Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do You Like University?

Are you looking forward to University or not?
ZjzmtTb.jpg

Comments

• catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Yes love it.
  • 12JEREMIA12JEREMIA Posts: 3,143 Member
    Ummmm.... I need to think about it
  • annaliese39annaliese39 Posts: 2,797 Member
    I honestly wasn't interested in University at first. I think something about being a student in real life kind of made the idea of simulating the experience seem less fun than it did for me in previous games. I am also from the UK, where university life is different to what I expected it would be like in TS4. However, since the official announcement, I have somehow started to feel quite excited about it! I think it will be great for storytelling and I can't wait for my main sim to go to Britechester to pursue his dreams. I have an open mind since I never asked for this EP and I am just looking forward to finding out more.
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    edited November 2019
    I'm pretty darn excited!! 🤭🤭🤭 I'm looking foward to it and the ideas are stirring in my head as I type this. I'm hoping we get teachers on campus walking around like the sages in ROM. And active classes. That's all I hope for. Either way I'm still excited.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • XxAirixXXxAirixX Posts: 2,567 Member
    University games are not my first choice; but they do add much needed elements that I like. Plus we are getting secret socities back and will work great with this cult mod I just added in the game awhile back.

I just wished there was a magic option for players that had Realm of Magic so we can also create a wizarding school or least have some class options but then again, it would be hard to really make a career out of it.
  • Rae357Rae357 Posts: 922 Member
    I always wanted the pack, the first trailer didn't leave me too excited, but the trailer today and new info did. Still concerned about a few things(please bunk beds), but I know I'll be getting it regardless.
  • WolfNateWolfNate Posts: 2,340 Member
    I might buy it which is surprising to me
    Occultism in Sims is family-friendly and should not be watered down to cater to realism players
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,127 Member
    Yes. Only 9 more days & counting.
  • asimbsimasimbsim Posts: 476 Member
    Yes, yes, yes!! :smiley: University has always been the pack that has made the game for me, and I've been wishing for it since they first announced TS4! I've been a bit cautious about my excitement for university, just because I've been quite disappointed by most of the previous packs, but from what I've seen so far from gameplay trailers, I actually think this could be really good, so I'm letting myself get a bit excited ;) I don't mind rabbit hole classes at all, I actually prefer it, so I'm good with that, and hopefully that means that general university life and gameplay stuff will have had more resources put into them to make it a really good expansion....I'm really, really hoping!
  • thatsnotswegthatsnotsweg Posts: 697 Member
    University has always been one of my favorite expansions in the previous games. I'm pretty excited for it this time around as well.
    gallery ID: thatsnotsweg

vYCrjvm.png
  • MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    As a general theme yes. I really enjoy sims 2 and 3 university.

Not sold on discover university yet. Need more information.
  • DerellaDerella Posts: 765 Member
    Yes. I loved it in the Sims 2 so I'm looking forward to it.
  • IrdiwenIrdiwen Posts: 574 Member
    Absolutely! Uni has always been my favorite expansion, next to Seasons, so I have really missed it!
    Simmer since 2000! Sims 1, Sims, 2, Sims 3, Sims 4. Legacy player at heart.
  • KayeStarKayeStar Posts: 6,715 Member
    Sims? No.

In real life? Also, no.

