Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims Camp Embargo

Comments

• Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    This secret squirrel stuff has become so annoying. And it gets worse with every new pack. Especially when it's an EP. But it does feel as if the teams aren't finished with a few key bits of the EP and update, and are afraid to say anything right now in case some of those bits and pieces don't make it into the finished product. Crunch time at the EA studio, all hands on deck!
  • MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,750 Member
    Paigeisin5 wrote: »
    This secret squirrel stuff has become so annoying. And it gets worse with every new pack. Especially when it's an EP. But it does feel as if the teams aren't finished with a few key bits of the EP and update, and are afraid to say anything right now in case some of those bits and pieces don't make it into the finished product. Crunch time at the EA studio, all hands on deck!

Unless they delay it by at least a week they have to be finished because they're releasing it NEXT FRIDAY
    6adMCGP.gif
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,393 Member
    MadameLee wrote: »

Unless they delay it by at least a week they have to be finished because they're releasing it NEXT FRIDAY

I can't see a delay happening cause the Livestream is still on. If the EP was getting delayed the Livestream would be cancelled or delayed itself.
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,422 Member
    EdithV wrote: »
    Do you guys think the embargo will lift on the weekend or Monday?
    I hope the sims team don’t adopt this advertising strategy in future, I’m desperate for info!

Personally I think that might be the goal of the new approach, getting us so desperate for info that we will focus on the life stream.
    EA would never, ever admit to not having a finished product on release day. OMG and LOL!! The sky would fall before they'd miss a deadline! But, seriously, the week before a new release has to be hectic. I do not envy the teams one little bit right now. Then we have another holiday falling on a Monday before a release on Friday, and wow. Just wow. By next weekend, I am sure everyone at the studio will be ready for two solid days of sleep.
  • CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member
    All this silence does worry me now that they are rushing and it's going to be buggy. I'm sure they're quiet and rushing so it's not buggy, I don't believe the people working on it want it to be a mess but I'm worried it's going to be. I feel like this whole year has been rushed, more so than other years, but that might also be just me and my life at home feeling like everything is happening so fast. The silence does have me questioning things a little more this time though, something is different.
    Origin ID: Peapod79
  • gothprincess4evergothprincess4ever Posts: 2,130 Member
    EA would never, ever admit to not having a finished product on release day. OMG and LOL!! The sky would fall before they'd miss a deadline! But, seriously, the week before a new release has to be hectic. I do not envy the teams one little bit right now. Then we have another holiday falling on a Monday before a release on Friday, and wow. Just wow. By next weekend, I am sure everyone at the studio will be ready for two solid days of sleep.

I absolutely agree on this one! And I'm very sceptical when it comes to the repetitiveness of the gameplay in Discover University... I was so excited for Island Living and I got bored with it after a week. :s
  • fblythefblythe Posts: 1 New Member
    Just said in the stream that game changer content will be coming this weekend
  • mischiefluvermischiefluver Posts: 738 Member
    fblythe wrote: »
    Just said in the stream that game changer content will be coming this weekend

But what is considered the weekend? Friday night? Saturday morning? Even saying this weekend is vague.
  • Marduc_PlaysMarduc_Plays Posts: 416 Member
    Didn't they say on the Stream that Gamechanger Vids were coming this weekend (in case they missed to show some of the features)?
    Parcour - the art of jumping to conclusions.
  • BreeSashaBreeSasha Posts: 638 Member
    Yeah I would hope that they mean tomorrow?
    Didn't they say on the Stream that Gamechanger Vids were coming this weekend (in case they missed to show some of the features)?

Sims Camp Videos. Early Access one will probably come Tuesday. No time for the embargo lift was announced?
  • BreeSashaBreeSasha Posts: 638 Member

Sims Camp Videos. Early Access one will probably come Tuesday. No time for the embargo lift was announced?

