Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Repo Man is back

Comments

• NikkihNikkih Posts: 1,758 Member
    Yes we need some negative drama, hopefully at some point we get burglars, police, firefighters and social workers aswell lol
  • honeypooh1267honeypooh1267 Posts: 1,344 Member
    I'm going to love this new drama.. watching the sim cry as the rebo man take there stuff away...that is going to be so funny but we needed some drama... i also wich they would bring back burglars also,
  • paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    Camkat wrote: »
    You've made me nervous now though, they've done some pretty wack things with TS4 and now I'm actually worried there's no repo man at all and it just zaps out like our toddlers when the social worker takes them. We don't have npc social workers actually bother to show up to claim our children, but they will put the effort in to have an npc take our stuff? It's actually a possibility that it works that way. :/

As much as it would be nice to have the repo man npc back, I don't have much faith in the coding that either it won't bug out somehow or the repo man's AI won't be very smart at all :/ This is purely going off TS4's extensive track record of bugs and technical issues.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member
    You've made me nervous now though, they've done some pretty wack things with TS4 and now I'm actually worried there's no repo man at all and it just zaps out like our toddlers when the social worker takes them. We don't have npc social workers actually bother to show up to claim our children, but they will put the effort in to have an npc take our stuff? It's actually a possibility that it works that way. :/

As much as it would be nice to have the repo man npc back, I don't have much faith in the coding that either it won't bug out somehow or the repo man's AI won't be very smart at all :/ This is purely going off TS4's extensive track record of bugs and technical issues.

Good point.

Another thing I just thought of is that sims probably won't react to it at all either. When a sim toddler gets poofed into thin air, their own child, flesh and blood, they get a sad moodlet that lasts for a day maybe 2 and gets drowned out by all the other happy ones... This might not be as exciting as I'd hoped.

However it gets done though, I am happy for an actual consequence. Pay your loan back. If you don't have money for the loan you don't have money for the expensive computer.
    Origin ID: Peapod79
  • Rae357Rae357 Posts: 922 Member
    I honestly don't like this. In sims 3 I'd miss the notification of bills or forget them and the repo man would come and take stuff I couldn't just buy. I kind of hope this is just for loans, I like the power getting turned off for bills better, or they add an auto pay feature.
  • IcewolfIcewolf Posts: 709 Member
    I hope this is true! I've been wanting the repo man since the release of The Sims 4! This game desperately needs some negative consequences.

It's not that hard to pay your bills or remember to pay them.
  • FishyNamorFishyNamor Posts: 28 Member
    >:) i missed kidnaping burglars
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,284 Member
    My takeaway from this. I heard lawyers! I'm hoping this means some careers will be added via this EP. Maybe in his spare time, my Global Superstar will be a 'star' lawyer. You know, the Perry Mason, Ben Matlock type. ;)
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,748 Member
    My takeaway from this. I heard lawyers! I'm hoping this means some careers will be added via this EP. Maybe in his spare time, my Global Superstar will be a 'star' lawyer. You know, the Perry Mason, Ben Matlock type. ;)

@GalacticGal um at least three careers are Lawyers, Teachers and Engineers are being added w/ the pack
    6adMCGP.gif
  • lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,079 Member
    Now that I've had time to think about it, they never actually worded that someone will be generated to take your stuff. In reality all they can do is just program the game itself to take away your stuff and just write a notification saying that someone came in and took your stuff while you were away, etc. But this is all just a worst case scenario, right?

Also, how are you going to get that stuff back? Is there a guarantee you'll ever be getting it back? What if something bugs out and your stuff can't be retrieved and if they fix that it won't help you get your old stuff back but prevent any future repos? So basically tough luck then..? Don't expect those family heirlooms back if a bug like that happens. But of course this is all just worst case scenario stuff, there's no way such a terrible thing could ever occur, right? Right..? Right...

The repo man in past games never took personal items. You never got the item back, you just opened the buy catalogue and bought it again. (Once you had enough money, or cheated or sold a window if you needed the toilet). I'd hope they would code them the same here.

Oh man I hope not. It's annoying enough to have disappearing children and maids that clean while you are away all the time. I never imagined when I was playing the other games that I'd miss all the random NPC's, but I do. I hated getting the newspaper piling up, but I even miss that chick. Lol.
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01
  • lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,079 Member
    edited November 2019
    You know what just occurred to me... what if the repo man ends up in the other households bin like Father Winter?
    I don't want that. I always end up deleting Father Winter when I see him in there. I don't want special NPC's going to festivals and hanging out at bars. Then they aren't special anymore.
    When I moved once, somehow my scarecrow didn't go with me and he ended up in there. *sigh*
    Post edited by lisamwitt on
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited November 2019
    But that is not the repo man that was the burglar in a burglar glitch.

