Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Questions about Discover University

124...Next

Comments

• CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited November 2019
    How many new aspirations?
    How many new careers for degrees?
    How many new skills?
    How many new whims?
    How many 'dorm rooms' in a house?
    How are dorm rooms locked and assigned?
    How many Sims can share a dorm room?
    How many branches in a new aspiration?
    How many branches in a new career?
    Why choose one college town over the other? What are the differences in choosing different college?
    Greek Houses? Official or make believe?
    Any open/handson teaching/tutoring assignments?
    How many basegame objects, jobs and aspiration assets are reused in this pack? Such as how many 'work out' requirements etc. that are already in basegame etc and already in other existing careers? In other words, how many reused assets and interactions and skills and tasks that already exist. Will 'programming' task be reused for any college assignment or new career?

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • LuvMySimzLuvMySimz Posts: 642 Member
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    Is dancing on counters and tables coming in this pack?

Will sims get special moodlets from drinking out of the keg and from juice pong?

Is there any new relationship ties in cas? Eg boy/girlfriend, engaged,friend,best friends etc.

Are we getting a chemistry and attraction feature with this pack?

Isn't dancing on tables something that came with Nightlife - not University?

Yes but they would do that when they had too much juice.

Sims in love loved slow dancing, still we don‘t have one.
    „ - Criticism may not be agreeable, but it's sometimes necessary - “

• catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,393 Member
    Is there any bodies of water sims can swim in in Brite Chester?
  • scoedscoed Posts: 91 Member
    What if any cross pack content (like new clubs, fun interactions with weather, or well anything directly caring about other packs) is there if any? I know the answer is very little or none but I can hope.
    What are the rewards for graduating with the different degrees?

What degrees is there?

What Universities offer what degrees?

What is the enrollment process like?

Costs of sending sims to University what are they?

Any scholarships? If so how do you earn them?

And can sims where the lobster costume and what unlock requirements if any to do so?
  • SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    From the gameplay trailer a sim had their toddler with them...still doesn’t answer if they can pregnant while there though
  • Claret1011Claret1011 Posts: 297 Member
    My big questions:

1) What ages can attend university?

2) What scholarships are available? (This one is more urgent cos I'm trying to get my teen ready but I don't know what to focus on!)
    What is the difference between distinguished degrees and degrees?
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,341 Member
    Is robotics club really locked to one uni and debate club to the other? (Because it looks like it in the trailer.)
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Where was the gameplay in the gameplay trailer? Let's see them answer that one.
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Do the robes and magical creatures and animations mean that there is a new lifestate other than UNIbots?
  • Phantasi33Phantasi33 Posts: 181 Member
    Can the loan system be used outside of applying to school? Like can our sims take out a loan to buy property like a vet clinic or restaurant?
  • purplestarz2006purplestarz2006 Posts: 340 Member
    1. Can our Sims bring their pets to university? (I in no way expect them to be allowed in dorms, but off-campus housing maybe?)
    2. The blog post mentioned a career scholarship if your Sim already has a job. Does that mean classes can be balanced with a full-time job, or does your Sim take a leave of absence of some kind while they're in school?
    3. Can Sims attend University and not move to the new world? Are commuter students a thing?
    4. What does going to University look like from a household management perspective? Do you enroll in your lot or from manage worlds?
    5. How many scholarships are there? Are we able to stack them?
    6. How long does it take to complete a degree? Is earning a degree going to take up all or most of my Sims YA years?
    TranquilityCreekBannerMaskssmall.jpg
  • SweetieWright_84SweetieWright_84 Posts: 4,128 Member
    Is the Psychology major going to also be a career option? Or is it part of another career?
    Gallery ID: SweetieWright_84--Save File Thread--Youtube Channel
    If I send one of my household sims to college then switch to another household and send them to college will they be able to meet each other?
    The bicycle question was answered by SimGuruFrost we can ride them anywhere.
  • dearie_blossomdearie_blossom Posts: 707 Member
    1. How long is a semester?
    2. How many semester until graduation?
    3. Is it possible to fail classes? Will it then take longer for our sims to graduate?
    4. Will we be able to send multiple sims to university?
    5. Will we have spring/summer/winter breaks?
    6. Can we visit our families in school breaks?
    7. Will loans and roommates be available in other worlds?
  • SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    @dearie_blossom regarding question 5 I don’t think there will be any breaks. Seasons didn’t bring any summer vacation, unless you made holidays to have school/work off. It will probably be open all season round, probably just not on holidays that have school turned off.
  • rudolpharudolpha Posts: 997 Member
    Can I send couples to university. Can I switch back to another rotation and return. If I have a freelance job and the never weary trait can my sim work while going to school. Can my vet sim bring her equipment to skill up on while at uni.
  • ldmarkoldmarko Posts: 5,487 Member
    edited November 2019
    Sorry if these have already been asked, but-

Is the town strictly student housing, or can families live there normally like any other neighborhood?
    Is a degree required to join the new careers?
    How do holidays affect the school term? I have Mondays & Tuesdays set as generic holidays, will the class schedule automatically work around that? (I play long life, so it's fine if it takes them longer to complete their courses)
    Can a sim attend university if they already have a career, or will they have to quit their jobs?
    edit to add-
    Will there be any new CAS items for all age groups, or just young adults?
    Gallery ID: LDM2
    edited November 2019
    If you have Seasons will our sims in college get off on holidays from the calandar? Eg Thankgiving and Christmas.

How are toddlers able to visit parents at college?
    edited November 2019
    Will skating rinks pop up in Britechester?
  • AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    ldmarko wrote: »
    Sorry if these have already been asked, but-

Is the town strictly student housing, or can families live there normally like any other neighborhood?
    Is a degree required to join the new careers?
    How do holidays affect the school term? I have Mondays & Tuesdays set as generic holidays, will the class schedule automatically work around that? (I play long life, so it's fine if it takes them longer to complete their courses)
    Can a sim attend university if they already have a career, or will they have to quit their jobs?
    edit to add-
    Will there be any new CAS items for all age groups, or just young adults?

I think if you have DU then certain careers should require a degree. Like the doctor career, you have to get a degree. Or maybe that would be a cool mod. On a if you don’t have DU the career will function as normal.
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• SorwaitteSorwaitte Posts: 11 New Member
    Late to this thread, but are there any cheats for the ping-pong or juice-pong skills?