Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What are you most looking forward to in Discover University?

I know it's a little early to tell what we're getting in the pack, but from what you've seen in the trailers and blogs so far, what are you looking forward to, and what are your hopes for the pack? Feel free to list and discuss the things that perked up your interest. You can also additionally list the things that don't interest you, but please keep this thread lighthearted and positive/constructive. This is not the place for griping and complaining. Please see other threads dedicated to that. :) Thanks!

(My personal interests for the pack are posted below.)
#Team Occult

Comments

• LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,439 Member
    So I admit that I started off rather apprehensive about this pack, as I really loved the Sims 2's University, it was one of my favorites, and didn't expect this to be anything like it. But my interest has been piqued with a little more of the info that has come out. So some of the things I'm looking forward to are:

1. Juice kegs and Juice pong! Because yes, my Sims love to party. I'm hoping there will be effects that go with drinking too much, like passing out or getting dazed. Not likely, but I'd really like that.

2. All of the tech - i.e. ROBOTS! I mean, because, you know, ..... ROBOTS!! I suspect they will have more autonomy and not be playable, but I actually think this is kind of cool because it's more unpredictable. Interested in more info for this.

3. Villainy major! Because I need more wickedness in my game. Hoping to be able to make a Supervillain of some sort until we get an actual Superheroes pack. (Hint, hint!)

4. Shower Woohoo. Because Woohoos, like new deaths, are amusing. And also because if you can't be with the one you love...honey, love the one you're with.

5. Thirteen majors! I really feel like they summed up the majors nicely, much like Sims 2. I just hope they have some decent influence in the game. I'm thinking the patch is going to include a career overhaul of some sort.

6. Dorm life! Some of my absolute favorite gameplay in Sims 2 took place in the dorms. I'm still a little apprehensive about how they will play out and I hope that NPC roommates are optional and we can have several of our own Sims living in the same building and sharing public areas, like the cafeteria. If everything is too separate, I'll probably be a little disappointed, but it depends on what I can do with it. I don't mind if we can't build our own, I didn't really expect that since apartments don't work that way. Would have been nice, though. (For both.)

7. Rabbit hole classes. Yep, this is one of the few types of rabbit holes that I actually prefer. I was afraid that the gameplay would revolve around our Sims sitting painfully through classroom lectures, wasting time in boringville, watching paint dry. So again, I'm hoping it plays out similar to Sims 2.

8. The campuses and how they differ. I really like the contrast of the two and that the higher learning is different for each one but that there are no eliminations of majors that force you to go to one or the other. The extreme differences in designs is a great thing because I do have some "Victorian" families and old world households that would make much more sense in the Britechester area. (Go Britechester!) But Foxbury has that MIT Boston robotics theme (think the lobster gave it away? lol) even if Boston colleges tend to look more like Britechester... but it's a familiar area to me so the "lobsters" make me smile.

9. The secret society!! Not gonna lie, I want this. I want the robes (for my spellcasters, hello!) and the cheesiness of the secret order. This and Villainy are what probably perked me up the most.

10. Engineering career. Even if it's not playable, I just think it's interesting.

Some things I really have no interest in at this time but could possibly change:

1. Bicycles. I'm just not interested, I actually like that Sims are walking around a lot, it keeps the neighborhoods lively and opens opportunities for sims to meet each other.

2. Debates. Meh. I'm the kind of player who likes the concept of my Sims getting an education, but I don't really want the agonizing details of watching it happen. My Sims are really at college to hook up and party, lol.

3. Bringing toddlers to campus. Yeah, I don't care, I won't be doing this. University is for living wildly, being young forever and partying! Have I mentioned that yet?

4. NPC roommates. I might find this more interesting if I felt that they would be unpredictable, but after playing the Sims 4 tutorial, I think they're just going to be boring and not do much but disappear to class and use the PC or laptop or their phone all the time. So I'd rather have one of my own Sims from a different household sharing the room.

