Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What did you do with Premades in Strangerville?

Cahill and the Roswells seem like really unique characters. Any thoughts on what to do with them?

Comments

• EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,341 Member
    Cahill in my latest Strangerville opened his hazard shelter up to seven other sims. They were townies and tourists that were not involved in solving the mystery at all. Having eight sims in extremely cramped conditions is fun (not for the sims, probably). I admit I expanded the shelter a little by turning the gap between floor and kitchen into another room, but other than that worked with the space I had.
    Also playing the point of view of civillians/non-investigators who do not have a clue what hit them and how long the crisis will last was satisfying.

I didn't seriously play the Holland and Roswell households, but fell in love with the Sigworth couple. At first they appeared bland and boring, but then Dylan gained a Fame star from selling his homemade cakes and Jess acquired a good reputation as well as several promotions despite her condition... that was satisfying, too. Especially since she is an officer, what saved me from playing "plucky intrepid investigators save everyone from corrupt/inept military" again and turned the first part of the story into an official government mission.
  • paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    As with most other things with Strangerville, I left them all alone. However, their houses proved to be stranger than the town itself. They all had to be replaced!
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • ryttu3kryttu3k Posts: 1,148 Member
    Still kickin' around. I did add Erwin as a proper resident, though (shift-click to add him to your current household, then go to Manage Households and move him out on his own).
  • BoergeAarg61BoergeAarg61 Posts: 955 Member
    edited November 2019
    imhappy wrote: »
    Cahill and the Roswells seem like really unique characters. Any thoughts on what to do with them?

So far, I have not played Cahill.

The Roswells are not that unique but pretty ordinary. In my game, they had a baby boy who is a teenager now. I don't recall his name right now.
    I am thinking of pairing him up with Christie Sigworth who is a teenager, too. In fact, I made the son of the Roswells age to a teenager as Christie was flirty without having any teenager to flirt with.

Edit: I play in Danish. The son of the Roswells is called Ulrik.
    08_11_11.png

His parents are elder now. Money cheats were used for adding new objects and plants to the house.
    08_11_10.png

08_11_12.png
    08_11_13.png

Christie Sigworth looks like this now. She still lives with her parents, meaning she doesn't belong to the Roswells yet.
    08_11_14.png

---
    Edit II: It looks like Cahill has left Strangerville.
    2019-122.png

Eclectic Arts has got a fourth inhabitant called Neco Woods as well as more objects and plants.
    08_11_15.png

08_11_17.png
    08_11_16.png

In the third house at the plateau lives Pranav Mahajan and Ayaka Mori.
    08_11_18.png

I have no idea where Pranav came from. Ayaka is a former mailwoman who started showing up everywhere. I presumed she wanted a life. So far, I didn't do anything else with that household.

---
    Edit III: I didn't even stop there. I cheated to end the story of Strangerville. Afterwards, I moved the scientists, conspiration theorists and military persons helping the hereoine into other households in different worlds. One former conspiration theorist lives in Strangerville while other former scientists and soldiers live in Oasis Springs or Willow Creek. I don't even know whether pictures would be helpful.
    In this picture, a former scientist from Strangerville is dining with Dina Caliente.
    2019-123.png
    As I am still playing in Danish, her name is Maria Krogh and her former title is Forsker. In fact, Maria moved into the old Caliente household after Nina moved out and Katrina died from old ages.
    Post edited by BoergeAarg61 on
  • GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member
    Moved them all together in the Roswells' house so I could have the other lots to myself. The crashed plane is now a bar.
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,422 Member
    Like all the other premades, I tend to ignore them. My sims befriended the roswells but that's about it. They generally just stay in their house unless I want to use it for my sims. I might have a sim move into the crashed airplane lot so the inhabitant of that lot will be evicted.
  • Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    Nada. In my custom template save they are all still living on their original lots. My Sims might befriend them, but that's about it. The most interaction I've had with any of them is when my Hero cured Leslie, Jess and Ted. I've also evicted the Eclectic household once because I wanted their lot. I was nice though and moved them into Plateau Place.
  • imhappyimhappy Posts: 1,988 Member
    I decided to move in the Burbs from Season 2. I noticed that Cahill wants to be a public enemeny. So I have him fighting with John Burb and Ted Roswell. I think I'm going to have him sacrafice Ted Roswell to the Mother and frame John Burb. (I haven't yet played through the mystery so I'm not sure how it works) Jennifer Burb is in the military career, and I think I'll have her eventually marry Meredith Roswell. And they can be a power couple who rules Strangeville.
  • ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    edited November 2019
    I played through the mystery then switched around in my rotation. I have not finished playing through StrangerVille after the mystery.

My hero was a Latina woman named Martina Sandoval who moved to StrangerVille after university. I said that she was from "Phoenix, AZ" and moved out to this remote town for the low cost of living and to get away from her estranged father. She's really handy, independent and logical. She worked from home in a remote tech job. She married a really buff military guy who helped her throughout the mystery. She only had kids later, so far, two independent girls, one of whom is almost too like her so they quarrel.

Martina has a best friend who I recently made playable. Sorry, I'm not remembering her name, she's a townie. Her friend is really pretty and grew up in the town. She is really young but wears her hair up in rollers and moved into the trailer where she scraps by in a part-time working class job. I said that the friend is the descendant of women from the old west who followed the stage coaches and trains westward.

