Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

THE one & only Discover University complaining thread!

Comments

• babajaynebabajayne Posts: 1,866 Member
  • CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member

None of the sets from the trailers were in the game. :/
    Origin ID: Peapod79
  • FurSimsOfficialFurSimsOfficial Posts: 2,362 Member
    I really just hoped they had some sort of classroom/recreation center lot where sims can work on certain skills. Like the robot lab or a painting room, library etc incl in one lot. A place where students come and work on their skills, meet other students and work on their education. Is this even possible? Would it work with he lot traits? Or will students just come in and do meaningless homework.. So can they only meet at the local bar or outside activities?

Is there at least an empty lot where I would be able to try to build this on? I did not see an empty lot near the school or am i wrong?
  • TS1299TS1299 Posts: 1,604 Member
    bizuktag wrote: »
    Feels like "Discover University" is actually "Discover Robotics". I appreciate that the robots had energy and care put into them, but they would have been a great addition to a future pack. Instead, they're taking up time and budget in an education pack.

What makes this so different from City Living? Your sims live in penthouse units, and every once in a while there's a "festival" outside - only instead of spicy food or love tea, it's a painting/debate/robot/spirit festival. Anything that actually has to do with the educational component of education is a rabbithole.

I sort of expected the robot lab and the debate room from the first trailer to be actual lots, but those set-ups were completely fake. All extracurricular activities will autonomously take place outside. Of course! Why wouldn't you want a bot festival during a thunderstorm or to go figure painting in the snow? Who needs classrooms when there's an enormous quad that can feel super empty?

I really felt that this is City Living Part 2. The only difference is the look of the world other than that, they felt the same. I never got the "school" vibe from the livesream tbh.
  • AkilAkil Posts: 253 Member
    Well. This is going to be the first pack I actually wait for a sale on. Like IL (still mad about those mermaids and their weird ladder aversion and the lazy approach to tanning on 'inhuman' skintones) this pack looks to be filled with a lot of little annoyances that will add up to not being worth asking price. Like why have we banned stoves? Sure some dorms don't have any means to cook but that doesn't mean they all do. Plus when it comes to gameplay who wants to have a loading screen every time your sim wants to eat something not microwaved :<

Also what's with kids not riding bikes.
  • keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    Camkat wrote: »
    *not all images appear in game* <-- should not be in a "game play" trailer. Trailer yes, once specifically for game play? No. How am I supposed to know now what is in the game and what isn't? (Obviously I can use my head and knowing what I do know about sims etc) but what about new players who might not know?

That made me laugh so hard when I saw it.
    doedear wrote: »
    all i can say is that this is mostly a robot pack

right?? It feels like more of an into the future than college even the layout of foxbury is futuristic.
  • babajaynebabajayne Posts: 1,866 Member
    Akil wrote: »
    Like why have we banned stoves?
    Maybe they want to avoid fires because there are still no firefighters.
    There’s been a kitchenette with a stove in a common room at every dorm I’ve heard of in the US.
    Camkat wrote: »
    I also noticed that several times during the stream, the sims dropped what they had told them told them to do and did other things instead so I see that issue wasn't fixed. She also struggled a bit to get that bike to work for that sim so that's not a promising sign either.

This drives me bananas
    bizuktag wrote: »
    Feels like "Discover University" is actually "Discover Robotics".

I'm starting to think robots were included primarily to flesh out the pack, because without them it has very, very little going for it.

you got that right...lol
  • 12JEREMIA12JEREMIA Posts: 3,143 Member
    Most of my complaint is about college rock radio station in Discover University. College rock should be the part of Discover University, or else The Sims 4 will be ninety nine thousand nine hundred and ninety nine percent flat as heck! *groans loudly* College rock, please come back right now!!! Please!!!!!!
  • Lady_BalloraLady_Ballora Posts: 786 Member
    EA-why are you so lazy that you have to plunk museums,bars,libraries and gyms into each new pack you turn out? I had high hopes for University,thinking it would have cool new lot types such as video game arcades and movie cinemas. But no-we have to deal with yet ANOTHER library and ANOTHER bar! Sims 1 didn't do this..Sims 2 didn't do this...and as far as I know,Sims 3 didn't even do this. They all had new and interesting gameplay and lot types as well as plenty of things for babies,toddlers,kids and elders. Then comes Sims 4-with recycled content and base game venues in every new pack that's turned out. It's time to stop being so lazy,EA-there's NO excuse to recycle things from earlier packs. No more libraries or gyms or bars or lounges or museums in future packs....no more recycling stuff from older packs. Start giving us new content and new lot types/venues. When I find it more fun to fight monsters with no armor and no weapons in Minccraft Hardcore Mode,thn there's something wrong there,EA. I should be enjoying playing Sims 4,but I don't anymore. Maybe if you start redeeming yourselves and give people what they ask for(freeing the babies,fixing bugs,giving us new lot types),then maybe more people will start playing Sims 4 again.

