Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

sims CAN take a bicycle ride wherever

simgurufrost has confirmed we'd be able to use them wherever.

and bikes aren't limited to them roads like y'all what am talking about. imagine strolling through the beaches of brindleton bay and pinnacles of del sol valley. that'd be nice.

still no news for them kids tho.

y'all got bread?

Comments

• s1mszzangs1mszzang Posts: 797 Member
    Yay!!! <3
  • JemmaTheSimmerJemmaTheSimmer Posts: 387 Member
    It will probably be like going for a jog, or the go here option I'm guessing. I'd be shocked if they were tied to the world. The only reason swimming was is that it was it is dependent on the new ocean water. Bikes aren't dependent on any type of road/path/etc. so no new work would be required to make it work in pre-existing worlds over the new ones, using the existing walking/jogging paths or go here mechanism. At least that's what I'd guess.

Always happy for confirmation though :).
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member

and bikes aren't limited to them roads like y'all what am talking about. imagine strolling through the beaches of brindleton bay and pinnacles of del sol valley. that'd be nice.

Imagine riding them over that high bridge in Selvadarado.
  • TheIntrovertSimmerTheIntrovertSimmer Posts: 641 Member
    @catloverplayer or that huge park at san myshuno. oh mah god
    y'all got bread?
  • popstarsleypopstarsley Posts: 1,086 Member
    Yayyy!!! Why would they sleep on that info for so long, though? 🧐
  • TheIntrovertSimmerTheIntrovertSimmer Posts: 641 Member
    i've never expected to be this excited for an expansion since get famous. i have set my hopes for this pack unusually low, but not gonna lie, this pack might be actually cool and everything. im crying i cant breathe...
    y'all got bread?
  • paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    Finally, the first bit of good news from this pack; but now comes the next question, "Can kids ride bikes?"
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,186 Member

This is a relief.
  • bizuktagbizuktag Posts: 552 Member

Probably because kids can't ride them. Maybe they'll make that possible in a free update somewhere along the line, though...

• mrkingvmrkingv Posts: 103 Member
    Finally, the first bit of good news from this pack; but now comes the next question, "Can kids ride bikes?"

Wouldn't hold my breath... Not only kids would need another animation set, but a different object as well (kids bike). Sadly.
    GKOVUiH.png

Forum Discussion • Read it HERE
  • DragonCat159DragonCat159 Posts: 1,896 Member
    edited November 2019
    Sounds still ambiguous. Wherever for all it could mean is "anywhere in University worlds". If they did manage to do it (which sounds to good to be truth), then oOf past PR (wouldn't be suprising, because they done it in the past). Not to shower parade, but the opportunities where they could have done modification in all worlds for features to work in them cross-pack (like ocean swimming, which is yet inclusive to all worlds) would need to be justify for why they're absent (cars???? CAW????). I mean I very cleary remember a guru told that world's cannot be altered because that may lead to save file corruption because of said modification. So, was that a lie / misinformation of a dev?
    NNpYlHF.jpg
  • gemjasgemjas Posts: 211 Member
    Sounds still ambiguous. Wherever for all it could mean is "anywhere in University worlds".

Nah, the question specifically mentioned Willow Creek, making it clear that the person asking the question meant anywhere as in all worlds. If the answer was no, then they'd ignore that particular phrasing of the question.

And bike riding would work just like jogging, I'd imagine. There isn't much they'd need to do to make that work.
  • SimmyFroggySimmyFroggy Posts: 1,762 Member
    edited November 2019
    Sounds still ambiguous. Wherever for all it could mean is "anywhere in University worlds". If they did manage to do it (which sounds to good to be truth), then oOf past PR (wouldn't be suprising, because they done it in the past). Not to shower parade, but the opportunities where they could have done modification in all worlds for features to work in them cross-pack (like ocean swimming, which is yet inclusive to all worlds) would need to be justify for why they're absent (cars???? CAW????). I mean I very cleary remember a guru told that world's cannot be altered because that may lead to save file corruption because of said modification. So, was that a lie / misinformation of a dev?

I don't know, "wherever" in response to the question that was asked (uni world only or also WC or others) isn't ambiguous to me at all. Wherever means both uni world and other worlds. If it was in response to "only campus or other places too", I'd understand that it might mean "Britechester only" but not here.