Ted Roswell's family has been there since before that time and managed to run other settlers off while his family consolidated power. His wife is really religious (alluding to a specific religion that I won't name). Ted married her when she was really young and she's really submissive with cooking and cleaning but she can't have any kids, rather like the plot for a famous book, but not that intense. The wife obsesses over religion and feels like a failure. I've already decided that she and Ted will not be able to have kids together. There won't be a lucky surprise. Ted is disappointed and has a roving eye. (No, I don't want to be Ted, lol, it's a plot).

Ted was attracted to Martina and they had a brief fling during the height of the crisis at StrangerVille but Martina ended it to pursue things with the guy that she married. Ted is jealous that she and her husband have kids but Martina completely ended it. I haven't decided if Ted will pursue Martina's best friend now that he's been rejected. Martina was new in town and Ted thought she was both exotic and smart whereas he knows the whole history of her friend and thinks she's low class ... but pretty and probably able to have kids. I've contemplated the idea that Ted will have a fling with the friend and she'll have a child that she'll either raise without knowing the father or that his wife will try to steal. We'll see.

The other household in the Roswells' neighborhood is like a hippie commune of wealthy YAs who moved there after college for the low cost of living and who are living in some communal house. I haven't decided where that is going but I think that they and the Roswells really do not like each other. I haven't done anything with the Sigworths at this time. They are just normal military neighbors and colleagues of Martina's husband.

George is just an eccentric loner who lives in a plane. When he's gone, I might convert the lot because I really want to liven the town a little.

I think Ted really wants to be with Martina but it's not going to happen while her husband is alive if ever. Ted is not a great guy but he runs the town. We'll see about the rest.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • happyopihappyopi Posts: 1,355 Member
    The premades of Strangerville are some of the best we've had in a while, and I love them. I had to rebuild every ugly lot (so, all of them), but the world itself and the premades are really good.

I haven't done much with Roger Cahill, besides testing how tiny a survivalist bunker could be and still be 100% functional. I wish online dating was a thing in TS4 because it would fit him so well. Currently looking for love, send suggestions.
    vTsvVYul.png

The Sigworths are happily living in the most "brand new" looking house I could manage. Their daughter got turned into a toddler because I needed more toddler premades and they're both very young anyway. Their life is too sweet though, I'm trying to decide what wrench I can throw in there.
    zLAXPRpl.png
    F39moAcl.png

Meredith Roswell is probably my favorite new premade, finally someone to play the charity organizer branch of the politician career (Ted is in the other branch). I made a random daughter for them in CAS to test Island Living and ended up liking her so much she joined my main save. Their ranch/farmhouse is still very WIP but that doesn't stop me from playing.
    JrmY2Uhl.png
    IgXBZckl.png
    XxDOi1el.png

The Eclectic Arts household is my least favorite so far. I like them, but I've played "young artists flatsharing" many times already, and I don't feel like doing it again. I like their Hitman2-inspired house though, like they inherited it from some old aunt, and didn't bother redecorating. They will most likely be my Uni test sims.
    CrnaUyel.png
    dxBrbx3l.png
  • aleki_Shadimealeki_Shadime Posts: 27 Member
    I pretty much just gave them all makeovers is CAS which is what I do with all Maxis premades and then have just left them to do their thing. I've completed the Strangerville mystery with a sim from out of town but maybe one day I'll jump in and actually play around with the dynamics of the residents of Strangerville.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,122 Member
    I delete most of them except for the 3 roomates. I give them a makeover & get them to be good friends with each other, collect the necessary items for the mission then vaccine the roomates & recruit them.
  • BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    Nothing yet. I really like them all. As soon as I beat mother (that sounds horrible lol) I will replace the occupied homes with steampunk dwellings. But I will continue to keep the strangerville residents there.
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • GordyGordy Posts: 3,019 Member
    I left the mayor and his wife alone, since they add some color to the neighborhood's story. Same with George Cahill. But I jettisoned those lazy EA kids and turned their house into a museum and photo studio. The Sigworths are okay, but I had to ditch them to make room for legacy characters, so they moved in with Delgato family. (Who I have deemed as their distant family members.)
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    I was looking forward to getting to know the premades in Strangerville. I had an old apartment landlord move there and start solving the mystery. She befriended many of the Strangerville premades and they helped her fight the boss. Anyway my world got completely bugged and the strangerville cloud stayed in the neighborhood. I got annoyed and deleted them all. The hilarious thing of it all was that my neighborhood got fixed after deleted them all....sooooo that is what I did with my Strangerville premades...deleted them all :(
  • asimbsimasimbsim Posts: 476 Member
    I deleted them all. I'm not a big fan of the premade's or townies, so I tend to just delete them all from the start and download my own from the gallery - I'm a bit brutal like that :#>:)
  • CherryBerryCloudCherryBerryCloud Posts: 689 Member
    edited September 2020
    Deleted
    Post edited by CherryBerryCloud on
    Though my soul may set in darkness, it will rise in perfect light;
    I have loved the stars too truly to be fearful of the night.

Ha'aheo, e hoʻomau i kō kāua aloha, kau a kau.
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,995 Member
    Pretty much ignore the place after doing the quest in one of my game saves. There is nothing to work with as almost everything is useless painted backdrop, a shame as there is a lot of potential in that town. Have sometimes pulled Leslie Holland out to another town as she is excellent wife material.
  • candy8candy8 Posts: 3,815 Member
    Delete them put my own Sims in should play a Western Theme but we have no horses.