5. Soccer. I just don't like sports and get annoyed when my non-athletic Sims go for the basketball court so I'm not looking forward to more autonomous wrangling.

So I guess that's it. Everything else I'm sort of neutral about.
    #Team Occult
  • bizuktagbizuktag Posts: 552 Member
    edited November 2019
    Did you forget to post your interests or are you saying you have none? ;) Well you hadn't posted them yet when I was writing this, but now my joke just doesn't work...

I'm not interested in the secret society, based on the trailer. But I am interested in the world, the build/buy and the CAS stuff.
    edited November 2019
    bizuktag wrote: »
    Did you forget to post your interests or are you saying you have none? ;) Well you hadn't posted them yet when I was writing this, but now my joke just doesn't work...

I'm not interested in the secret society, based on the trailer. But I am interested in the world, the build/buy and the CAS stuff.

Haha, sorry. I figured I wouldn't clutter up the main post with my huge list so I put it in a separate one instead.
    #Team Occult
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    I'm looking forward to dorms,piercings,pong tables,bikes,the keg,shower woohoo and widget parties. The blog said if sims get to much to drink from the keg they may streak.
    I'm looking forward to dorms,piercings,pong tables,bikes,the keg,shower woohoo and widget parties. The blog said if sims get to much to drink from the keg they may streak.

Ooh, I missed that about the streaking! Nice! And yeah, the piercings too, I forgot about that!
    #Team Occult
  • bizuktagbizuktag Posts: 552 Member
    LiELF wrote: »
    Haha, sorry. I figured I wouldn't clutter up the main post with my huge list so I put it in a separate one instead.

Which is a good idea! And you went more in-depth than I did, so I'll add a little bit extra to my thoughts:

Secret Society: I think the cloaks are ok - not crazy on pinstripes but other swatches could be good - but I really dig the masks. Given we see a sim without one, I assume they're a separate accessory like glasses, and I could use them in a variety of ways! But I don't like the swirly magical lights; it's not what I assumed the society would be, and I don't like a lot of the goofy visual FX like the stars that appear when you swing a toddler around. I'll mod the FX out, or not use the society, depending on what else it has going on.

CAS: A few of the hairstyles are ugly to me, but I like most of the clothing and shoes I've seen. Looks like a decent amount that isn't stamped with university logos, too, though I always tend to think male sims could use more.

Build/Buy: I like to build, a lot, so I'm always interested in new Build/Buy content. I really like the mini-fridge, a couple of the shelving units and the apple wall clock I've seen. And it looks like columns might work like railings, now, where if you stack them they'll join - given a guru said they're not two-story columns, I assume you could put them up your entire house and the bases join to form one long column.

Bikes: Didn't mention these, but I like that they're there - I just really wish kids could use them. But at least their existence opens up the potential for a mod that lets kids ride bikes.

• Keyona121PKeyona121P Posts: 122 Member
    I’m interested in
    -Dorms (Just really hoping there’s no loading screens involved)
    -Roommates (Hopefully the patch let’s us have them in other worlds too)
    -Exploring both of the campuses (They both look so beautiful!)
    -Loans/Scholarships

Not really interested in
    -Secret societies (Just doesn’t look like something I would like lol)
    -Robots (I know everyone is soo excited about them, but I wasn’t a fan in other games and I don’t see the need)
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,351 Member
    It's mostly the Build/Buy items that got me to switch from "Maybe" to "Eventually" (And admittedly, a closer "eventually" than Moschino, which I actively want that camera... but there are other things I want first.) The Mini-Fridge, some of the posters, the items in the Cafetera (assuming they're available for use elsewhere) All of those (and plenty more) are things I think I can use outside of a campus setting.

Otherwise..

The new careers - especially teacher. There are a lot of teachers in my RL family, so I'm happy to see that as an option. And the Lawyer career sounds interesting too. (Nothing against the engineering one, just the other two got my attention more.)