They very likely didn't need to alter worlds: Sims will be able to bike on existing jogging and walking routes. Water in non-Sulani worlds wasn't initially designed for Sims to go into it so it would've needed a redesign: adding routes for Sims to move on, making sure they *swim* there and don't end up looking like they're walking in water.
    Cars would also require a redesign of the existing roads (make sure FX cars don't move through the interactive ones, that trams don't crash into cars, that Sims don't start walking in the middle of the road...).
  • elelunicyelelunicy Posts: 2,004 Member
    I wonder by wherever, do they just mean whichever world (since the original question is just about which worlds bikes can be used in), or literally wherever Sims can route to.

In TS3 you could only ride bikes on the actual roads. It’s going to be a massive improvement if you can ride them to literally anywhere.
    qidpmcvgek8y.png
  • DragonCat159DragonCat159 Posts: 1,896 Member
    gemjas wrote: »
    Sounds still ambiguous. Wherever for all it could mean is "anywhere in University worlds".

Nah, the question specifically mentioned Willow Creek, making it clear that the person asking the question meant anywhere as in all worlds. If the answer was no, then they'd ignore that particular phrasing of the question.

And bike riding would work just like jogging, I'd imagine. There isn't much they'd need to do to make that work.

I pretty much seen how sims can jog. So basically, if in willow creek, your Sim would take a one round jog on a sidewalk ? That would be very anticlimactic.
    NNpYlHF.jpg
  • icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    Yeah, based on some early screenshots, it seems like bikes aren't exclusively ridden on roads, so I guess they don't really need a working road system in the world
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • scoedscoed Posts: 91 Member
    gemjas wrote: »

I pretty much seen how sims can jog. So basically, if in willow creek, your Sim would take a one round jog on a sidewalk ? That would be very anticlimactic.

Yes it is anticlimactic. Which is why I don't get the excitement. Bikes to me always looked like it worked exactly like jogging just with different animations. Since there are more efficient way to travel in game, I think it is a novelty that will lose it charm in my gameplay very quickly. I am glad others are enjoying the concept, though. Not everything needs to appeal to me.
  • happyopihappyopi Posts: 1,355 Member
    I never really got why that was a concern because in game mechanics, worlds all function the same (even dry Sulani) and it would require more work to program a world for bikes specifically.
    The easiest option probably was "if sims can walk by, there can be bikes".
    There are walk-by paths in the worlds already. Sims jogging don't take random routes.
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    happyopi wrote: »
    I never really got why that was a concern because in game mechanics, worlds all function the same (even dry Sulani) and it would require more work to program a world for bikes specifically.
    The easiest option probably was "if sims can walk by, there can be bikes".
    There are walk-by paths in the worlds already. Sims jogging don't take random routes.

I wonder if now we'll see Nancy Landgraab doing ride bys instead of walking by? :D
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    Finally good news.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • FurSimsOfficialFurSimsOfficial Posts: 2,362 Member
    edited November 2019
    Not bad! I also assume it is like a jog cause in that way you can literally use them anywhere.
    Knowing how The sims 4 operates.. I am sure kids cant use them. 'Too much' animation programming for EA to invest in.
  • Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    Since the gurus are replying only to questions about DU, that leaves a lot of room for speculation on what is going to be in the pre-DU update. We haven't heard one word about the content in the update yet. It's been confirmed bicycles are in the pack, but nothing about the kids being able to ride as well. The degrees will be set up so having a degree will impact the level at which a Sim starts a career, and seems to include all the careers we have so far. Including the ones that came in various packs. Those are not changes being made to the base game. Those changes are pack-dependent, and will only be available to players who buy DU. So there is no way to know if kids will have bikes in the update, or not. It is probably a stretch to think it is possible, but the teams have surprised us before with new content in updates. Keep the hope alive. It could happen.
  • sillehbeesillehbee Posts: 704 Member
    edited November 2019
    bizuktag wrote: »

Probably because kids can't ride them. Maybe they'll make that possible in a free update somewhere along the line, though...

Didn't they give off the impression at some point that they were changing the water in other worlds to be swimmable with IL? That never happened, so I wouldn't bank on them adding anything later for UD features.
  • Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    You're right @sillehbee, the gurus did say they were working on it, but no news on that happening yet. They do a lot of updates for the base game, but adding new content that expands on features from past packs has not happened very often. If EA is smart, they'll release a pack next year that does expand on activities for kids, and adds to family activities as well. Activities for kids and families is pretty high on many players' list of most wanted new content. There hasn't been much of anything added for that age group since Seasons, so we're due for something new.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    I wonder if sims can bike during blizzards.