Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

THE one & only Discover University complaining thread!

Comments

• babajaynebabajayne Posts: 1,866 Member
    edited November 2019
    IIRC, in TS2 University, once all students had selected their dorm rooms, they were darkened. So you could see your own dorm room and all the common areas, but not inside every room. You could knock on their door and be invited in, and then you could see what was inside. There might have been a tiny lag while that loaded, but it wasn’t like going through a loading screen. Anyone remember if I am remembering right? I was hoping City Living would be like that. But of course we know it isn’t. I hope DU is like that, though.

I didn’t play Uni in TS3 much, it seemed like it took forever without enough benefits (some benefits... but I thought that deserved more) and I didn’t enjoy attending classes. (ETA: I should add that I still didn’t regret buying it because it added all kinds of other things, things you could do at home, that DU doesn’t appear to include) I guess having the option to attend class OR use it as a rabbit hole is the best way. But what do we get instead? What’s innovative this time around? Barely anything from what I have seen so far.
  • EdithVEdithV Posts: 859 Member
    babajayne wrote: »
    IIRC, in TS2 University, once all students had selected their dorm rooms, they were darkened. So you could see your own dorm room and all the common areas, but not inside every room. You could knock on their door and be invited in, and then you could see what was inside. There might have been a tiny lag while that loaded, but it wasn’t like going through a loading screen. Anyone remember if I am remembering right? I was hoping City Living would be like that. But of course we know it isn’t. I hope DU is like that, though.

I didn’t play Uni in TS3 much, it seemed like it took forever without enough benefits (some benefits... but I thought that deserved more) and I didn’t enjoy attending classes. I guess having the option to attend class OR use it as a rabbit hole is the best way. But what do we get instead? What’s innovative this time around? Barely anything from what I have seen so far.

I would have loved how it was in Sims 2 but I won't hold my breath
  • dearie_blossomdearie_blossom Posts: 707 Member
    [quote="Dannydanbo;c-17301477"]I'm one of those people that love to say I TOLD YOU SO so,[i] I told you so.[/i] Classes are indeed rabbit holes. And what about a rabbit hole class takes any time management at all? You get a pop up in the morning that ART class begins in an hour and you click SEND and off they pop. In the afternoon, you get another pop up that says PSYCHOLOGY begins in an hour and you click SEND and off they pop. What's hard about that. What requires any time management at all? Do all the classes overlap for some weird reason? Oh wait, they probably think you'll have your sims out playing solo soccer or riding their bikes from campus to campus.
    [/quote]

In the acting career you have to prepare something before an audition (e.g. get to level 3 of the fitness skill). If you fail to do so you‘ll get rejected. I think DU will do something similar... like you’ll have to read a book before class and if you don‘t you‘ll get a bad grade.
  • KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    edited November 2019
    ...wow rabbit hole classes...No reason for me to really get it with my own money. I guess I can earn some survey money and get it for free.
  • BrittanyChick22BrittanyChick22 Posts: 2,130 Member
    Just found out the classes are rabbit holes too from pixelade. I read the comments and a lot of them were saying they are fine with it which is funny because I remember a lot sims 4 players were saying that was one of many reasons they didn't like about sims 3. Now they are okay with it? Interesting... plus if seeing your sim go to class every day would get boring, wouldn't waiting for them to pop out that rabbit hole all the time get boring as well?
    giphy.gif

Just found out the classes are rabbit holes too from pixelade. I read the comments and a lot of them were saying they are fine with it which is funny because I remember a lot sims 4 players were saying that was one of many reasons they didn't like about sims 3. Now they are okay with it? Interesting... plus if seeing your sim go to class every day would get boring, wouldn't waiting for them to pop out that rabbit hole all the time get boring as well?

No offense, but alot of Sims 4 praises will praise and ACCEPT ANYTHING .... it doesn't surprise me.
  • CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member

One is boring at top speed though while the other is boring at regular speed unless you speed up the camera. ;)
    Origin ID: Peapod79
    Am I the only one who just wishes they would just bury this installment and be done with it?
  • Vivi_WillowTreeVivi_WillowTree Posts: 451 Member
    The second trailer is underwhelming. No gameplay shown at all. I am not buying university to party or just to study. Rabbit hole classes are not what I want every time. Opting in and out should have been included. After all this is an expansion. It would've been easy to implement because of get to work. Its reused, but it would be better having that than nothing at all. There also isn't any mention of high school graduation. You can't go to college if you don't graduate. What is the thought process of the sims 4 gurus? I just want complete life stages back. None of us are asking for to much. I guess the seasoned simmers shouldn't even have opinions anymore. They just don't care.