The secret society - though this could end up being a bit of a nope once the guides to it come out, depending on how it's set up. (I'm not expecting them to cover it much in the livestream. After all, it's a secret society.)

And... actually, that's about it. I've a more than mild interest in this pack, but "excited" is far too strong a word. It looks overall interesting and useful, but I can't say how much until after the livestream.

There's nothing I can think of that I'm specifically not looking forward to, but that may change. I highly doubt anything will be deal breaking.
    bizuktag wrote: »
    LiELF wrote: »

Which is a good idea! And you went more in-depth than I did, so I'll add a little bit extra to my thoughts:

Secret Society: I think the cloaks are ok - not crazy on pinstripes but other swatches could be good - but I really dig the masks. Given we see a sim without one, I assume they're a separate accessory like glasses, and I could use them in a variety of ways! But I don't like the swirly magical lights; it's not what I assumed the society would be, and I don't like a lot of the goofy visual FX like the stars that appear when you swing a toddler around. I'll mod the FX out, or not use the society, depending on what else it has going on.

CAS: A few of the hairstyles are ugly to me, but I like most of the clothing and shoes I've seen. Looks like a decent amount that isn't stamped with university logos, too, though I always tend to think male sims could use more.

Build/Buy: I like to build, a lot, so I'm always interested in new Build/Buy content. I really like the mini-fridge, a couple of the shelving units and the apple wall clock I've seen. And it looks like columns might work like railings, now, where if you stack them they'll join - given a guru said they're not two-story columns, I assume you could put them up your entire house and the bases join to form one long column.

Bikes: Didn't mention these, but I like that they're there - I just really wish kids could use them. But at least their existence opens up the potential for a mod that lets kids ride bikes.

Thanks for sharing. :)

I agree that males can always use more clothing and also that the hairstyles are kind of bland. But I thought I saw more hairstyles in one of the trailers and one of them looked like a new long, wavy hair so I'm hoping my eyes didn't deceive me.
    #Team Occult
  • dearie_blossomdearie_blossom Posts: 707 Member
    Loans and roommates... that‘s pretty much it. I hope they won‘t be exclusive to the University world though.
  • cheesetruckcheesetruck Posts: 2,518 Member
    Robots! They look and seem pretty cool.
  • scoedscoed Posts: 91 Member
    What I am looking forward to in order of importance to me.

Robotics skill- this here is the only reason I am buying this pack. Robots are cool. When the Simgurus said we can have one join the family with much work and difficulty I knew I was getting it.

Student Debt- I love the concept of debt in the game. The added difficulty of having student loans appeals to me.

The Repo Man- I love the quirkiness of the past sim games NPCs. I am glad to see one return. Plus a bit of added risk is a good thing.

New Deaths- I collect The Sims 4 deaths. I have an old save with every type of ghost from every type of death in the game. I just have to keep the collection up. It is the hardest thing to do in the game in my opinion to collect all the ghosts. Fun too. Now if they can tell us what they are.

Shower Woohoo- I like to have my sims explore there inner woohoo-al being.

New scientific looking build/buy objects- I like making labs, what can I say?

The Secret Society and their robes- I like fantasy looking stuff so the robes are a hit with me. Plus I loved the secret society in The Sims 2.

Now there are things I am disappointed with or just don't want.

More Rabbit Holes- I am majorly bummed to learn the University classes is nothing but a depressing boring rabbit hole. Never been a fan rabbit holes in the game. Don't want more. Especially since most of my sims going to university will be single family-less sims leaving me nothing to do but watch the paint dry while my sim is in class.

Bikes- They do nothing for me. Plus I can see NPC bikes cluttering up neighborhoods like I have seen boats do in Island Living. Also it could make meeting NPCs harder. Not a fan.

