Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

University Live Stream Expectations?

FurSimsOfficialFurSimsOfficial Posts: 2,362 Member
Ok I need some time to kill, cause I am REALLY curious what this stream is going to reveal to us.
Will it support our fears or surprise us?

What are your expectations of this stream? What do you think they will show us? What features could they be? It is going to be 2 hours and mainly gameplay, so would you expect a lot of unsaid features or do you think it is just all 'blabla' and repeated features?

Anyway, discuss a long :) I got nothing else to do for 2 hours so I'd be happy to read and speculate here.

Comments

• PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    I'd like a quick overview of CAS/BB. I feel like a lot of gameplay about the EP I want to discover about myself.
  • paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    I'm expecting my main questions about the pack to have negative answers and to get little to no feedback on rushed content, lack of in-depth gameplay, and the sheer amount of bugs and technical issues they have yet to address and fix. I'd like to be proven wrong on every one of these, but that's unrealistic. Details really matter here and every one that dashes my hopes to the ground just adds more fuel to the "I told you so" fire that I've been building up.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,660 Member
    When does it start? I saw both 7PM GMT and 8PM GMT...
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • PlumbeebPlumbeeb Posts: 619 Member
    edited November 2019
    I'd like a quick overview of CAS/BB. I feel like a lot of gameplay about the EP I want to discover about myself.

I'm pretty much the same, I'd rather not spoil too much of the gameplay for myself so I'm mainly here for CAS and B&B mode.

Edit: I'd like to see the world map view as well!
    Sims 4 Wish List:
    • > Option to toggle on/off random townie generation.
    • > Turn vacation worlds into residential worlds.
    • > Option to purchase separate worlds or a world pack.
    • > Sleepwear kit.
    • > Atomic age kit.

About 1hr 40mins :)
  • scoedscoed Posts: 91 Member
    I hope they spend a lot of time with the robot skill. I hope they also cover any and all new deaths. Plus I hope they prove me wrong and prove the expansion actually has some depth. Sadly I expect they will fluff up weak shallow gameplay as this pack seems lacking in gameplay.
  • DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    I hope they will share some useful tips and tricks. And I really hope it will be rotational players friendly.
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    Not really expecting much to begin with...-shrugs-
    edited November 2019

Thanks!

Back on topic; I am most curious in how Uni degrees will affect sims and careers later in life, I think that is so essential that they can't avoid the subject today:)

Thanks!

Back on topic; I am most curious in how Uni degrees will affect sims and careers later in life, I think that is so essential that they can't avoid the subject today:)

Yes, another very important one indeed: What happens after Uni? What can you expect to happen after all that work graduating? (other than paying off your loans for the rest of your life of course)
  • KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member

Thanks!

Yes, another very important one indeed: What happens after Uni? What can you expect to happen after all that work graduating? (other than paying off your loans for the rest of your life of course)

Most likely will get boost in certain careers .
  • somewhsomesomewhsome Posts: 910 Member

Thanks!

Yes!
    I don't care about CAS/BB at all, tbh, and I don't really want any partying gameplay (I'm sure it'll be fun, but it's not that important).
    I want all the essential questions to be answered. How the world works, will Sims be able to attend Uni from home, what ages can study, etc.
    edited November 2019

Thanks!

Most likely will get boost in certain careers .

And like I said in other threads, we can already do that from rewards in both the basegame and from other packs; what would be any different?
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,341 Member
    edited November 2019
    Most of all I want to see how (or if at all) university performance is balanced for rotational play. I'm also interested in the cheats available, in case I feel the need to give a bunch of premade sims the degrees the "should" have retroactively.
  • FurSimsOfficialFurSimsOfficial Posts: 2,362 Member
    I think I am here to see the following:

- The world map
    - How uni degrees effect sims life and career options. It better be upgraded from the previous Sims versions. A degree did next to nothing before.
    - Wonder if online classes/courses are a thing in this EP
    - Also wondering is there is an overhaul to actually get hired for a job that requires skills and a degree maybe? But I have low hopes on this one.

And I would like to see at least 2/3 BIG surprises that we never expected.
  • DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,876 Member
    I want to see cas and build/buy as well as some gameplay and hope to know more about the new careers (rabbit holes or active).
    Most of all I want to see how (or if at all) university performance is balanced for rotational play. I'm also interested in the cheats available, in case I feel the need to give a bunch of premade sims the degrees the "should" have retroactively.

Ah, I never thought of that! Of couse, it would be silly if my wealthy CEOs don't havbe a UNI grad while the next generation botanists have.
  • liliaethliliaeth Posts: 1,087 Member
    I mostly want to know about the dorms, and especially roommates, and whether or not you can have npc roommates. It's the one thing I really wished had been part of City life
  • Rae357Rae357 Posts: 922 Member
    edited November 2019
    At the moment I most want to see
    -how much university will cost
    -how enrollment and scholarships work
    -how semesters and classes work and how many you need for a degree
    -what getting a degree does for you(don't you get three career levels from teen part time jobs?)
    -how dorms and other housing works
    -how many sims we can take to university(I have a group of four I'd like to take together, want them to start in dorms)
    -I'd like to see the Secret Society, but it's not as important
    -We they say toddlers can visit but can't live on campus does that only mean dorms or all housing in the university world?
    -What happens to other household sims not at university, how will aging work?
    -Can we take a pet with us? Please?
    -Robots
    -bunk beds yes or no?

This is unlikely to be in the live stream, but almost all townies in my game are City Living themed, will university students be the same? That would be more than annoying. I very recently got into rotational play and wonder how university will effect that.
  • EdithVEdithV Posts: 859 Member
    I hope they answer/show our question instead of trying to be ‘zany’ and fun