Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

THE one & only Discover University complaining thread!

Comments

• mikamika Posts: 1,733 Member
    2fab4uboo wrote: »
    mika wrote: »
    XxAirixX wrote: »
    It isn't even out yet nor have we gotten a live stream or all the info.

Sad, isn't it? Some people just enjoy complaining and expecting the worse. They'll never be satisfied until the Sims 4 ends. Then they'll complain about the next iteration.

This is a COMPLAINING THREAD So why are you here? I'm tired of people coming to a thread that was made specifically for people to complain and then getting upset that people are complaining. No one forced you to come here.

People come onto the happy play / positive threads and still complain. We're just as tired of you.
  • JerrelloJerrello Posts: 896 Member
    LuvMySimz wrote: »
    All classes are rabbit holes. That’s lame. Thirteen majors but I believe some repeat like the arts and every one is a rabbit hole.

But never mind because your sims can party! And wear horrible outfits to show school pride. (Seriously EA!?)

Right! Why am I not surprised ..sigh..

I knew that from the 1st trailer. The whole point of the game is not in the game. There’s no way I’m paying full price for this garbage, if I buy it all. They know they can make a fortune off of selling us nothing basically. I bet paralives won’t have rabbit hole classes lol

• jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,860 Member
    This has probably already been noted, but I watched the new video yesterday, that showed the interior of the dorm rooms. Definitely getting a city living apartment like vibe. And given that they showed three styles with regular beds, I'd say bunk beds are definitely not in. That is very disappointing.

I'm not so much into the University playing as much as the build buy, but I'm also sad for the people who ARE, that the classes are rabbit holes. This is a very underwhelming pack.
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • ironknight35ironknight35 Posts: 3,751 Member
    I feel that DU is going to be very shallow (like most of the packs). I'll probably get DU, but I'll wait until it's on sale for $20. I never buy packs at full price. I don't hate TS4, but I just don't enjoy it as much as the older games.
    He/Him
  • babajaynebabajayne Posts: 1,866 Member
    babajayne wrote: »
    Still not impressed...
    I didn't see any classes...I just saw glorified hanging out and goofing off.

But I am kinda glad we may get to bring toddlers.
    I agree.
    Even though it’s neat that toddlers won’t hold any sims back from attending university, I don’t see how that’s “Life Goals!” as exclaimed in the trailer.

Why, I dislike the wording.Im glad there not stigmaing against's young mom's for getting education.
    The character, Julia, was already in college with no baby. The goal would be to get through school while she can focus on her studies and her own growth. Nice to know a toddler wouldn’t hold her back in the future, but that’s not a GOAL is what I’m saying.
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,528 Member
    My big concern has been the dorms, and it looks like what I have been fearing:
    City Living based dorms with very little room for creativity.

In TS2 and TS3 University, the biggest contributor to my enjoyment were my custom dorms.
    There is off-campus living, but these look to be simply rental homes.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • EdithVEdithV Posts: 859 Member

Sad, isn't it? Some people just enjoy complaining and expecting the worse. They'll never be satisfied until the Sims 4 ends. Then they'll complain about the next iteration.

This is a COMPLAINING THREAD So why are you here? I'm tired of people coming to a thread that was made specifically for people to complain and then getting upset that people are complaining. No one forced you to come here.

People come onto the happy play / positive threads and still complain. We're just as tired of you.

To be fair that is true, I went on the island living happy thread and loads of people came on there to complain about the game. People need to be respectful of the threads intended purposes.
    So this thread is for those to complain, I have so myself and people have every right to but in the future when there is a happy thread please don’t ruin those people’s time either, it has to cut both ways. Let’s be civil to each other unless someone is being truly hateful there’s no need to be on the attack just because someone does/doesn’t like the game.

On very few occasions I’ve used the ignore feature on this site to skip over posters who I feel don’t add to the discussion and just spread judgement about those who are expressing opinions and feedback. You could do the same.
  • DragonCat159DragonCat159 Posts: 1,896 Member
    edited November 2019
    Still not impressed...

I agree.
    Even though it’s neat that toddlers won’t hold any sims back from attending university, I don’t see how that’s “Life Goals!” as exclaimed in the trailer.

Why, I dislike the wording.Im glad there not stigmaing against's young mom's for getting education.
    The character, Julia, was already in college with no baby. The goal would be to get through school while she can focus on her studies and her own growth. Nice to know a toddler wouldn’t hold her back in the future, but that’s not a GOAL is what I’m saying.
    That, but also it shows why you should not overestimate things marketed in trailer. I actually believe, from the voice actors implication, you could actually live with a toddler in university, before it was confirmed invalid by a guru. Not a big deal, but kinda takes away the convenience for storytelling. But maybe I'm underrating how actually pre-existing bring a Sim mechanic works (perhaps your toddler can stay indefinitely regardless what happens with no interfarance??)
    NNpYlHF.jpg
    Still not impressed...

