Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Repo Man is back

Comments

• VamprisVampris Posts: 1,127 Member
    edited November 2019
    Do you miss the repo man? The repo man, the repo man
    Well not anymore cause hopefully he is coming back.
    Jerrello wrote: »
    If he is, he’s going to have to “catch these hands” with my hot tempered Sims lol side note: sounds fun
    They should def put that in the game, fight the repo man for the right to keep your stuff. You win and he gives you another week (and also maybe gives a cheesy line about meddling kids)
    EMrBkJP.png
  • InuMiroLoverInuMiroLover Posts: 1,184 Member
    edited November 2019
    Repo Sim coming back?

GOOD. Pay ya sim's bills instead of buying that TV they couldn't afford. I welcome anything that isnt about making a rich and easy sim's life even more rich and easy.
  • Vivi_WillowTreeVivi_WillowTree Posts: 451 Member
    FINALLY
  • BradyGalaxyBradyGalaxy Posts: 306 Member
    Oh jeez. Oh well I guess. Honestly, I don't really care. Just pay your bills and he won't all over you.
    Proud simmer
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Every sim should be able to pay their bills. It's not like they have car insurance to pay for. :D
  • paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    Well the good news for people who don't want the repo man back is that a modder will surely make a mod that stops the repo man from ever generating, you can bet on it. ;)
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    I really hope this is true!
  • CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member
    There's several notices that pop up on screen before the utilities get cut, so I'm sure this will work the same way. If you don't have the money to pay the bills, you can't have the nicest things. If you cheat to get the TV then just cheat to pay the bills. Remembering isn't hard, you get warned often enough.
    Origin ID: Peapod79
  • izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    finally an added difficulty
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,122 Member
    Oh no Repo Man will be back. Be afraid, be very afraid, ha ha ha. Next will be the funny burglar. Lol
  • TX12001TX12001 Posts: 46 Member
    edited November 2019
    No way I let an NPC walk away with my sims unique photographs, paintings, collectables or birthday gifts from their relatives. Not even auntie Tina's ugly ornate plate.
    But I'm positive someone will find a way to get rid of him.

But such ways already exist, you could use the Spellcaster powers to turn him into a block of ice and leave him out in the middle of a blizzard, I do even wonder what happens if you place your valuables behind a Get Famous Vault, maybe you can go and lock him in one.
  • BobisbaeBobisbae Posts: 246 Member
    Sounds like the repo man is linked to the loan system. If you default on your loan he'll reposes something (like irl). I imagine the power and then water being shut off will remain linked to bills. If the repo man is linked to bills Ts4 does give plenty of reminders to pay the bills beforehand so it seems avoidable. Ts3 gave one reminder and next thing you knew it was repo time.
  • mikamika Posts: 1,733 Member
    Hated the repo man but it's a good thing there are consequences for not paying bills. Utilities being turned off would be good as well
  • mikamika Posts: 1,733 Member
    Repo Sim coming back?

GOOD. Pay ya sim's bills instead of buying that TV they couldn't afford. I welcome anything that isnt about making a rich and easy sim's life even more rich and easy.

They could also just use cheats to pay bills, that's what I do when I rather spend my sims hard earned money on something better :D
  • MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    Well I have a wall around my castles and mansions. I'd like to see the repo man get through that!
    And if he dares try to go after my Spell Casters I'm hoping I can use magic on him to dileriate and minionize the repossessor
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,528 Member
    Fantastic.
    Now how about those burglars?
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,093 Member
    XxAirixX wrote: »
    lisamwitt wrote: »
    Lionflash wrote: »
    I don't understand how people could be against the repo man?

Pay your bills, or cheat and pay your bills. They shut off your power, then plumbing; you have plenty of warning at each step. Do most people just play without paying bills or utilities?

No, but if I don't pay my bills they don't steal my stuff, they turn off whatever bill I didn't pay.

