Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Let's watch: The Sims 4 Discover University Deep Dive Livestream

Comments

• SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    LuvMySimz wrote: »
    It‘s really annoying to watch you guys playing with these poor tired Sims. Why don‘t you just cheat their needs so the show off is better? *SMH*

I get the feeling none of the gurus really play this game.

Hmm.... I do not get the impression that they do not play the game. But using a few cheats to keep sims in the green would be nice.
  • PersRealmsShadowPersRealmsShadow Posts: 360 Member
    I was all into this stream, until they popped up tattoos. Can someone explain to me whose bright idea it was to put a string of characters on a sims forearm, considering the connotation of such a tattoo? O.o like how did noone say "this might be a bad idea" or "wow we need to make the little arty blob big enough people can see it and NOT mistake this for a string of numbers on someone from WW2's arm!"

I wouldn't jump to that as the connotation personally. Using phrases as a tattoo seems to be pretty standard nowadays.

It's more the placement, and the tiny writing that brought it to mind, easily fixed by making their little blob bigger or moving it somewhat. Might be an age thing too, I've seen a few of them in real life, and it was literally the first thing that came to mind
    EkwtdjR.jpg
  • EA_MaiEA_Mai Posts: 1,800 EA Staff (retired)
    Video available here for anyone who missed it (or wants to watch it again):

• RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    Wow-another library and another bar plunked in.......I guess EA is too lazy to give us brand new lot types/venues. I have no hope for future packs,because they'll mostl ike have bars,libraries and gyms plunked in as well.

What's wrong with a library and bar at university?

Where I live, you have to be 21 to drink, so most students wouldn't actually be allowed in a real-life bar.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
    edited November 2019
    I will ask here, not sure if my question was seen, chat was moving wayyyyyy to fast. Do we have any new collections ?

@EA_Mai
  • alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    They also said there is "more stuff coming with this pack" that will be shown on Tuesday! I am very impressed with this pack!
  • mustenimusteni Posts: 5,405 Member
    That was a nice stream, they took well time to answer the questions. I was still left wondering though how much will that degree boost your career. It's pretty important info because you already get to start at level three from having best grades in highschool.
  • AbraKadabraAbraKadabra Posts: 304 Member
    mcrudd wrote: »
    I will ask here, not sure if my question was seen, chat was moving wayyyyyy to fast. Do we have any new collections ?

@EA_Mai

They didn't mention anything about it, so I wouldn't hold my breath.
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    Well, most of my questions were answered, but not all in ways that really made that answer relevant to my play specifically. Gonna have to see some other let's plays from the GameChangers over the next few weeks/couple of months.

Still, I will be purchasing when the stars align correctly. :smile:
  • JemmaTheSimmerJemmaTheSimmer Posts: 387 Member
    Wow-another library and another bar plunked in.......I guess EA is too lazy to give us brand new lot types/venues. I have no hope for future packs,because they'll mostl ike have bars,libraries and gyms plunked in as well.

Where I live, you have to be 21 to drink, so most students wouldn't actually be allowed in a real-life bar.

That is a really American thing though. Most of the world lets you drink at 18 (some even earlier), so University students drink a fair amount and having bars/clubs/pubs on campus or nearby is really common. I'm glad they're not making the University too American for once! I like they've skipped Greek houses, plus they said the weather is based on England & I was definitely getting British and European vibes from the whole world in general.
  • RebbilinaRebbilina Posts: 377 Member

The US is in the minority on that one, you can drink in most of the world by the time you're 18 och 19. I like that they don't automatically follow the us way of doing things as much anymore.The sims is an international game :smile:
  • paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    Well, that didn't answer everything I was wanting an answer for but it did answer a few of the major ones. It was surprisingly informative but did need a bit of pep in parts. CAS and Servos at least look good :)
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    Keyona121P wrote: »
    Can someone tell me how to make it full screen??

On twitch I click the square on the lower right hand corner.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

No sound?

Unmute on lower left side of screen.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• LuvMySimzLuvMySimz Posts: 642 Member
    LuvMySimz wrote: »
    It‘s really annoying to watch you guys playing with these poor tired Sims. Why don‘t you just cheat their needs so the show off is better? *SMH*

I get the feeling none of the gurus really play this game.

Hmm.... I do not get the impression that they do not play the game. But using a few cheats to keep sims in the green would be nice.

Exactly! Other Gurus did it because they know it‘s hard to show off things with exhausted Sims. I guess she just didn‘t care at all about anything.
    „ - Criticism may not be agreeable, but it's sometimes necessary - “

• somewhsomesomewhsome Posts: 910 Member
    edited November 2019
    MsTiquelle wrote: »

That is a really American thing though. Most of the world lets you drink at 18 (some even earlier), so University students drink a fair amount and having bars/clubs/pubs on campus or nearby is really common. I'm glad they're not making the University too American for once! I like they've skipped Greek houses, plus they said the weather is based on England & I was definitely getting British and European vibes from the whole world in general.

Yeah, and in the Sims world you can order drinks at bar even if you're a teen. So why forbid students to drink? It's not even real alcohol, makes no sense.
    Psyched for this pack! So glad I have it coming. Exactly what I was hoping for.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• Felicity1169Felicity1169 Posts: 592 Member

Every college I've been to in the USA usually has a bar next to campus. There is half the student population and professors that can legally drink. A lot of them also tended to be historic from before the drinking age was 21.
  • OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member

Every college I've been to in the USA usually has a bar next to campus. There is half the student population and professors that can legally drink. A lot of them also tended to be historic from before the drinking age was 21.

Yes. Bars tend to do booming business in college towns.
  • IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    edited November 2019
    So they just said ageing works normal. That means I will turn it off while on university. I hope it will work just fine.

Same.

So...basically...let's say I have a college student, their elderly parents, and their kid sibling.
    EA is saying that I have to choose between putting my Sim through college...or being there when the elders pass on/the child grows up?

Go into settings and choose that no one ages? I mean that is what I do when I do not want sims to age.

Or even just leave aging on for the active household only. Why are people acting like the current aging options don't exist? The college student will be in a seperate household, so the family back home will not age. Turning aging off completely probably works better if you play shorter life spans. I always play on long so I'm not worried.
  • SimQueenie9SimQueenie9 Posts: 2,944 Member
    Can you play two college Sims at once?
  • mustenimusteni Posts: 5,405 Member
    @PlanetSixam I really agree with your list, especially about the best CAS for a while and also the complaint about missing kitchen area. About the careers I would like to add that they're City Living type "semi active" where you can either send your sim to the rabbit hole or do tasks at home.
  • alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,405 Member
    I just watched briefly on my phone and didn't understand everything but ... Are we finally able to split the household money when a Sim moves out??? Or was that only for students?