The way they have revealed this pack- Serously I almost cancelled my preorder. I am glad they are talking and communicating now but when companies are not talking about there products after reveal it is not a good sign. Especially when they normally are much more communicative.
  • mischiefluvermischiefluver Posts: 738 Member
    I am interested in the main concept of sending my sims to university (I am curious about what advantage this will provide) and I always love exploring new worlds and getting more lots to build on (or fill up with gallery finds). I am really hoping for a couple of empty 40x30 lots. Fingers crossed!

I am not interested in the clothing; it looks like there isn't much and what I have seen is pretty basic.
  • AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    I’m looking forward to everything.
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

scoed wrote: »
    What I am looking forward to in order of importance to me.

Robotics skill- this here is the only reason I am buying this pack. Robots are cool. When the Simgurus said we can have one join the family with much work and difficulty I knew I was getting it.

Student Debt- I love the concept of debt in the game. The added difficulty of having student loans appeals to me.

The Repo Man- I love the quirkiness of the past sim games NPCs. I am glad to see one return. Plus a bit of added risk is a good thing.

New Deaths- I collect The Sims 4 deaths. I have an old save with every type of ghost from every type of death in the game. I just have to keep the collection up. It is the hardest thing to do in the game in my opinion to collect all the ghosts. Fun too. Now if they can tell us what they are.

Shower Woohoo- I like to have my sims explore there inner woohoo-al being.

New scientific looking build/buy objects- I like making labs, what can I say?

The Secret Society and their robes- I like fantasy looking stuff so the robes are a hit with me. Plus I loved the secret society in The Sims 2.

Now there are things I am disappointed with or just don't want.

More Rabbit Holes- I am majorly bummed to learn the University classes is nothing but a depressing boring rabbit hole. Never been a fan rabbit holes in the game. Don't want more. Especially since most of my sims going to university will be single family-less sims leaving me nothing to do but watch the paint dry while my sim is in class.

Bikes- They do nothing for me. Plus I can see NPC bikes cluttering up neighborhoods like I have seen boats do in Island Living. Also it could make meeting NPCs harder. Not a fan.

The way they have revealed this pack- Serously I almost cancelled my preorder. I am glad they are talking and communicating now but when companies are not talking about there products after reveal it is not a good sign. Especially when they normally are much more communicative.

I love how you "collect new deaths", lol. I've wanted to do the same thing for a while but still haven't got around to it. I haven't really explored ghosts much but always wanted to have one of each death type to see what the effects do.

I understand what you mean about rabbit holes because I can't stand the rabbit hole venues of Sims 3. But I don't mind career and school/class rabbit holes, probably because the game goes on ultra speed and gets to the end of it, and I usually play more than one Sim at a time so it gives me some breathing room to focus on someone else. Also, I'm used to the Sims 2 University style, which also had rabbit hole classes but I had a blast with it. Sorry you're disappointed. :( Maybe there will be something that makes up for it.
    #Team Occult
  • JerrelloJerrello Posts: 896 Member
    A 50% off discount.
  • jadonbakesjadonbakes Posts: 294 Member
    edited November 2019
    I have to say: I wasn't really looking forward to a University pack. But this has a TON of cool stuff. Loans?! Evil Robots?! Engineering and Law careers?! Secret Society (which looks cooler than all of RoM, if you ask me)?! Plus I have a suspicion that we will get duplexes or buildable apartments (based on the image in the gameplay trailer of off-campus housing: a second set of stairs on the outside of the house? Seems like a second floor apartment!). Nkc8g4S.png
  • BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    wow...i'm interested in just everything. Number one is Robots, number two the degrees. <3
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • SimTresaSimTresa Posts: 3,210 Member
    edited November 2019
    In no particular order:
    Bicylces
    Shower woohoo
    debates
    New teacher and lawyer careers.
    13 majors!
    Two-story columns.
    Toddlers visiting.
    Some of the new clothes. Though... Julia's outfit actually reminds me more of High School than College. I actually had a jean jumper like that and wore my hair the same away. Also, jeans with 4 buttons, though that did last until college.
    image.png
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    Looking forward to:
    Secret Societies
    The CAS stuff
    The new world
    The array of majors to choose from (I cried when I saw history as one of the majors seeing as that's what my degree is in)