In real life if you don't pay for your house or car, they will take them. And it's not stealing. At least you can't lose your house in the game. Taking something like the toilet is about as close as they'll get to that, and it's funnier.

This is a game not real life so it doesn't work like that. In real life you can be evicted if you miss paying rent and you usually have to pay payments on cars. Even when the game had cars, you buy everything up front once and that's it, you own it. That is why Repo Men don't really work well in the game as they are stealing items that we own and paid for in full, not items they are collecting because we owe them money still and hadn't paid it off. They would have to allow sims to make payments and have us miss one for it to really work and not seem like theft (may as well just bring back burglars).

I get that perspective. It makes sense.

I've just always figured with Sims, it's like a down payment whenever you build or buy. Then you make payments on all of it to continue to have it. The more you build or buy, the higher the bills are. Even if you just add a few chairs or plants to your lawn.
    If we were only paying utilities, then I would think the bills would only be based on how many toilets, showers, sinks, and light fixtures you own.
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01
  • lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,093 Member
    If there was an option to pay my bill while the repo man was on lot then sure, but I hated it.

An option to bribe him to go away would be great!

Gallery ID: LadyGray01
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    Evie0602 wrote: »
    I hope it's not coming in the patch because I really don't want the repo man in my game.

I don't either.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • netney52netney52 Posts: 1,214 Member
    edited November 2019
    As much as I hated the repo man this is the only npc I don’t mind returning as it has better repercussions of not paying bills to the current no electrics and it’s the only npc (except the raccoon) that I miss from sims 1&3
  • aleki_Shadimealeki_Shadime Posts: 27 Member
    I'm really happy to see the repo man back. I'm so sick of feeling like everything in the sims 4 is on easy mode. If the repo man is only related to the loans system I'll be disappointed.
  • MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,750 Member
    So does that mean a CAS sim who isn't going to university is going to be able to take a loan for the house/lot?
    6adMCGP.gif
  • ShaeShae Posts: 303 Member
    Awesome! I'll just zap him with a magic spell (or two) if he tries to take my sim's stuff, and all will be well again. ;)
    Just a visually impaired gamer who enjoys taking ordinary Sims and making them extraordinary.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=WbRQP-PXDpA
  • paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    Now that I've had time to think about it, they never actually worded that someone will be generated to take your stuff. In reality all they can do is just program the game itself to take away your stuff and just write a notification saying that someone came in and took your stuff while you were away, etc. But this is all just a worst case scenario, right?

Also, how are you going to get that stuff back? Is there a guarantee you'll ever be getting it back? What if something bugs out and your stuff can't be retrieved and if they fix that it won't help you get your old stuff back but prevent any future repos? So basically tough luck then..? Don't expect those family heirlooms back if a bug like that happens. But of course this is all just worst case scenario stuff, there's no way such a terrible thing could ever occur, right? Right..? Right...
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member
    Now that I've had time to think about it, they never actually worded that someone will be generated to take your stuff. In reality all they can do is just program the game itself to take away your stuff and just write a notification saying that someone came in and took your stuff while you were away, etc. But this is all just a worst case scenario, right?

Also, how are you going to get that stuff back? Is there a guarantee you'll ever be getting it back? What if something bugs out and your stuff can't be retrieved and if they fix that it won't help you get your old stuff back but prevent any future repos? So basically tough luck then..? Don't expect those family heirlooms back if a bug like that happens. But of course this is all just worst case scenario stuff, there's no way such a terrible thing could ever occur, right? Right..? Right...

The repo man in past games never took personal items. You never got the item back, you just opened the buy catalogue and bought it again. (Once you had enough money, or cheated or sold a window if you needed the toilet). I'd hope they would code them the same here.

You've made me nervous now though, they've done some pretty wack things with TS4 and now I'm actually worried there's no repo man at all and it just zaps out like our toddlers when the social worker takes them. We don't have npc social workers actually bother to show up to claim our children, but they will put the effort in to have an npc take our stuff? It's actually a possibility that it works that way. :/
    Origin ID: Peapod79