I agree.

That, but also it shows why you should not overestimate things marketed in trailer. I actually believe, from the voice actors implication, you could actually live with a toddler in university, before it was confirmed invalid by a guru. Not a big deal, but kinda takes away the convenience for storytelling. But maybe I'm underrating how actually pre-existing bring a Sim mechanic works (perhaps your toddler can stay indefinitely regardless what happens with no interfarance??)
    Thanks for making this point. I saw that guru post, too, and thought - so they basically lied in the trailer? Or does that mean that sims living in Willow Creek (for example) can still attend university? But if not, that’s kind of sad she has to live apart from her child. Definitely not #lifegoals :(

• SimmyFroggySimmyFroggy Posts: 1,762 Member
    Still not impressed...

I agree.

The trailer didn't seem to imply to me that you could have toddlers live in dorms. Which is the thing that the guru said wasn't possible (on campus living). You can still live off campus and then your Sim's kids can live with them and bring them to the campus library, canteen etc. (probably, we'll see how well the whole "studying while not being a single YA Sim" thing is implemented)
    SimGuruFrost said:
    “Toddlers can visit campus, but you can’t live in University housing with your baby/toddler.”
    I think “University housing” could mean just dorms, or it could include any place you can live in the university world. It’s kind of vague, I think.
  • somewhsomesomewhsome Posts: 910 Member
    Still not impressed...

I agree.

Thanks for making this point. I saw that guru post, too, and thought - so they basically lied in the trailer? Or does that mean that sims living in Willow Creek (for example) can still attend university? But if not, that’s kind of sad she has to live apart from her child. Definitely not #lifegoals :(

I thought that mean your sims can't live in dorms with kids or other family members, but can in rented houses near Uni. It makes sense for me, dorms seem to have shared rooms, so your roommate may not want to live with fussy toddler. 😁
    somewhsome wrote: »
    Still not impressed...

I agree.

I thought that mean your sims can't live in dorms with kids or other family members, but can in rented houses near Uni. It makes sense for me, dorms seem to have shared rooms, so your roommate may not want to live with fussy toddler. 😁
    If that’s really what it means, cool.
    But I need something more explicit to be sure. I’ve been fooled in the past by the careful way they word things. I don’t assume to know their definition of University housing.
  • DragonCat159DragonCat159 Posts: 1,896 Member
    edited November 2019
    Still not impressed...

I agree.

The trailer didn't seem to imply to me that you could have toddlers live in dorms. Which is the thing that the guru said wasn't possible (on campus living). You can still live off campus and then your Sim's kids can live with them and bring them to the campus library, canteen etc. (probably, we'll see how well the whole "studying while not being a single YA Sim" thing is implemented)

Not per say. But the voice actor did kind of make it sound like it's game changing big deal, with all that absurdly-enthusiastic attitude. Life goal to babysit toddler for few hours? Not that I'm know, but I wonder If this was already in TS3 is one form (by inviting a household with one over to visit from the home-world they're in)? If so, well darn TS4 really offers again no innovation in recent packs.
    NNpYlHF.jpg
  • SimmyFroggySimmyFroggy Posts: 1,762 Member
    Still not impressed...

I agree.

Not per say. But the voice actor did kind of make it sound like it's game changing big deal, with all that absurdly-enthusiastic attitude. Life goal to babysit toddler for few hours? Not that I'm know, but I wonder If this was already in TS3 is one form (by inviting a household with one over to visit from the home-world they're in)? If so, well darn TS4 really offers again no innovation in recent packs.

It wasn't possible in the previous versions of University, as far as I know. So in terms of that, it is a big deal that Sims can have kids AND attend university.
    And the life goal? Being able to continue one's education, matter the family situation. Being able to balance family life with studies. At the point of the trailer, Julia is trying to get back on track and the Sim who's doing it with a toddler is "life goals" in that she can do it even with extra responsibilities.

(also, since when is taking care of one's own child "babysitting"?)
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    I'm one of those people that love to say I TOLD YOU SO so, I told you so. Classes are indeed rabbit holes. And what about a rabbit hole class takes any time management at all? You get a pop up in the morning that ART class begins in an hour and you click SEND and off they pop. In the afternoon, you get another pop up that says PSYCHOLOGY begins in an hour and you click SEND and off they pop. What's hard about that. What requires any time management at all? Do all the classes overlap for some weird reason? Oh wait, they probably think you'll have your sims out playing solo soccer or riding their bikes from campus to campus.