Dislike:
    Loans (really? I deal with them in real life. No fun)
    Possible repo man
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,410 Member
    I am looking forward to :
    - robots the main reason why I want this pack. I have been wishing for robots for so long. I hope they will tell us more in the livestream. I just hope they are not all evil
    - Bycicles, still hoping children are included but I think they would have confirmed it by now if children were included
    - dorm life
    - secret society
    - new world
    - family being able to visit campus, including toddlers
    - two distinctly different universities with all majors available in both
    - new CAS
    - new BB

What I don't care about :
    - shower woohoo
    - a possible new death
    - juice keg/juice pong
    - Murphy bed (probably not included but they have been mentioned so often on this forum and don't share their fascination )
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    edited November 2019
    Right now, I'm mostly looking forward to the live stream. I've been looking up as much info as I could find last night (haven't been following this quite as actively as usually) which has helped soothe my nerves a little. I'm still very slightly worried but there does seem to be a lot of good. I think / hope the livestream will get me to being really excited for it.

What I'm looking forward to for now:
    - Repoman + loans
    - Bikes
    - Robots and all robotics related stuff
    - The many new majors
    - The debate club
    - Secret society
    - Study groups
    - New world
    - 2 new universities instead of one
    - 3 new careers (although I hope that they're at least semi-active, unlike lifeguard in IL)
    - Shower woohoo
    - Cafeteria (lot?)
    - Roommates
    - Dorms
  • Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    I've played The Sims since the first iteration was released. I have never owned all the packs to them though until EA/Maxis gave TS2 Ultimate collection to players. TS4 was out by then though (I think) and I only played it once and haven't touched it since. I don't know if TS1 had a University pack, if it did, I never played it. Likewise with TS2, I didn't own it. Also, I've never played TS3.

So, what that means is, the thing I'm most looking forward to in Discover University is, well, everything It'll be a brand new playing experience for me! I have watched James Turner's Let's Play for TS2 University, have picked up a few things about it over the years and by reading threads here though so I'm not completely clueless. ;)

I guess you could say I'm like this kid that's heard about Harry Potter or Star Wars all their life but never read the books or watched the movies themselves. And yes, I know, I know, there's no comparison between Discover University and experiencing Harry Potter/Stars Wars for the first time. It's just a silly analogy. :p

I just know it's going to be fun for me, no matter what it includes/doesn't include. I do have a few things that are more intriguing to me and happy to see others returning such as;

1. Robots! Never, ever played with them in the Sims. Very excited for them!
    2. Happy to see toilet stalls returning.
    3. The mini fridge is going to be great for my more disadvantaged Sims.
    4. Bikes! Again, never experienced those in The Sims. It would be nice if children were able to ride them too, but I know my teens/YA will enjoy them if they can't.
    5. The Secret Society looks interesting and different from TS2. The SS in that was the Greek houses, I think..
    6. Student loans - that's brand new to everyone from what I've read.
    7. Return of the Repo Sim - IF we're even getting that at all, it's just implied from what Julia said in the trailer. Has it been confirmed? (I think it's true though)
    8. New Careers! - We've had a Teaching career before, but I believe Lawyer and Engineer are new?
    9. Shower Woo Hoo! Never experienced that either. lol

And last, but certainly not least, everything else in build/buy mode I haven't mentioned, CAS and the new neighborhood/world. Those things are always exciting to get in new packs. :)

Happy Simming! <3
  • WallSims4everWallSims4ever Posts: 755 Member
    Robotsssssssss
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    The possibility of evil Fernando Veleta (a sim in my game) gaining a villainy and creating a set of evil robots to take over the world?