Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

My big worry with the lack of Simgurus leaking information.

15678911...Next

Comments

• Options
    scoedscoed Posts: 91 Member
    In the end of the rant I conceded it seems most prefer rabbit holes. I don't and never will. It may of been the better call for the majority but doesn't mean I have to like it nor does it mean my feelings of disappointment in the choice aren't a valid point of view.
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,426 Member
    edited November 2019
    troshalom wrote: »
    Also for me college and University (including grad school) was more balanced I had parties, clubs, and study groups, papers, classes etc. But the best part of my college/university experience is not in game, because there is no faith in game unless you consider ROM and the Wiccan faith.

I think RoM is too much fantasy to be considered a pack for wiccan faith. It could be used to play wicca perhaps (just like you can use BB to build a church) but that is not the point of this pack.
    troshalom wrote: »
    I think since the SimGuru mentioned time management and the fact that the Sim in the second trailer mentioned she flunked out of school that you may get some of the game play you wanted even though you don't attend class with your sim.

That time management statement sounds promising. I hope there will be some gameplay besides rabbit hole classes involved in getting good grades.
  • Options
    IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    edited November 2019
    Jerrello wrote: »
    The option should be available for those of us that “don’t” play a household with multiple sims and don’t want to wait for our sims to come out a rabbit hole. Imagine how boring that is. At what point do we actually get academic gameplay that’s not already present? This is why the bar gets lowered with every pack. Next it’s going to be a farm pack with object animals, or a rabbit hole barn to interact with them. 🙄😒

Classes are usually 2 sim hours and the way this game speeds up I'm sure there won't be a long wait. Probably just seconds. It's not a big deal, really.
  • Options
    gothprincess4evergothprincess4ever Posts: 2,130 Member
    edited November 2019
    The presence of rabbit holes instead of active classes worries me, though I do not mind it as a player. However, considering they should try to cover the desires of as many Simmers as possible, a combination of active classes and rabbit holes would probably be the best option.

What has me on edge is the repetitiveness of the gameplay. I was so excited for Realm of Magic because I really love witches, but after one week of gameplay, I got bored. And I'm afraid the same thing will happen with Discover University, if you take into consideration how shallow and meaningless Island Living was... Very pretty, no one is going to deny that, but a bit juvenile, if I may honestly add.

I'll buy the EP, though, mainly because I'm a story and legacy Simmer and university does expand these options. Keeping my hopes low, though.
    Post edited by gothprincess4ever on