Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Suddenly Sims 3 is in my Origin, even though I never bought it HELP

So sorry I don't know where to put this discussion/question of mine. I explained in a recent activity on this site that my PC had a problem that made it unusable, but my big brother managed to save it and now I have to reinstall all my games and the gaming apps from which I brought those games from. Origin was one of those gaming apps, where the only game I had bought from Origin was Sims 4. On Steam on I got Sims 3. Yet, the other day when I finally gotten around to reinstalling Origin for the first time since my PC got reset. I got it installed, and signed in, going to the game gallery to find 2 games. Sims 3 and Sims 4.

That confused me cause I never bought both of Sims 3 and Sims 4 on Origin. I never got a bundle back cause Sims 4 was so expensive. So I have no idea how there's Sims 3 in my game gallery on Origin. And I honestly can't remember how long it's been since I had interacted with Origin and this forum site other than signing in for the first time yesterday. And no, I didn't get any emails about my account here getting logged in from somewhere I wasn't. No one stole my account. And no one stole my Origin account. The only timeline I have is from my recent oldest post is the time I likely haven't played Sims 4 or used Origin up until yesterday November 6, 2019.

So how do I suddenly have a copy of Sims 3 in my game gallery on Origin without buying it? I haven't been on Origin in so long, and I don't have any friends on Origin either. So there's no way someone gifted it to me. And no I didn't install Sims 3 from Origin. So did something happen for me to get a random copy of Sims 3 from Origin for free despite barely using Origin?

Please be kind. (And yes, it's nice to be back.)

Comments

• mustenimusteni Posts: 5,403 Member
    If you log into your origin account at https://www.ea.com/ you can check your all time order history. See if there's anything there?
  • SimQueenie9SimQueenie9 Posts: 2,944 Member
    I have a copy of Sims 3 in my Game Library, despite me never purchasing it. However, it says "Download", and I'm hesitant to click that, because then it might charge me for the game. It's weird. *shrug*
  • CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member
    edited November 2019
    It might have something to do with them linking to steam since they are adding TS4 on that platform as well.

When TS4 does go to steam, you will actually still have to have origin open and running. It makes some sense that if it can read one way, it will read the other. You said you bought TS3 on steam, so I'm guessing it's going to have something to do with this link for TS4.

Also, welcome back :)
    Origin ID: Peapod79
  • AnitalifegurlAnitalifegurl Posts: 281 Member
    musteni wrote: »
    If you log into your origin account at https://www.ea.com/ you can check your all time order history. See if there's anything there?

I just checked my Order History on EA under my Origin account, and there's no orders. But thank you for the suggestion.
    I have a copy of Sims 3 in my Game Library, despite me never purchasing it. However, it says "Download", and I'm hesitant to click that, because then it might charge me for the game. It's weird. *shrug*

Hmm, well I guess at least it's not only me then. Yeah, I'm not gonna download it either. It's too weird. Thanks for your input :smile:

Hmm, well I guess at least it's not only me then. Yeah, I'm not gonna download it either. It's too weird. Thanks for your input :smile:

You're welcome. :) Good to know it's not just me.
  • BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,175 Member
    Just remove your payment info and then download? I was updated to Sims4 deluxe without paying or ordering. It came with the free *basic origin offers for November. Maybe Sims3 is also included in basic.
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
    Camkat wrote: »
    It might have something to do with them linking to steam since they are adding TS4 on that platform as well.

When TS4 does go to steam, you will actually still have to have origin open and running. It makes some sense that if it can read one way, it will read the other. You said you bought TS3 on steam, so I'm guessing it's going to have something to do with this link for TS4.

Also, welcome back :)

Sims 4 will eventually go to Steam?! If I known that I'd probably try to wait it out until then XD Just cause it was so expensive on Origin. Hmm, maybe that's it. I don't know. Thanks for commenting :smile: And thanks for welcoming me back :smiley:
  • verlainemverlainem Posts: 837 Member
    This could be the reason
    Electronic Arts revealed today it was bringing its games back to Steam after an absence of eight years. Don’t get too excited, though, Steam faithful: you’re still going to need the Origin launcher in order to play your games.

https://thenextweb.com/gaming/2019/10/29/ea-games-are-coming-back-to-steam-but-you-still-need-origin/
    EA ID burnished_dragon
    Bluegayle wrote: »
    Just remove your payment info and then download? I was updated to Sims4 deluxe without paying or ordering. It came with the free *basic origin offers for November. Maybe Sims3 is also included in basic.

