March 15th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

November Patch Speculation 2019 (Maxis Monthly Announced)*Patch Out Now *

Comments

• ddd994ddd994 Posts: 418 Member
    The thing that stuck out to me for a base game patch, was the loan system from the trailer? But having seen it in the livestream it seems to be exclusively tied to students (ps am I the only one disapointed to see tutuition fees of only 700 simoleons?? What’s the point in a loan that small? Doesn’t seem to set you up for a life time of debt like irl)..

Would be cool if we could get mortgages and loans though? I’ve seen rumours of the repo man returning?
  • jacechujacechu Posts: 87 Member
    ddd994 wrote: »
    The thing that stuck out to me for a base game patch, was the loan system from the trailer? But having seen it in the livestream it seems to be exclusively tied to students (ps am I the only one disapointed to see tutuition fees of only 700 simoleons?? What’s the point in a loan that small? Doesn’t seem to set you up for a life time of debt like irl)..

Would be cool if we could get mortgages and loans though? I’ve seen rumours of the repo man returning?

The livestream confirmed it, yes. I'm wondering if it will be a feature that's only for University OR if it's a part of the patch and everyone will get it. The stretchable columns, repoman, and lockable computers are what I am expecting in the patch. That and bug fixes. Although the gurus in the livestream DID say that there was a new feature coming with the patch as well. But the stretchable columns, repoman, and lockable computers along with a lot of bug fixes sounds like a full patch to me
    Sims YouTube
    Twitter
    Gallery ID: jacechu06
  • SimmyFroggySimmyFroggy Posts: 1,762 Member
    After the livestream, what I'm hoping for in the patch :

stretchable columns
    household management update that includes funds transfer when a Sim is moving out
    Repo Man to follow unpaid bills after utilities have been shut off already
    update for more objects being draggable in rooms in live mode
    shower woohoo option
    hip hop station moved to base game (I think they mentioned that in the stream)
  • x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member
    jacechu wrote: »
    ddd994 wrote: »

The livestream confirmed it, yes. I'm wondering if it will be a feature that's only for University OR if it's a part of the patch and everyone will get it. The stretchable columns, repoman, and lockable computers are what I am expecting in the patch. That and bug fixes. Although the gurus in the livestream DID say that there was a new feature coming with the patch as well. But the stretchable columns, repoman, and lockable computers along with a lot of bug fixes sounds like a full patch to me

What if, the new feature is the personality overhaul/attraction system? That would be awesome & a great way to end this year...
    OID:- x4m1r4
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,360 Member
    edited November 2019

Sadly cars aren't coming in this update but it may be that oceans and lakes in other worlds will be made swimmable
  • rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    edited November 2019

Sadly cars aren't coming in this update but it may be that oceans and lakes in other worlds will be made swimmable

It's also no baby update btw.

So uuh that's that..
    I wonder if this could be coming in the update. Looks like the sim is relaxing on the bed.
  • DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,867 Member
    I wonder what they mean by « accessibility feature » ?

Also I think the building update is about stretchable columns.

rudy8292 wrote: »

So uuh that's that..

• rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    I wonder if this could be coming in the update. Looks like the sim is relaxing on the bed.

Maybe, but is that significant enough to hype a Maxis Monthly over? I don't think so.

But with The Sims 4 team you never know.

So uuh that's that..

Atleast he didn't say no to lakes and oceans being swimmable in other worlds.
  • SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    If they can relax hope sims can makeout in bed like in TS3.
    Also I’m pretty sure the make a laptop locked to a specific sim will come in the patch. Would seem incredibly stupid if it’s locked to DU
  • LMcGELMcGE Posts: 226 Member
    Accessibility could mean anything from ramps instead/ as well as stairs in the game, to features for the player to utitilise, e.g., the game speaking to someone with vision issues.

Maybe, but is that significant enough to hype a Maxis Monthly over? I don't think so.

But with The Sims 4 team you never know.

I would think so since a lot of people have been asking for them to bring it back.
  • GracieO312GracieO312 Posts: 1,291 Member
    Boats, brooms and bikes but still no brum brums or better babies! Saaaddd :'( I can only hope for a teen update now
    LMcGE wrote: »
    Accessibility could mean anything from ramps instead/ as well as stairs in the game, to features for the player to utitilise, e.g., the game speaking to someone with vision issues.

I think it's related to the game interface rather than content. And my first thought was that it's going to be a customizable menu/loading screen.
  • ParaleeParalee Posts: 1,166 Member
    edited November 2019

I doubt someone with vision issues that severe would be playing a simulation game lol
    My speculations on hints for future content:
    -Cars Update
    -Spiral/Diagonal Stairs Update
    -Hotel Pack
    -Romance Pack (possibly combined with Hotel Pack)
    -Bands Pack
    -Royalty Pack
    -Fashion Design Pack
    -Fairies Pack
    -Werewolf Pack
    -France-inspired World

I doubt someone with vision issues that severe would be playing a simulation game lol

You don't need severe vision issues to benefit from something like a voiceover or a similar feature.
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,857 Member
    okay so I might be totally wrong but I feel like added swimming areas to some worlds
    because they mentioned in university stream one of the lakes being ''swimming area''
    so i wonder if they did something similar to other worlds perhaps :no_mouth:
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • HolidayHoliday Posts: 681 Member
    One more thing is probably just the Repo man if they really are adding it back to the game. I would expect it to come in a patch rather than as part of a pack.
  • ModseyModsey Posts: 1,468 Member
    edited November 2019

Hi, I'm a visually impaired simmer! :) Video games usually aren't very accessible to the blind, but that doesn't mean they can't be made more accessible. And lots of people with vision loss enjoy video games, especially if they started playing games before the vision loss like myself.

Last Spring I posted some tweets at the Sim Gurus asking if it was possible to eventually add a magnifier or possibly voice over to Sims 4 so I could play it more easily and so that it might be possible for other people with vision loss to enjoy the game.

I can't read the font on menu items and notifications (and certainly can't read build/buy descriptions) because of vision loss. I tried Windows 10 magnifier on Sims, but it was too glitchy to display, and voice-over doesn't exist in games (yet). Fortunately, a family member gave me a better computer screen, which has helped me play a little easier, but even if I lost more vision I would still find a way to play. I'm too stubborn to give up my childhood hobby.

Edit: I would also like to add that I'm only cautiously optimistic this will be what the accessibility feature is
  • CBookCBook Posts: 87 Member
    Piercing CAS update would be nice !

48942710.jpg

Frost said it’s for Uni only

Ahh that's too bad for people who aren't buying the pack.

what happens when they graduate then the piecings get ripped out? i'm being serious.

No, they mean its only in the uni PACK
    Sims are Lit
  • x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member
    I hope that they updated the personality/attraction system. That would be a great feature to be added prior the Discovery Uni. ;)
    OID:- x4m1r4
  • elelunicyelelunicy Posts: 2,004 Member

They added a new Accessibility section in the options menu so definitely features that are meant for players.
    qidpmcvgek8y.png
    Simmingal wrote: »
    okay so I might be totally wrong but I feel like added swimming areas to some worlds
    because they mentioned in university stream one of the lakes being ''swimming area''
    so i wonder if they did something similar to other worlds perhaps :no_mouth:

There are actually 2 swimmable lakes in Britechester.
  • graventhegraventhe Posts: 1,329 Member
    I wonder if roommates system will come with the update..