But I hope there'll be something different in this one that makes me want to add it for more than collector's sake.
    752d5ef1ccf6be4ae3b2e539a6376fe9ea400d9ar1-320-207_00.gif
  • x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member
    Yes. One of the packs that I really want besides the Seasons.
    OID:- x4m1r4
  • Rae357Rae357 Posts: 922 Member
    Not sure yet. Initial trailer wasn't exciting. Second trailer actually got me excited plus the new info released. But once I thought about it more I wasn't that excited. I'm still getting it because it will add something to the game, much like laundry it adds a realistic aspect to the game. I just hope it's well done which we won't know until the livestream at earliest. I hope at least for some good build/buy stuff.
  • LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    It has been something that I have been waiting for a long time for, so much that I have been playing my game with aging completly turned off for the past couple of years with the exception of a couple of different game saves. I am wanting to send the premade sims such as Cassandra Goth to Uni. I haven't preordered it yet but will be this weekend, but oddly enough I'm not that excited for it now that we will be getting it here fairly soon. I think it is because I have been let down in so many features in Sims 4, compared to past game series.
  • GordyGordy Posts: 3,022 Member
    I love playing with my sims in class settings. University life isn't interesting to me, and I don't give a plum about partying. So Discover University is a big meh for me right now, though I'm willing to go into the livestream with an open mind.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,669 Member
    I need to give it some thinking. It looks like a cool world and I like the 3 new careers etc, but the pack seems to focus a lot on partying (which is what happens a lot on campus of course). As I won't be playing that bit, I was hoping for more career and studying wise.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • simfriend1968simfriend1968 Posts: 578 Member
    I need to give it some thinking. It looks like a cool world and I like the 3 new careers etc, but the pack seems to focus a lot on partying (which is what happens a lot on campus of course). As I won't be playing that bit, I was hoping for more career and studying wise.

There was a new party type (Keg Party) and the keg object, but other than that I do not think there was an undue emphasis on partying. The pack seems very reminiscent of TS2 University (my favourite university pack), but with even more flexibility. Sims continue to age while on campus, and sims can live anywhere (in dorms, on campus in a residential lot, on campus in University housing, off campus, in an apartment etc); sims in the same household can attend different schools, and can attend college at any age; sims can also basically attend school part-time if they prefer (taking one to four classes a semester, and juggling a few classes with part-time jobs if need be). I would like to have seen a few more of the activities and organizations in the different schools, but I liked what I did see in the Figure drawing and school spirit activities. The cafeteria station also looked good and I like that it serves different meals on different days and at different times, and that it has opening and closing times.
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,341 Member
    Honestly University was very low on my wishlist and still is. I think I'm going to enjoy it well enough, but longterm get much more out of the secondary features than the actual student gameplay: Bikes, swimable water, ping-pong and robotics. But especially the bikes.
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    Kersiexx wrote: »
    Are you looking forward to University or not?

Yes - can't wait for Friday to get here so I can play it!

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    Yes. I already pre-ordered it! I actually enjoyed lots of what I saw on the livestream. Robotics especially looks like a great time. I love Servos and I am happy that they are back.
  • rjssimrjssim Posts: 1,339 Member
    For me personally and how I play TS4, it offers everything I need and expected out of the expansion. It will be very good for storytelling. I am excited for the pack, I am looking forward to many more pack for TS4!
  • RememberJoyRememberJoy Posts: 1,138 Member
    I didn't like University in the Sims 3 so I wasn't thrilled about a Sims 4 version. But after watching the live stream I've got to say I'm impressed and I might even get it on day one now.

I really appreciate that we can live in any of the worlds while attending University and aren't stuck in one setting. The way you get to choose how heavy of a load your sim will take on and the variety of degrees you can work towards is great too.

I love the different types of robots and can see myself using those in several of my saves.
    The individual inventory chests are something I'm really excited for. My vampire is going to have a room of those to keep all of the stuff he's collected over his long lifetime.
    It's nice we now have an in game way to assign computers to certain sims to keep other sims from using them (that's one mod I can get rid of).
    We now have a second world with swimmable open water, which gives me hope for future and perhaps older worlds.
    Bikes have nice animations and can be used in all the worlds.
    The ping-pong table is something I've wanted back for awhile I'm thankful children can use it too.
    The ability to design your own dorm and place it wherever is fantastic and I love that you can now have npc roommates move in with you on residential lots.
    The CAS assets are practical and look amazing and the piercings will be perfect for a few of my current sims.

So yeah, it looks like they put a lot of thought into this pack and I'm actually excited to buy and play with it next week. Color me impressed.