Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Which do you like more? Active or Rabbithole Classes

Comments

• FishyNamorFishyNamor Posts: 28 Member
    I'm fine with either/or
    I would want a mix of both really like random lecture hall for both schools
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited November 2019
    Other (please explain below)
    It's crazy how the tables turned, isn't it? November 6, 2019, the day the Sims community all of a sudden collectively embraced rabbitholes as the best solution :D

(p.s.: other because I'm fine with rabbithole schools but I do like open classes in TS3 University, combined with rabbithole college and outdoors lessons)
    5JZ57S6.png
  • BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    Rabbit Hole
    Rabbit holes everytime, for careers as well as school, uni etc.
    Gallery ID: babysquare
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    Active
    Wow rabbit holes won😭😭😭😭 it's not a deal breaker but I wholeheartedly would have loved active classes ☹
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • EdithVEdithV Posts: 859 Member
    Active
    Rabbit holes suit my play style better but going to class should be an option.
  • EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,777 Member
    Rabbit Hole
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    November 6, 2019, the day the Sims community all of a sudden collectively embraced rabbitholes as the best solution :D

The collective is strong, resistance is futile, you will be assimilated.

disclaimer: Just in case, that was meant to be a joke :)

My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • ldmarkoldmarko Posts: 5,487 Member
    Rabbit Hole
    Active is fine, but I have several large households, so rabbit holes would just be easier.
    Gallery ID: LDM2
  • poisonedsodapoppoisonedsodapop Posts: 1,179 Member
    I'm fine with either/or
    They were a pain in 3. If they could have improved on them in 4 I wouldn't have minded. But I'm fine without them.
    Hoping some day for some toddlers. But also dreading they'll never come. JK THEY ARE HERE!
  • BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,175 Member
    I'm fine with either/or
    i chose either/or but probably lean towards more as rabbit holes. I am currently playing a save in 3 Uni and the open "classes" don't add a lot to the game imo.
    In fact the professor never showed up for any of them. Its been a while since I played Sims3 Uni but I thought I remembered a lecturer being there? Anyways I was also playing 2 Uni as well and find I preferred that version with no following my sim to class.
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
  • erimurpheyerimurphey Posts: 173 Member
    Active
    I would like to see my sims clowning around in an active classroom and getting scolded by the professor.
    Sul Sul!

Origin i.d.: erimurphey
  • GordyGordy Posts: 3,015 Member
    edited November 2019
    Active
    I would have preferred both, since working in a class environment seems like a lot of fun. A very fun break from the usual gameplay. Like the active careers, but functional. But w/e, at least we have work outside of class.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • IveGotACatIveGotACat Posts: 5 New Member
    I'm fine with either/or
    I chose either/or because I'm totally down with an active lot. It just -has- to be executed well and be worthwhile. Have classes ever not been rabbitholes for any education level? Unless I'm missing something, I don't understand why people are expecting them to be active now? Classes have usually only been 2-3 hours long. Do you really want to play a zone for only 3 minutes?
  • halloweenchildhalloweenchild Posts: 1,534 Member
    I'm fine with either/or
    Honestly, I don't really care. I prefer rabbit holes tbh because the active classes from TS3 were rather boring and repetitive after a while, where the sims would only do one out of a few animations/choices.
    Give our Vampires back their fangs!!! Reverse the Nerf!!! Occult simmers should not be shoved aside for the "realism players"! It's time Occult lovers/players started to demand equal treatment. #JusticeForOccults
  • lunaodditylunaoddity Posts: 632 Member
    edited November 2019
    Rabbit Hole
    I said this in another thread:

"The [rabbit hole] class structure of TS2 is much better considering the timed goals of active careers in TS4. Active classes in TS4 would probably include timed tasks while sitting in class to get good grades. Also, the game would generate badly dressed classmates. Or force half the YA+ population into being classmates."

Who knows if we'll deal with the classmates issue but I digress. :D If TS4 had active classes I would've been fine anyway. But I don't like the timed goals in active careers.
  • Aeroprincess87Aeroprincess87 Posts: 6,414 Member
    Rabbit Hole
    I'll take rabbithole classes over the boring lectures from the Sims 3 any day. To me watching a sim in class is the digital equivalent of watching paint dry.
  • CheekybitsCheekybits Posts: 1,030 Member
    Here's what I think. If they can replace the classes with something better, I'm all for it. When SimGuruFrost mentioned the fact that time management was going to be hard, that sounded like they had some sort of new interface for this pack. If we can get something as good as the calendar system from seasons I think it would be worth it to do away with active classes.
  • Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    Rabbit Hole
    I just can’t imagine watching my sims sitting in class. It just seems epically boring. 😴
  • MelpomenaMelpomena Posts: 207 Member
    edited November 2019
    Active
    I would have liked to get active classes because of the immersion feeling. It would've been great to get both active and rabbit holes to choose from. Now we get no options, just rabbit holes. :(
  • BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    I'm fine with either/or
    Irdiwen wrote: »
    I have no actual preference. I liked the rabbitholes in TS2 and the lectures in TS3, so I’m open to both. We’ll see how it works in TS4.
    Same
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • Sara1010PSara1010P Posts: 888 Member
    I prefer a mixture of both.
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    Active
    Having rabbit hole classes means I can send a sim off to class while still being able to play with my other sims. As someone who plays with large families I find this preferable. I just hope we can attend classes while still living at home.
    As it is, I found active classes uninteresting in the Sims 3 and classes being rabbit holes means that more time was probably put into the other more interesting parts of attending university.

Exactly this. Rabbit holes mean not having to go through a loading screen, leaving the other Sims you're playing to run amok. There are some things that might be fun in active play, but going to class isn't one of them. And I'm not a fan of linear play - the doctor career might have been one of those fun things, but I found it too much pressure to get items checked off. I wanted more sandbox play.

But having active classes doesn't mean that you always have to be there with your sim, it can work as optional like the acting career, if you want you can follow your sim and if you don't that's ok too. It should be all about options.
    A sandbox game have options... that's crazy talk! and I completely agree.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member
    I'm fine with either/or
    I don't care either way. I'd prefer rabbit holes but if they could have done it in a way like the active careers where you could choose to follow your sim or not might have been a nice way to make everyone happy.
    Origin ID: Peapod79
  • somewhsomesomewhsome Posts: 910 Member
    I'm fine with either/or
    I think active classes would be nice, but I'm okay with rabbit holes (just hope we'll get some good chance cards that will affect performance).
  • gothprincess4evergothprincess4ever Posts: 2,130 Member
    I'm fine with either/or
    I don't really care either way, as I don't think it will affect my play style as a whole. I really like the active careers we've got so far (minus the hellish bugs and glitches, of course), but I also love a good rabbit hole career, especially when I'm managing a seven- or eight-Sim household. But I would love it if we got a combination of active classes and rabbit holes in Discover University, as this would make all types of Simmers happy.
  • SnaveXsSnaveXs Posts: 4,322 Member
    I'm fine with either/or
    I think it should be both but maybe they'll release another school pack for school builders to make downloadable schools functional without mods.