Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I just don't get it! We already got hip hop in Get Famous

12JEREMIA12JEREMIA Posts: 3,143 Member
Wait WHAT!! Hip hop? B-b-b-b-but! Where's college rock? College rock is a part of University. We already got hip hop in Get Famous. And what about R&B? There's no way in this whole earth that this radio station is mainly a college-themed radio station, it's only a part of nightlife. Oh my god! I just wanna cry, I......... just.............. wannna...................... *sniff* *sniff* cry!!
Did.gif
This is the end of era 2010s

Comments

• kittymeowkittymeow Posts: 7,338 Member
    But I thought you love hip hop? :D
  • KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    I'm sorry :( it is frustrating when they don't bring something you want.
    May I ask why do you want R&B so much? I never listen to music in the game..so I am just curious so it doesn't apply to me.
  • 12JEREMIA12JEREMIA Posts: 3,143 Member
    kittymeow wrote: »
    I know but, I told them we already got hip hop in Get Famous.
    May I ask why do you want R&B so much? I never listen to music in the game..so I am just curious so it doesn't apply to me.
    Yes! Because it's my second favorite music, and college rock needs to be a part of university!
  • KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    12JEREMIA wrote: »
    Yes! Because it's my second favorite music, and college rock needs to be a part of university!

Oh I do remember listening to college rock all the time in the sims 2 <3
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    Hip Hop is also coming in the update to the base game.
    How do you know?
  • alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    They just said that there are NEW songs coming with the University pack that fall under hip hop. Certain songs only come with Get Famous that are hip hop. I actually like this. In past Sims games they made sooo many new stations when certain songs fell under past genres.
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member

I love R&B!!!!! R&B is my life, so I want it too. It's the only music I listen to.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • babajaynebabajayne Posts: 1,866 Member

Oh I do remember listening to college rock all the time in the sims 2 <3
    I still listen to it on youtube 🥰
  • FurSimsOfficialFurSimsOfficial Posts: 2,362 Member
    New hip hop is just a hype for this time era. I totally dislike it. Hip hop was good how it started and then up to 2010. After that, no thanks. That is not hip hop to me.

RnB seems non-famous here. Hope they ever make a romance Pack or something.
  • paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    edited November 2019
    Can't say new hip hop is my thing, but it was expected for a college pack catering to a modern age. I'm just not up with the times on what's the most popular and selling on the charts I guess :/
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • simfriend1968simfriend1968 Posts: 578 Member
    I downloaded and added all the TS2 College Rock songs to my Custom Music folder, mainly to the Singer-Songwriter and Sims Retro station folders. They play just fine in my game. So maybe you could do something similar?
  • poisonedsodapoppoisonedsodapop Posts: 1,179 Member
    They're just making hip hop base game. Get Famous retains the exclusive songs that it came with, new songs are for everyone.
    Hoping some day for some toddlers. But also dreading they'll never come. JK THEY ARE HERE!
    Oh college rock! Please come back!
  • Felicity1169Felicity1169 Posts: 592 Member
    It does seem incredibly odd they didn't add a new station for the expansion pack. Especially a college theme pack. Even if college rock wasn't the station, they could have added indie rap or something similar?
    It does seem incredibly odd they didn't add a new station for the expansion pack. Especially a college theme pack. Even if college rock wasn't the station, they could have added indie rap or something similar?
    College rock has to be a part of this pack, if not, I'm playing a new life simulation game coming up on steam
  • Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    They just saw that you wanted hip hop SO much that they decided to add it twice just for you :)
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
    They just saw that you wanted hip hop SO much that they decided to add it twice just for you :)
    I know that, but I was just wanting a college rock radio station to come
    How do you know?

One of the gurus on the Livestream mentioned it.
  • keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    kittymeow wrote: »

RIGHT?? I am so confused by the OP.
  • TheIntrovertSimmerTheIntrovertSimmer Posts: 641 Member
    hiphop is much more relevant and common to college life these days.

college rock was like on that era of 2009 disney camp rock ages, zach brown band, sketchy emo students, homophobias, justin bieber craze if u know what am saying.

i mean i think it's time we should all evolve and move on.
    y'all got bread?
    hiphop is much more relevant and common to college life these days.

college rock was like on that era of 2009 disney camp rock ages, zach brown band, sketchy emo students, homophobias, justin bieber craze if u know what am saying.

i mean i think it's time we should all evolve and move on.

I think of college rock as REM,U2 etc.
  • annaliese39annaliese39 Posts: 2,797 Member
    edited November 2019
    I share your frustration. Overall I was pleased with what I saw in the livestream, but I was really hoping for some new radio stations. College rock would have been perfect, but I would particularly love R&B and/or Soul to be added. I am hoping for a music pack with bands, new instruments and music genres.
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    I think music nowadays is trash.
    Lu4ERme.gif
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top