Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Discover University Gameplay Trailer... Are you excited?

Hey everyone, I just watched the new gameplay trailer for Discover University and I have to say it was incredibly underwhelming for me. I thought the voice over was obnoxious and distracting taking away from the content. I felt like it spent too much time telling us about things rather than showing us.

I don't know. I'm still excited for a new expansion pack and will most likely get it on sale as I do with all the other packs, but this latest trailer just did nothing for me.

Did the trailer do anything for you guys? Let me know!

Comments

• ThePinkBookGirlThePinkBookGirl Posts: 437 Member
    The voiceover was weird, but I was excited about the addition of things like student loans. And the fact that slacking at school results in losing scholarships. That adds the realism and potential negative consequences that I keep wanting more of in my game.

I enjoyed the blog post where they elaborated on the types of degrees available and various activities that can be done on campus.
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,995 Member
    Underwhelming to say the least. The over zealous narrator didn't help. Also noticed that the degrees offered are the same at both schools, so much for them being distinctive. The activities are probably the same as well, though probably described differently to keep the deception going. At least there is some incentive to keep to one's studies, and the addition of loans adds to the reality of the whole thing.
  • JerrelloJerrello Posts: 896 Member
    Until I see active classes or careers..no. Most of everything else we can already do to some extent.
  • Aeroprincess87Aeroprincess87 Posts: 6,417 Member
    I wasn't excited until I realized that this EP will be adding back the ability for objects to get repossessed and adding in student loans. The more chaos, the better. So now I will happily pay for a bundle when this comes out.
  • popstarsleypopstarsley Posts: 1,086 Member
    I don’t know why it’s called a gameplay trailer. Unless you can flip the screen round and round, it really didn’t show much more gameplay than the first one.

Everyone’s comments about how it features a voiceover....all I have to say is thank the llamas I watched it with the sound off. Yeesh.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,393 Member
    The only thing it showed was more info on the careers,the cafeteria which I didn't know we were getting,toddlers visiting with their parent and the degrees. I'm still excited. Regarding toddlers they can't live at university with their parent they can only visit. Frost confirmed on Twitter.
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    The only thing it showed was more info on the careers,the cafeteria which I didn't know we were getting,toddlers visiting with their parent and the degrees. I'm still excited. Regarding toddlers they can't live at university with their parent they can only visit. Frost confirmed on Twitter.

I want to see either Mom riding to study at the library with friends and Todd Lur is riding on the handlebars or Mom riding to study and Todd Lur running behind. :D:D:D

It's drag your kid to Uni day! Show your school spirit and dress Todd Lur and Mom in school colors!

OMG! We need a Todd Lur toddler mascot costume to wear. We could have toddler wrestling matches between toddler mascots and place bets on who wins. Go, Fight, Win Todd Lur!
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    The trailer pushed me to hit the preorder button. I actually liked the voice over it was unique and "different" for a sims game. I like when they throw different things at us like strangerville. And the voice actor did a good job. I think it was put together nicely and I loved when they flashed the lobster 🤣
    Still hoping for active classes and teaching to complete my dream school but either way I was sold 🤫
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    I do wish they would finally give us new dance moves though! :#
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    YES! I can't understand not being excited. I'm just going to bullet-point everything I'm excited for because explaining it would take a lifetime.
    • The Secret Society
    • TPing
    • Dorm rooms.
    • NPC roommates (at least... I think they're NPC's...)
    • The cafeteria
    • Bikes
    • Debate
    • 13 different degrees to choose from.
    • The Foxbury and Britechester rivalry- that's going to be SUPER fun.
    • The CAS.

Okay, I'm done. For now.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• KatieSimKatieSim Posts: 71 Member
    I don't want to be a downer but a lot of that trailer featured alot of things we can already do..
    I thought Julia was signing at the end sitting at the table :p
  • aprilroseaprilrose Posts: 1,832 Member
    I'm even more excited after seeing the gameplay trailer. I adore the new buy objects and clothing. I can't wait to dive into this pack.
    Simming for 19 years!
    Family Tree
    Playing Mod & CC Free

• Hearts4uHearts4u Posts: 1,775 Member
    edited November 2019

@Babykittyjade
    I liked the voiceover too. I like the variety of the voices they use for the trailers. The Sims team did a good job to me. I also would like more dance moves and slow dancing.
    I-am-so-excited.jpg
    Origin ID: littlebonnieblue
  • IrdiwenIrdiwen Posts: 574 Member
    I loved it! The voice over, the degrees, the excitement. She talks about her first year in university and it gave me that vibe, just like I remember from my first year.

No, there’s not a lot of technical gameplay, but we can see that Friday. And I don’t mind. This is the kind of University I want my Sims to experience :smile: .
    Simmer since 2000! Sims 1, Sims, 2, Sims 3, Sims 4. Legacy player at heart.
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,422 Member
    edited November 2019
    The trailer is OK but doesn't get me really excited. It had a few nice surprises like student loans and transferring between universities. I also liked the studying mum, a nice touch to include. And the secret society... I loved that bit in sims 2.

But I hoped to see a bit more about robots. Can we fully control a robot if he joins a household? Is there any customization for robots with chips? And what about customising their appearance?
    And questions about the world, (are we getting different neighbourhoods, how many lots, new or locked lot types?) , dorms (are they like appartements?) and roommates (just for students or also for normal households?) remain unanswered for now. Hopefully they give more details in the livestream.

The voice over didn't bother me, except when she started rambling at the ending. It is not the first trailer with a voice over. As long as they don't actually have the sim speak English like they did in the strangerville trailer, I am fine with voice overs.
  • dearie_blossomdearie_blossom Posts: 707 Member
    I was hoping to see classes but again... nope.
  • BobisbaeBobisbae Posts: 246 Member
    The gamplay trailer didn't show much gameplay and that's exactly what happened with IL and RoM I'm not saying that says the pack will be bad or lackluster just that this is a clear promotional trend. Somone on twitter posted the gameplay trailer for Seasons and it was literally informative whereas this doesn't go into nearly as much detail.
  • PlumbobCrossingPlumbobCrossing Posts: 8,455 Member
    I loved the voiceover, I like that new approach they are taking with that, It’s different and refreshing. The trailer was amusing and it showed me enough. I’m a person I don’t want to know every little detail about the game until I play it so this was good enough. They can’t show us everything and the livestream is Friday so if I decide I want to know I’ll watch that. :) This is the most excited I have been for a pack to come out for this game other than when seasons was coming out. Lol