No embargo lift time was announced. That's why I'm super confused because we usually know at least a couple days in advanced when the embargo would be lifted. and EA is closed Monday for Veterans' Day.
    I believe Maxis Monthly is scheduled for Tuesday. Right before the end of the stream today someone in the background stated Tuesday. If that is true, then I would think the embargo on gameplay features being shown to us via the Game Changers will be lifted on that day. But we do not know how long the Maxis Monthly will be, which would give us some clues as to how large the update is, or how many changes/bug fixes are in it.
  • EdithVEdithV Posts: 859 Member
    They said this weekend, so it'll be saturday and sunday
  • scoedscoed Posts: 91 Member
    I believe Maxis Monthly is scheduled for Tuesday. Right before the end of the stream today someone in the background stated Tuesday. If that is true, then I would think the embargo on gameplay features being shown to us via the Game Changers will be lifted on that day. But we do not know how long the Maxis Monthly will be, which would give us some clues as to how large the update is, or how many changes/bug fixes are in it.

The embargo was said to end this weekend. Day and time way not specified. Maxis Monthly is Tuesday. The time was not specified. So the embargo is ending before the Maxis Monthly. But they may not know what the big suprises in Maxis Monthly are. Detail on timing are sparse. And they have been unusually tight on information this time around. Who knows what is really up. We will find out sooner or later. I given up figuring out what is going on.
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    scoed wrote: »

The embargo was said to end this weekend. Day and time way not specified. Maxis Monthly is Tuesday. The time was not specified. So the embargo is ending before the Maxis Monthly. But they may not know what the big suprises in Maxis Monthly are. Detail on timing are sparse. And they have been unusually tight on information this time around. Who knows what is really up. We will find out sooner or later. I given up figuring out what is going on.

Maxis Monthly is likely going to be at 11:00AM PST. That's what they usually do, anyway.
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited November 2019
    Atreya33 wrote: »
    EdithV wrote: »
    Do you guys think the embargo will lift on the weekend or Monday?
    I hope the sims team don’t adopt this advertising strategy in future, I’m desperate for info!

Personally I think that might be the goal of the new approach, getting us so desperate for info that we will focus on the life stream.

Monday is a Holiday here - so.... I'd guess Tuesday.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• scoedscoed Posts: 91 Member
    scoed wrote: »

Maxis Monthly is likely going to be at 11:00AM PST. That's what they usually do, anyway.

They haven't done much like they usually do this time around. They even had an embargo on when the embargo ends. How normal is that? But you are right if they have it at their normal time it will be at 11:00 AM PST. But given how screwy they have been I am not assuming anything until confirmed. The time has yet to be confirmed. Maybe there is an embargo on that information too.

• LoveMcQueen5683LoveMcQueen5683 Posts: 3,689 Member
    Someone on here on another thread said that maxis monthly was just going to be discover university content again and they said it was confirmed on the stream today.

I dont remember them saying that so they're probably wrong but if they are right, I don't see us getting a big update at all. They already showed us the columns...and confirmed the repoman, which I dont think that even needs to be streamed tbh.
    LR3g0ni.jpg
  • x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member
    :D It's very difficult to say when anything will happen, with any degree of certainty, given the way details are not fully explained. And do we really need a Maxis Monthly stream if we aren't getting an update? Isn't that the point of having MM streams? MM streams are usually set up to showcase the free content set to be released during the month.
    xamira99 wrote: »

I'm confused as to whether this is just Sims Camp info or Early Access for all Game Changers.
  • x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member

I'm confused as to whether this is just Sims Camp info or Early Access for all Game Changers.

I believe it's the Sims Camp, because it will be a waste if they can't share with us what they've recorded. And why do they need to go if all the GCs already have the copy of the pack.
    OID:- x4m1r4

I believe it's the Sims Camp, because it will be a waste if they can't share with us what they've recorded. And why do they need to go if all the GCs already have the copy of the pack.

Sounds about right. Xxurbansims said she got several hrs of footage.What I'm excited for is early access to all GCs so we can see let's plays.