Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

your top three things you want next year in sims 4

comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
it has to be an object skill interaction or game improvement
not a pack because it might not have the things you want

please tell me what three things you guys are hoping for next year and before I tell you what I want next year
I'm going to name off some of the things that were wished for last year that we did get
  • lap top
  • stairs
  • University
  • spell caster
  • Ocean swimming
  • Beach
  • shower woohoo
  • Off the grid trait
  • marine biology career
  • Education career
  • More games and activities were multiple sims can be engaged at the same time.
  • mermaids
  • robots
  • Bedroom clutter
  • Part-time jobs for adults
  • room mates
this was just on the first four pages
of last years list

and now I will tell you the top three things I want next year
slow dancing as a skill
freed babies
and a romance system
more for sim kids and more drama please
Post edited by comicsforlife on

Comments

• Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    edited November 2019
    Whims to be fixed if not sooner than next year.
    More Traits and for all of them to actually mean something.
    More emotions like fear.
    Bug fixes.

I picked four things. Anything after that is just a bonus.
    Post edited by Sharonia on
  • Options
    Alwe1507Alwe1507 Posts: 328 Member
    Sharonia wrote: »
    Whims to be fixed.

New player. What is wrong with Whims?
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    edited November 2019
    Alwe1507 wrote: »
    Whims to be fixed.

I think they're bugged at the moment. Half of them don't fulfill after completing the requirement. My play style is mostly driven by whims so I'm finding it rather annoying. It's not a mod issue cause I've tried taking them all out and it still does it.
  • Options
    Whims to be fixed.

some of the whims don't fulfill at the moment and some people think they need to be improved over all
    so tell me new player what top three things do you want next year @Alwe1507
  • Options
    LoveMcQueen5683LoveMcQueen5683 Posts: 3,689 Member
    edited November 2019
    1. Whims replaced with a proper wants and fears system
    2. A personality/trait overhaul or at the very least every trait needs to have more functionality on behavior and gameplay. Look at the wiki for traits from sims 4 and compare it too sims 3. Its really depressing how poor the traits in sims 4 are.
    3. Scared Emotion actually I would rather have the color wheel for buy/build mode or more swatches for everything. I struggle to match furniture sometimes and it may just be my minimum interior design skill or just lack of options and consideration from dev team but either way the struggle is real

Kinda tall order tbh 😬

Top 3 packs
    1. Generations
    2. Romance
    3. Pool stuff
    Post edited by LoveMcQueen5683 on
    LR3g0ni.jpg
  • Options
    ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    I'm just listing the first three things that come to mind.

- Horses
    - Romance overhaul/weddings/romantic chemistry
    - Memories/More reactive sims/Closer relationships between family members such as grandparents and grandchildren, aunts, uncles, cousins, etc. It could kind of build off of what came in with Parenthood. I think it would encourage more interaction between family members. I guess I'm asking for ways for extended relatives to spend time together.

I might try to work on the latter in my game.

Along that line, I also want more hobbies. I'm glad to see some sports coming in with University.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • Options
    SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    edited November 2019
    Free babies

More life stages (preschoolers /preteens /older adult)

Non mutual relationships
  • Options
    Whims to be fixed.

some of the whims don't fulfill at the moment and some people think they need to be improved over all

Hmm...🤔

1. Adventure / Puzzle gameplay. TS3 had an awesome adventure where you could go treasure hunting in crypts etc.
    2. Cars. Apparently, there aren't any!
    3. ...pending further gaming hours. Not sure yet 😉

Why do people want trait and moodlet overhauls?
  • Options
    Free babies

What does that mean?
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    edited November 2019
    Better family play as in interactions such as tag,pillow fights, kids jumping on beds and chairs, couples taking toddlers for a walk in strollers, etc that kinda thing. So basically improved interactions that give a more feeling of togetherness, along with more couple and group activities.

There is no particular object or skill I want. All I want is improved interactions. :)

Wait I take that back. Object wise I really wanna see kids normal play items like seesaws, merry go around, jump rope, treehouses,board games etc.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    Whims to be fixed.

Hmm...🤔

1. Adventure / Puzzle gameplay. TS3 had an awesome adventure where you could go treasure hunting in crypts etc.
    2. Cars. Apparently, there aren't any!
    3. ...pending further gaming hours. Not sure yet 😉

Why do people want trait and moodlet overhauls?

sounds like you might like this pack @Alwe1507
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gZTgUlEZqgk
    also freed babies means they want babies your sim can carry around right now they can't do that in sims 4
  • Options
    paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    I don't really know what I'd really want now that the future of pack content is anyone's guess at this point. Maybe 3 new occults? That's about it.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • Options
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    1)A Dating Gamepack
    2)A Winter Wonderland Vacation Expansion or Gamepack
    3)Hotels Gamepack with more items for pools
  • Options
    Free babies

What does that mean?