Based on the slang sales pitch and the time management required to get to a rabbit hole class, they must think you guys are pretty stupid. Of course, they do think that no one but us old fogies would notice that the gameplay trailer showed no gameplay at all, so, they obviously don't think much of their target buyers. But, as long as you're happy with a $40 Game Pack, enjoy.
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    I'm one of those people that love to say I TOLD YOU SO so, I told you so. Classes are indeed rabbit holes. And what about a rabbit hole class takes any time management at all? You get a pop up in the morning that ART class begins in an hour and you click SEND and off they pop. In the afternoon, you get another pop up that says PSYCHOLOGY begins in an hour and you click SEND and off they pop. What's hard about that. What requires any time management at all? Do all the classes overlap for some weird reason? Oh wait, they probably think you'll have your sims out playing solo soccer or riding their bikes from campus to campus.

Based on the slang sales pitch and the time management required to get to a rabbit hole class, they must think you guys are pretty stupid. Of course, they do think that no one but us old fogies would notice that the gameplay trailer showed no gameplay at all, so, they obviously don't think much of their target buyers. But, as long as you're happy with a $40 Game Pack, enjoy.

Yes I thought this would happen, hence the silence. do you think you’ll still buy the game or are you thinking about it?
  • mikamika Posts: 1,733 Member
    edited November 2019
    gemjas wrote: »

Was it a "happy thread" or was it a general thread? If the topic doesn't specifically say that it's a "positive only" space, then all opinions should be welcomed. And, if I'm not mistaken, a quick glance at the first page of this forum shows that there are no positive only threads. This thread, however, very clearly states its purpose. I'm not sure why you, and others like you, felt the need to invade the only space clearly not meant for you, just to try and invalidate others. Next time, just skip this thread and keep it moving.

It was specifically a happy play thread, and there was an old thread about what people love about TS4 that got closed due to complainers arguing.

I came to point out hyocrisy, because I can't go on a positive thread yet without the same negative people popping up and attacking the rest of us for how we choose to spend our money. That's all. I didn't try to refute complaints, I am stating a fact.
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    EdithV wrote: »

Yes I thought this would happen, hence the silence. do you think you’ll still buy the game or are you thinking about it?

Oh, I'll buy the game. I've waited five years for UNIbots and it will take more than my disappointment in this pack to keep me from buying it. The next pack might be different tho'.

Look, I love the Sims. I've played it from day one, for almost twenty years. So my expectations are high because I know what they can do. I want them to succeed. I want great packs that are worth the price. This one, so far, does not seem to be worth it. No innovative gameplay to speak of (they think a group of sims kicking around soccer balls alone together is a sport) and so much reused gameplay. Where's the new? Where's the wow? Where's the ideas that they claim they have?

If they want to continue to create more packs for S4, great bring them on. They claim to have too many ideas that they want to do, great, bring them on. They claim that they are still so passionate about this game that they want to be more creative than ever before, great, bring it on. But, IMO, they didn't bring any of that in this pack. Now if they want to send me a free code so I can judge it personally, great, bring it on. I'll be honest. If it impresses me, I'll tell them. If it falls way short of the mark, I'll tell them that too, If it has good and bad, I'll tell them what I like and what I don't. But if I'm asked to shell out my limited money on an EP with less than a GP has, then it will be on my time and when I can justify buying it. But, buy it, eventually, I will. I just know, I just want, I just expect them to do better. As should everyone.
  • FurSimsOfficialFurSimsOfficial Posts: 2,362 Member
    SimGuruFrost said:
    “Toddlers can visit campus, but you can’t live in University housing with your baby/toddler.”
    I think “University housing” could mean just dorms, or it could include any place you can live in the university world. It’s kind of vague, I think.

This kind of reveals to me that this world is again locked to it's own features.
    Are dorms, roommates, apartments or any type of shared spaces again locked to this world only? No hope for building apartments or even rental lots is what I start to be worried about then. It looks like they just do not want to make these big changes and just keep stuffing us with low quality content untill The sims 4 is over and done.
    edited November 2019
    EdithV wrote: »

Oh, I'll buy the game. I've waited five years for UNIbots and it will take more than my disappointment in this pack to keep me from buying it. The next pack might be different tho'.

Look, I love the Sims. I've played it from day one, for almost twenty years. So my expectations are high because I know what they can do. I want them to succeed. I want great packs that are worth the price. This one, so far, does not seem to be worth it. No innovative gameplay to speak of (they think a group of sims kicking around soccer balls alone together is a sport) and so much reused gameplay. Where's the new? Where's the wow? Where's the ideas that they claim they have?

deleted
  • raybigbearraybigbear Posts: 369 Member
    I would say my only disappointment so far is the fact that dorms are pretty much just city living apartments. Probably loading screens between dorm rooms too. :/
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,392 Member
    I'm not too bothered about classes being rabbitholes though I dont blame those that are.