Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

November Patch Speculation 2019 (Maxis Monthly Announced)*Patch Out Now *

Comments

• LoveMcQueen5683LoveMcQueen5683 Posts: 3,689 Member
    edited November 2019
    SimGuru Frost just tweeted that there is Maxis Monthly this month.

Girl when?

Is there a usual day for Maxis Monthlys? And do they always contain new content that gets patched in?

I only recently came back to the sims community so I dont really know.
    LR3g0ni.jpg
  • AllinsimstimeAllinsimstime Posts: 106 Member
    > @LoveMcQueen5683 said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > Girl when?
    >
    > Is there a usual day for Maxis Monthlys? And do they always contain new content that gets patched in?
    >
    > I only recently came back to the sims community so I dont really know.

Usually, pre-ep patches contain something new to the base game. Idk when this maxis monthly will be. Probably after the 8th but before the 15th. So, we'll probably find something out this week.
  • SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member

New content in the patch then. (they did say they'd only do a MM if there's new content to show off) Question is, what kinda content.

Base game bikes?
    Doubt, they still haven’t said it can be ridden off campus and even if they could, it would be a selling point of DU. They didn’t patch in a kiddie pool from seasons because they said simmers bought seasons to have it.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,393 Member

Girl when?

Is there a usual day for Maxis Monthlys? And do they always contain new content that gets patched in?

Most likely Next Monday with the Patch Tuesday. I'm expecting toilet stalls and shower woohoo are coming in the patch.
  • elelunicyelelunicy Posts: 2,004 Member

Girl when?

Most likely Next Monday with the Patch Tuesday. I'm expecting toilet stalls and shower woohoo are coming in the patch.

It’s unlikely they’d predominantly showcase a feature in Discover University’s trailer just for it to be patched in for free. I’d say both bikes are shower woohoo are very unlikely to be patched in. Toilet stalls have better chances but I still wouldn’t be surprised if they were exclusive to Discover University.
    qidpmcvgek8y.png
  • EliharbEliharb Posts: 476 Member
    edited November 2019
    ChadSims2 wrote: »
    I'm hoping for a traits and personality overhaul or cars... I'm expected a build tool

my sims might have to much personality already. i don't have any personality mods and 2 of them spent 48 hours slapping each other,

Just to make sure, are you playing The Sims 4?

Otherwise, I'm hoping for them expanding after the stairs update and giving us full split-level rooms, but I don't think they'll be updating build mode this soon after stairs. So if that's out of the way, I too would like some tight space furniture like bunk beds, murphy beds and perhaps even sofa-beds.
    Playing on Intel Core i7-5960X 16 core CPU - 32 GB DDR4 Ram - GTX 980 Ti
  • friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    Eliharb wrote: »
    I'm hoping for a traits and personality overhaul or cars... I'm expected a build tool

my sims might have to much personality already. i don't have any personality mods and 2 of them spent 48 hours slapping each other,

Otherwise, I'm hoping for them expanding after the stairs update and giving us full split-level rooms, but I don't think they'll be updating build mode this soon after stairs. So if that's out of the way, I too would like some tight space furniture like bunk beds, murphy beds and perhaps even sofa-beds.

yes i play sims 4 only. 3 is buggy 2 doesn't seem to work with win 10.

• BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

whats weird is at the time of the slap fight my mods were broke so it was all game generated.
  • SimmyFroggySimmyFroggy Posts: 1,762 Member
    @PlayerSinger2010 I'm pretty sure they confirmed that bikes are Uni-exclusive items & we won't get any patched in. Might be wrong though (and that info might have changed since, because of responses from players ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

@LoveMcQueen5683 Maxis Monthly started as a regular every month stream from the gurus, but they changed it in April or May this year. It only happens when there's something new to show off from an upcoming patch. If the patch is only bug fixes, no MM. If there's new content, we get a MM. & it tends to happen the day before a patch goes out.

The patch is likely to enable shower WooHoo for the rest of the showers and the rest of the worlds (I do believe they said it'd be all worlds, or at least hinted that it's not restricted to Britechester). Bikes won't be in the patch and I doubt the toilet stalls will.
    One of the Gurus said no murphy beds in the pack or patch but they've been super quiet on bunk beds so who knows. Not holding my breath but it would be nice.