Oh, so maybe I gotten Sims 3 for free cause it's November. Neato! Thanks for commenting :smile:
    verlainem wrote: »
    This could be the reason
    Electronic Arts revealed today it was bringing its games back to Steam after an absence of eight years. Don’t get too excited, though, Steam faithful: you’re still going to need the Origin launcher in order to play your games.

https://thenextweb.com/gaming/2019/10/29/ea-games-are-coming-back-to-steam-but-you-still-need-origin/

I didn't know about this. That probably is it. But I'll need Origin anyways cause it's the only place I have Sims 4 XD Thank you so much :smiley: I was unaware of Origin and Steam thing happening until you shared it. This is probably the cause of it. Thank you so much :smiley:
    This could be the reason

I didn't know about this. That probably is it. But I'll need Origin anyways cause it's the only place I have Sims 4 XD Thank you so much :smiley: I was unaware of Origin and Steam thing happening until you shared it. This is probably the cause of it. Thank you so much :smiley:

I don't have Sims on Steam, jsyk.
    And TS3 has been sitting in my Game Library for well over a month.
  • mustenimusteni Posts: 5,403 Member

With origin access you still need to pick the games you put into your library, I doubt any game is added automatically.
    This could be the reason

I don't have Sims on Steam, jsyk.
    And TS3 has been sitting in my Game Library for well over a month.

That's different than my situation then.

With origin access you still need to pick the games you put into your library, I doubt any game is added automatically.

Okay. Thanks for the help :smile:
  • SimpatsyannSimpatsyann Posts: 1,307 Member
    Have you tried contacting Origin customer service?
    Have you tried contacting Origin customer service?

No I haven't.
  • BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,175 Member

Was just a thought as I never added Sims4 deluxe edition but it was made available for me to upgrade?

"Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
  • EA_MaiEA_Mai Posts: 1,800 EA Staff (retired)
    Is it possible you redeemed a copy of The Sims 3 in thesims3.com? Even if it was purchased as a physical version of the game and not through Origin? That would explain it :)
    EA_Mai wrote: »
    Is it possible you redeemed a copy of The Sims 3 in thesims3.com? Even if it was purchased as a physical version of the game and not through Origin? That would explain it :)

Not for me, nope.
    I just assumed that maybe it came free with the Deluxe edition.
    edited November 2019
    The Sims 4 Deluxe Edition? Don't remember any offer that included The Sims 3 as well but it's been a while since the release :blush:
    If it says 'Download' it means it's already in your Library (whether owned, through Origin Access or some kind of weird error would be another story).

As someone suggested above, I'd reach out to us through EA Help and ask one of our advisers to check your account :)
  • IreneSwiftIreneSwift Posts: 6,247 Member
    If you registered it so you could join the Sims 3 forum or buy content at the store, that could be the reason.
    Actually, maybe I did. I know I bought a couple things from the TS3 store.

Would I need to pay for it again if I clicked Download?
    edited November 2019

No, not for clicking 'Download' and installing the game. Just be aware that if you don't own any Expansion or Stuff Packs, these are sold separately to the base game and you will be asked to purchase them if you try to download them (but the button won't say 'Download').

In general, for any game purchases you will have to go through the payment/checkout process. So as long as you are reading before clicking things, things should be pretty clear - we try to make things as easy and clear as possible! :)
    EA_Mai wrote: »

No, not for clicking 'Download' and installing the game. Just be aware that if you don't own any Expansion or Stuff Packs, these are sold separately to the base game and you will be asked to purchase them if you try to download them (but the button won't say 'Download').

In general, for any game purchases you will have to go through the payment/checkout process. So as long as you are reading before clicking things, things should be pretty clear - we try to make things as easy and clear as possible! :)

Yay. c: <3