it's possible it seems to be very rare.

Yes it is rare as it lacks the Advertised Outputs to make it more common but still in the realm of possiblity as long as the game engine isn't being stressed. Now if your game is under some stress autonomy is the first thing that goes out the window thus interactions without high advertised outputs are unlikely to be seen.