Agree with @Eliharb that there's probably not going to be a build mode update. Unless it's related to dorms (being able to split a building into 'apartments'?). Would love to see split leveling be added at some point. The 20th anniversary in January seems like a good time :D
    @PlayerSinger2010 I'm pretty sure they confirmed that bikes are Uni-exclusive items & we won't get any patched in. Might be wrong though (and that info might have changed since, because of responses from players ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

@LoveMcQueen5683 Maxis Monthly started as a regular every month stream from the gurus, but they changed it in April or May this year. It only happens when there's something new to show off from an upcoming patch. If the patch is only bug fixes, no MM. If there's new content, we get a MM. & it tends to happen the day before a patch goes out.

The patch is likely to enable shower WooHoo for the rest of the showers and the rest of the worlds (I do believe they said it'd be all worlds, or at least hinted that it's not restricted to Britechester). Bikes won't be in the patch and I doubt the toilet stalls will.
    One of the Gurus said no murphy beds in the pack or patch but they've been super quiet on bunk beds so who knows. Not holding my breath but it would be nice.

Agree with @Eliharb that there's probably not going to be a build mode update. Unless it's related to dorms (being able to split a building into 'apartments'?). Would love to see split leveling be added at some point. The 20th anniversary in January seems like a good time :D

murphy beds are the ones built into walls right? can't remember.

murphy beds are the ones built into walls right? can't remember.

Yup, they're the ones that you can lift up against a wall (and there was previously a "crushed by bed" death in the Sims previously.
    0.jpg
    edited November 2019
    I'm going to guess one of the updates coming with the patch is the double columns that were shown in the gameplay trailer. I forget what their called but I think those might be coming in the update. It would make sense to add those to the base game.
    @catloverplayer I thought that was just the large size of the columns. Hope they give us in the future 2 story windows, like the one in TS2.
    @catloverplayer I thought that was just the large size of the columns. Hope they give us in the future 2 story windows, like the one in TS2.

Those are new.
    edited November 2019
    @catloverplayer Agree, columns update is definitely going to be in the patch. Also, as many pointed out on twitter: well, that explains the irritating column bug from around RoM :joy:
    From the response it looks like we'll get an option to stretch an existing column over multiple stories in build mode.
  • LoveMcQueen5683LoveMcQueen5683 Posts: 3,689 Member
    @catloverplayer Agree, columns update is definitely going to be in the patch. Also, as many pointed out on twitter: well, that explains the irritating column bug from around RoM :joy:
    From the response it looks like we'll get an option to stretch an existing column over multiple stories in build mode.

That will definitely make placing columns easier. I've had a lot of issues with columns to the point I dont even wanna use them. Maybe now I will
    LR3g0ni.jpg
  • leo3487leo3487 Posts: 4,062 Member

I no taken this way.... it would be nice

I was thinking other way
    Colums than can auto-stack similar to counter/isles
    It’d be neat if the roomies system comes in the patch to play with it before DU but it’s understandable if it’s tied only to DU.
    On the Livestream they said we were getting a new fun feature to the base game in the update.
  • x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member
    I wish that they will give us new traits on top of personality/attraction system.
    OID:- x4m1r4
  • ParaleeParalee Posts: 1,166 Member
    edited November 2019
    I'm hoping the color wheel thing was actually a hint even though its decor for the artist degree. Maybe they made it prominent in the trailer to point toward a color wheel being patched in lol I also hope for more traits. Maybe since the EP focused on lot traits, Sim traits were left to the patch team.
    My speculations on hints for future content:
    -Cars Update
    -Spiral/Diagonal Stairs Update
    -Hotel Pack
    -Romance Pack (possibly combined with Hotel Pack)
    -Bands Pack
    -Royalty Pack
    -Fashion Design Pack
    -Fairies Pack
    -Werewolf Pack
    -France-inspired World
  • jacechujacechu Posts: 87 Member
    I am hoping for *something* in regards to pre-Uni education, such as changing up the way elementary/high school works OR offering new elementary/high school options. But it doesn't appear as though we're getting it, judging from the scholarship options I saw. Although the "there may be prom/children riding bikes later" comments make me feel we may be getting a child/teen focused pack later which may give us updates to education. I'm not gonna be upset if Discover University's patch doesn't include something related to kids/teens' schooling, I just wish we could know so we could prepare.
    Sims YouTube
    Twitter
    Gallery ID: jacechu06
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,108 Member
    I hope they fix the issue where spellcasters can't have the "vampire" eye colours even though the option appears in CAS.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.