@KaeChan2089 I do as well this iteration has been a nightmare.
  • MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,750 Member
    kaylin205 wrote: »
    The second trailer is underwhelming. No gameplay shown at all. I am not buying university to party or just to study. Rabbit hole classes are not what I want every time. Opting in and out should have been included. After all this is an expansion. It would've been easy to implement because of get to work. Its reused, but it would be better having that than nothing at all. There also isn't any mention of high school graduation. You can't go to college if you don't graduate. What is the thought process of the sims 4 gurus? I just want complete life stages back. None of us are asking for to much. I guess the seasoned simmers shouldn't even have opinions anymore. They just don't care.

um its a TRAILER and it technically does show "Gameplay" robotics and debate club, the Soccer extra activity, a mention of the "Secert Society", It also makes references to what jobs are coming in the pack. And they mentioned scholarships as well. Not to mention the juice keg
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Vivi_WillowTreeVivi_WillowTree Posts: 451 Member
    @MadameLee They had most of those things in the first trailer. I must not have been clear about my previous statement. By gameplay trailer I ment education specifically. After all this is a school expansion. The robot builder, reused debate, soccer was already shown off. More education gameplay would have been welcome. Scholarships tie into high school. How well you do, activities and interests. How do you get a scholarship if you don't graduate? They need a major overhaul with this expansion. They aren't going to do so. The secret society and keg has nothing to do with education and more to do with partying, at least for me. The still career glimpse isn't motivational either.
  • babajaynebabajayne Posts: 1,866 Member
    MadameLee wrote: »

um its a TRAILER and it technically does show "Gameplay" robotics and debate club, the Soccer extra activity, a mention of the "Secert Society", It also makes references to what jobs are coming in the pack. And they mentioned scholarships as well. Not to mention the juice keg
    That’s a pitiful list if that’s all they have to show in a gameplay trailer. (Just my opinion, bla bla bla, whatever I’m supposed to say)

• catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,389 Member

That’s a pitiful list if that’s all they have to show in a gameplay trailer. (Just my opinion, bla bla bla, whatever I’m supposed to say)

Prehaps their saving the good stuff for the launch trailer next week.
  • MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,750 Member
    edited November 2019
    @MadameLee They had most of those things in the first trailer. I must not have been clear about my previous statement. By gameplay trailer I ment education specifically. After all this is a school expansion. The robot builder, reused debate, soccer was already shown off. More education gameplay would have been welcome. Scholarships tie into high school. How well you do, activities and interests. How do you get a scholarship if you don't graduate? They need a major overhaul with this expansion. They aren't going to do so. The secret society and keg has nothing to do with education and more to do with partying, at least for me. The still career glimpse isn't motivational either.

and exactly how do you show off "education gameplay" when it been stated by the Grus that the eduction part aka CLASSES will be RABBIT HOLES?
    6adMCGP.gif
    *not all images appear in game* <-- should not be in a "game play" trailer. Trailer yes, once specifically for game play? No. How am I supposed to know now what is in the game and what isn't? (Obviously I can use my head and knowing what I do know about sims etc) but what about new players who might not know?
  • MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member

History has taught us with the sims 4 they show all major things in the trailer. We have had two trailers filled with fluff, they wouldn’t risk turning customers off with two bad reveal trailers and one awesome launch trailer.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,389 Member

History has taught us with the sims 4 they show all major things in the trailer. We have had two trailers filled with fluff, they wouldn’t risk turning customers off with two bad reveal trailers and one awesome launch trailer.

We generally get 3 trailers. The launch trailer releases very close to the expansion release.
  • MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member

It will. It’s scuba diving all over again. Sims 2 has the excuse of its over ten years old, sims 3 improved it, sims 4 as usual has taken a massive step backwards and has convinced people its a good thing!

Also note the misleading part in the trailer with the Mother and toddler #Lifegoals (#vomit) where it’s implied toddlers can live on campus but yet SG Frost has said that it’s not possible for that to happen.

• rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    Am I the only one who just wishes they would just bury this installment and be done with it?

No, you're not.

They aren't even trying anymore. It's really sad to see how low the standard has become.
    What even is the point of a pre-order for this series anymore anyways? It's DLC so waiting until the launch day and having more information makes sense? I know I've pre-ordered a few Blizzard games before and gotten little bonus' and extras for doing it. If there's no reason to pre-order I don't understand why people blindly throw money at EA without at least knowing what will be in a pack. :/ It's not like they get to play it early.
    Logged in on this website after a billion years just to express how PATHETIC this game became.
    This generation keeps getting worse: 5 years in and just now we are getting an University pack with a lot of things still missing. Cars, burglars, an infinite list. Ridiculous “worlds” worse than The Sims 2. The developers are not even capable of making 20+ lots (!!!!!!!) for a closed fake world. It’s a SHAME.
    Besides that, they upped 50% of the price of ALL PACKS randomly in many countries without a explanation that makes sense. I mean, if they were using this money to make actual well made packs, ok. But they’re just LAZY with every pack. All of them lacks lots, Sims, stories, basic features, depth, and it goes on. Just end this thing already or move on to Sims 5. I’m seriously exhausted. I feel sorry for those who are fooled enough to keep giving money to this mercenary franchise.
    Someone had to say it. Sorry but it’s the truth.

Agree 100% <3