A repo man can't go take things that belong to the Uni and dorm stuff belongs to the Uni so my guess it a loan officer will take your sims money until they have what is owed them after you get out of Uni - so they either take your money until they are paid back or maybe get you thrown out of school so you can't graduate and still take your money until they get back what money you did get before you got thrown out and not let you go back to college to ever get a degree. Boy that would rot if you think about it. But how ever they do it - interested to find out.
    Post edited by Writin_Reg on

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• SimmyFroggySimmyFroggy Posts: 1,762 Member
    Writin_Reg wrote: »

A repo man can't go take things that belong to the Uni and dorm stuff belongs to the Uni so my guess it a loan officer will take your sims money until they have what is owed them after you get out of Uni - so they either take your money until they are paid back or maybe get you thrown out of school so you can't graduate and still take your money until they get back what money you did get before you got thrown out and not let you go back to college to ever get a degree. Boy that would rot if you think about it. But how ever they do it - interested to find out.

Loans start being repayable after the Sim graduates or leaves Uni, so the repo person wouldn't show up while they're still in dorms. And even if they did, Sims will have personal belongings in their rooms, not everything will belong to the university. In off-campus living, it's the same or even more of the stuff is the Sim's.

Someone suggested (due to household funds being one pool of money) that loans could come out of a Sim's paycheck/income before it gets added to the household funds. That makes me wonder: what if a Sim doesn't get a job right after graduating?
  • somewhsomesomewhsome Posts: 910 Member

Loans start being repayable after the Sim graduates or leaves Uni, so the repo person wouldn't show up while they're still in dorms. And even if they did, Sims will have personal belongings in their rooms, not everything will belong to the university. In off-campus living, it's the same or even more of the stuff is the Sim's.

Someone suggested (due to household funds being one pool of money) that loans could come out of a Sim's paycheck/income before it gets added to the household funds. That makes me wonder: what if a Sim doesn't get a job right after graduating?
    And what if a sim will live on an empty lot, eat free food from parks or trash cans, shower in gyms and sleep on park benches?
    It's not the best way to live after getting a degree, but still. 😆
  • DerellaDerella Posts: 765 Member
    I miss all of the old NPCs. Nothing beat getting robbed your first night playing as a brand new Sim :D
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Thank you for posting this informantion. I am glad they decided to add student loans (more realistic) and a repoman. It's about time these Sims deal with life.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member
    Um I wouldn't be surprised if the items just disappear.
  • babajaynebabajayne Posts: 1,866 Member
    If you’re really worried about something important being taken, you can always exit the game without saving. I’m not worried about it. We need more things like this to shake things up. It’s too easy. If you want an easy game, use cheats, they’ve always been there!
    edited November 2019
    Yep - they could do with a twist or two like in the older games - especially making things harder and losing money somehow - etc.

I will be watching the live play today, or at least plan to, so I actually know what's fact and what isn't. I'm not good at guessing games -

I just know if my sims get in trouble well I generally let them get what's coming to them as long as it doesn't kill them - lol.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• BloosmooBloosmoo Posts: 754 Member
    As much as I'd love the repo man to appear along with firemen, burglars, fortune tellers, charlatans, social workers, evil npc witches ect, I have a sneaking suspicion that there will be a message in the top right corner that reads "You didn't pay your loan, your sofa is being taken into care until you give us our money." On a grim note though wouldn't it be great if that card read. "You owe us for your university education. Pay up or you'll never see Grandma again!" You know when you crave that kind of thing, the sims is lacking something lol

Oooo you know what would be better still, seeing Grandma in the world romancing with a shady character younger than she is and having the time of her life. Mmmm I'm going to play that!
  • simfriend1968simfriend1968 Posts: 578 Member
    Simanite wrote: »
    Um I wouldn't be surprised if the items just disappear.

The gurus did say that your sim will get an unexpected visitor if he/she doesn't pay back a student loan, so I think it will be an actual NPC.
    edited November 2019
    No mention of them during live play or I missed it and I don't think I missed it. So whaT EVER HAPPENS - HAPPENS AFTER THEY LEAVE UNI.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• Aeroprincess87Aeroprincess87 Posts: 6,414 Member
    They did say that if you don't pay back your loan you will get a special visitor who will take your stuff. It was at the one hour and 10 minute mark on the replay video. Cause one of the gurus started singing 'the repo man is back'. :D
  • alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    No mention of them during live play or I missed it and I don't think I missed it. So whaT EVER HAPPENS - HAPPENS AFTER THEY LEAVE UNI.

They talked about the repo man at the end so you missed it. They didn't get any detailed except that he is back.
  • mctsimmermctsimmer Posts: 277 Member
    Hated when he came in S2 & S3, but it adds stress to my game saves that have real life gameplay.