Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Cafeteria?!

AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
5hwXfkQ.png

This screenshot shows what looks to be a cafeteria! How exciting is that haha. There’s so many community lots I would put this in.
ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

Post edited by AquaGamer1212 on

Comments

• TheIntrovertSimmerTheIntrovertSimmer Posts: 641 Member
    hopefully there is, that'd be a nice touch. hoping that juicer is functional but i think it's not.
    y'all got bread?
  • EdithVEdithV Posts: 859 Member
    I think the not all images part was referring to the sims facial expressions when Julia was telling her story as that’s when it flashed up. Could be wrong though
  • AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    hopefully there is, that'd be a nice touch. hoping that juicer is functional but i think it's not.

Ooh I didn’t even notice the juicer!

EdithV wrote: »
    I think the not all images part was referring to the sims facial expressions when Julia was telling her story as that’s when it flashed up. Could be wrong though

I hope so. It appeared when that same sim ran off in the first trailer so hopefully it just means the cutscenes.

• bizuktagbizuktag Posts: 552 Member
    I think "not all images" refers to the conversation happening between the main sims in this shot, rather than the cafeteria serving station we can see at the back.

If the common areas on campus can be edited, players could make a cafeteria. I don't think cafeteria will be a new venue type, but you'd probably be able to create something that's very like this in game.
    I wish our sims could have gotten lunch trays with their plates on it, that would have been a nice touch.

• catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    Looks like some new recipes.
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,351 Member
    Okay, so I'm seeing a soda fountain, a commercial buffet table (with a chef in attendance... Caterer?), bar height tables and bar chairs. I'm sure the table and chairs will be generally available through build/buy. I'm wondering about the other two.

May not be a new venue, but certainly stuff that could be used in certain venues. (A pavilion at a park, perhaps? Or adding a cafeteria room to a Library or a museum?)
  • SimmyFroggySimmyFroggy Posts: 1,762 Member
    Looks like some new recipes.

Not gonna lie, I chuckled when I saw the avocado toast.
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    The sims eating do have a drink of some kind, so, it's possible that it does supply juice with your meal. See, I can be positive. :)
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    The sims eating do have a drink of some kind, so, it's possible that it does supply juice with your meal. See, I can be positive. :)

Me too! I love getting new food items.

DaWaterRat wrote: »
    Okay, so I'm seeing a soda fountain, a commercial buffet table (with a chef in attendance... Caterer?), bar height tables and bar chairs. I'm sure the table and chairs will be generally available through build/buy. I'm wondering about the other two.

May not be a new venue, but certainly stuff that could be used in certain venues. (A pavilion at a park, perhaps? Or adding a cafeteria room to a Library or a museum?)

Exactly what I was thinking!

• aprilroseaprilrose Posts: 1,832 Member

Yup I believe that's what they're referring to.
    Simming for 19 years!
    Family Tree
    Playing Mod & CC Free

aprilrose wrote: »

Yup I believe that's what they're referring to.

Thank you 💙

• BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    I sure hope we're getting this! I'm so excited for it.
    If anyone know of a mod to make sims eat longer please direct me to it 🙈 I know they have one to make it shorter. It annoys me how fast one sim is eating food before the rest of my sims can start so they never really have a meal together. Plus I enjoy watching them eat.
    Now that we are getting a cafeteria I really want them to take their time eating.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • FurSimsOfficialFurSimsOfficial Posts: 2,362 Member
    Am I the only one who does not see a screenshot in this thread?
  • lexus20lexus20 Posts: 1,302 Member
    I'm pretty sure the juice dispenser and the buffet table are one big object, and it probably works the same way as food stalls from other packs.
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,712 Member
    edited November 2019
    I hope that the cafeteria is in the game. It would be odd to create those objects otherwise.

But I can't help but notice that they all have glasses on the tables, sims never drink anything with their meal unless you specifically tell them to. So all those sims are probably placed manually to look like they are all eating.
  • dearie_blossomdearie_blossom Posts: 707 Member
    I hope the objects will be available in build and buy so we can add them to active career lots (police station, science lab, etc.)
    logion wrote: »
    I hope that the cafeteria is in the game. It would be odd to create those objects otherwise.

But I can't help but notice that they all have glasses on the tables, sims never drink anything with their meal unless you specifically tell them to. So all those sims are probably placed manually to look like they are all eating.

I assume it’s gonna be like dine out where when you get your meal you get a drink with it, which is why the soda fountain is there. You pick the meal you want and go sit down. But like I mentioned before I didn’t see trays which are a bummer.

• SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    This really excited me too so I hope it's in there <3 I guess so though, if it isn't, that would be extremely off-putting.
  • EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,927 Member
    'Not all images appear in game’ probably means that sims in cafeteria won't sit in one place and townies usually wear randomly generated outfits.
    I'm sure cafeterias will be a thing in this expansion pack.