An update so that babies can be freed from the bassinet. Grant said he would love to see this added at some point and that was a while back.
  • Options
    1)A Dating Gamepack
    2)A Winter Wonderland Vacation Expansion or Gamepack
    3)Hotels Gamepack with more items for pools

a dating game pack would be fun
    A Winter Wonderland Vacation Expansion or Gamepack snow boarding
    and dating apps :)
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,127 Member
    1. All Color Patterns for hair, eyes & clothing.
    2. New Romance Interactions & the Heartshape bed back.
    3. Body hair & Werewolves.
  • Options
    SERVERFRA wrote: »
    1. All Color Patterns for hair, eyes & clothing.
    2. New Romance Interactions & the Heartshape bed back.
    3. Body hair & Werewolves.

Yeah now your talking. I was hoping we'd get a heartbed in Discover University.
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,448 Member
    Okay, it's hard to choose a top three but I'm going to go with:

1. A Fear emotion, including a system to personalize Sims fears. And because this would warrant a tweak of the emotion system, this would include changing the default state of "Happy" to "Fine" to improve and balance Sim moods to be less elated all the time.

2. A Traits overhaul to make Traits dictate actual behaviors and reactions, not just give mood buffs. They should override generic emotion buffs like decorations and also override generic object attractions. For example, this would mean that a Sim who isn't a Geek wouldn't suddenly start playing video games, and if they aren't materialistic, they won't get a "nicely decorated" buff.

3. Deeper personality system to add likes, dislikes, preferences, and especially individual Flaws. Even if Flaws were done like a second Rewards store and Sims could spend their points there, I'd use them all the time. I don't really use Rewards because the game kind of hands us everything without challenges and consequences anyway so they're really not needed. Flaws however, are desperately needed. And I'd also love a chemistry system too, but I don't know if Sims 4 is capable of that.

Bonus: One more thing that I'd really, really like to be changed, because this isn't something to add but something to actually tune way down or remove....no more drinking glasses of water. It just makes the behavior so much worse and interrupts real gameplay. It's one of the few features that I can say I actually hate. I've actually removed all of the sinks from a house because of this very bad idea. My Vampires are affected by it all the time and it just irritates me endlessly. It only serves Mermaids and not enough for me to care or miss it.
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,177 Member
    edited November 2019
    1. Meaningful bug fixes, not ones that break again with the next patch.
    2. Control over townie generation and NPC assignment.
    3. Occult toggles.

I know the last two can be done with mods, sort of, but those features ought to be included in the game. I'm not at all hopeful about getting these, but at this point I'd rather see the game system improved than have even more new content that'll cause even more bugs.
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
  • Options
    Becka28Becka28 Posts: 1,870 Member
    edited November 2019
    1. A dating/ romance gamepack with slow dancing and hand holding included
    2. Bands - instruments like drums, trumpet saxophone and the abiliry to perform. Maybe a concert venue lot type.
    3. Fairies as a seperate occult not a familiar. Gamepack style like vampires
  • Options
    imhappyimhappy Posts: 1,988 Member
    Bands
    Hobbies
    (I was going to write a romance pack but I saw someone say less water drinking. I want that)
    Less water drinking
  • Options
    popstarsleypopstarsley Posts: 1,086 Member
    1) To stop hearing about how “expensive” and “time consuming” it is to create animations. It’s a cartoon, It’s a video game. They move. That’s like the main point. I don’t know why some Maxis comments are like “how dare Simmers ask for more animations! The nerve!” I’m not reading a book here, I’m trying to play your controllable cartoon. 🤷🏽‍♀️

2) Every single hobby that can possibly fit. Bands, sports, craft making, horseback riding. I’ll take anything. Call it “Get a Life!”

2b) Less leaning on career and skill reward rooms and outfits. Instead add in cooler activities that can be unlocked as Sims progress through their job and hobby levels.

3) When a friend calls to invite my Sim out, it’d be cool to be able to say “sounds fun meet you in an hour” so my Sim can finish up their water drinking first.
  • Options
    PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    1. Werewolves (yes, occult players deserve more love)
    2. More teen stuff.
    3. ... that's about all I really want, really.
  • Options
    KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,382 Member
    Spiral stairs, winter activities (like snowboarding, skiing etc) and more clothes and activities for teens.