Why do you hide inside these walls?
  • LuvMySimzLuvMySimz Posts: 642 Member
    12JEREMIA wrote: »
    Most of my complaint is about college rock radio station in Discover University. College rock should be the part of Discover University, or else The Sims 4 will be ninety nine thousand nine hundred and ninety nine percent flat as heck! *groans loudly* College rock, please come back right now!!! Please!!!!!!

Instead they added HipHop. Made a few happy at least.
    „ - Criticism may not be agreeable, but it's sometimes necessary - “

LuvMySimz wrote: »

Yeah where is that guy. I forgot the guy who was looking for this station forever.
  • EdithVEdithV Posts: 859 Member
    Why is everything a rabbit hole? Even watching sports? Also what’s the incentive to joining the secret society? Or to even going to uni if the three whole careers are open to everyone
  • 12JEREMIA12JEREMIA Posts: 3,143 Member
    LuvMySimz wrote: »

Yeah! I know I love hip hop, but I wanted college rock in Discover University, The Sims 2 University and The Sims 3 University Life both got college-themed rock radio stations!
  • sillehbeesillehbee Posts: 704 Member
    edited November 2019
    I think they need to stop producing new EP/GP/SPs for awhile and start adding a major amount of content to the EPs they've already released. Free additions if you've already purchased the EP. We've all spent more than enough money on this game anyway ($500 so far, personally), I don't think it's unreasonable to ask for. The only objection would be that they're not making even more money off of us because it won't bring in a boost in sales.

I also want to see turn ons/offs, favorites like color/music/food, more traits, and an attraction system/dating app feature added to the game either as added EP content or a free base game update. And bug fixes.
  • lovejess2lovejess2 Posts: 3,049 Member
    Yeah I like the Sims 4 but this pack bummed me out. I was a big fan of ts3 University so I had high hopes for this game but it's just so bare bones. It's like they did the bare minimum and now we have our pack. First I'm a bit confused as to why we need two universities, maybe they could have created just one but fleshed it out more instead of two very small campuses make one large campus. You know I'll make a list it's easier.

- Sims 4 had brought back my most hated feature which was rabbit holes. Why do this, just give us a classroom or lecture hall it's a university pack.
    - Why is the cafeteria in a separate building from the dorms, it seems now everytime my Sim wants a meal that isn't from a microwave I'd have to wait through a loading screen.
    - Small but annoyed me, no kitchen in student housing even if we tried.
    - The world looked a bit bare bones kinda like glimmerbrook I mean everything is there but nothing visually engaging
    - Limited lots in world, I mean it would have been nice to give my Sims more options with venues when they were living there.

Ok I have more complaints but this could go on for a while and I have stuff to do.
  • TrashmagicTrashmagic Posts: 977 Member
    It just all feels so basic, most of the "features" are taken from various packs and repurposed. A degree feels useless because as mentioned there are already multiple ways to get a head start in careers so adding to that isn't very inspiring at all. Where are the new lot types?

It's odd that kids can't ride bikes, learning how to ride a bike is a rite of passage for young kids. I don't understand that decision.

I also don't like that Britechester is another Willow Creek/Newcrest clone. Feels uninspired.

I just don't see that college life dynamic that we got with previous University packs. I'm disappointed but I already expected much of this.
  • AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    Oh boy...I don't even know where to begin
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • TrashmagicTrashmagic Posts: 977 Member
    Oh boy...I don't even know where to begin
    giphy.gif

Haha :D