Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4 Discover University - Gameplay trailer

Comments

• PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    I really want Julia to ship in the game. I think she'll be a great friend to the Sim that I'm going to be testing the EP with! :D
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,707 Member
    And this house is super cute.

ikswrFB.png
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    Omg I'm so excited!!! Never thought I would be interested in a pack like this but my ideas have been brewing since it was announced. I'm loving this trailer and it seems like we can be an active teacher?! Either way, yay!! Loans? Awesome it will give me a reason to make my lazy sim go to work lol. 🤭🤭🤭 can't wait for more info!!
    My only question is if we can attend classes or lectures? If not I'm still happy.
    The secret society looks the way I thought witches (spellcasters) would be lol.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member

ikswrFB.png

I like the masonry in the middle and the doors.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    Hmmm.
    I am kinda happy we may be able to bring toddlers to campus...
    Other than that....not...exactly impressed....to say...I really didn't see any classes...mostly just hanging out and goofing off at campus...
  • youilivefor92youilivefor92 Posts: 62 Member
    I personally am STOKED for this game after the trailer. I'm assuming everything mentioned is an actual part of the gameplay (i.e. scholarships and loans) and not just thrown in for story purposes and I couldn't be more pleased. I for one like some realism in my game and the opportunity to tell more in depth, realistic stories with my sims, and all of these additions make that seem like a real possibility. Totally in love with the ability to have kids w/your sim while they're in school. I just!!!! i Love the realism of it all and I'm so excited to start playing it....now I just have to figure out how to get it working on my new computer I just got...
    Cool that we get to bring toddlers on campus...
    but...yeah...ummm...didn't really see any classes...-shrug-
  • Phantasi33Phantasi33 Posts: 181 Member
    The trailer has me excited. I've never played University in any other iteration of the sims so this will be a first for me, so I don't have anything to gripe about. I'm looking forward to playing this and kinda wish this pack was out when I decided one of my sims wanted to be a vet, which of course would have required her to go to school for. It's been confirmed by one of the SimGuru's that there will be some buildable lots, so for everyone that says it doesn't look like the dorms are buildable, maybe build your own? I love the addition of the loan system, because realistically college isn't cheap, and not everyone can get a scholarship. It's definitely going to be interesting trying to send your kids off to college when you're already living on the edge of broke. I also, wonder if taking out a loan is only exclusive to when sims apply to school. It would be nice if the loan system extended to taking out a loan to buy property like a restaurant or vet clinic. Right now, I use a mod that allows my sims to take out loans. I like the option of either living on or off campus, and that you have a choice of 2 schools to pick from. From what I understand about Sim 3 University Life, there was only one school for your sim to go to. Overall, I'm excited for this pack and can't wait to play it.
  • 12JEREMIA12JEREMIA Posts: 3,143 Member
    I'm really psyched for the cafeteria!

Snx1yGR.png
    Hey! I see a new wall speaker which will be like college tunes, or college rock, or R&B radio station, what do you think?
  • mrkingvmrkingv Posts: 103 Member

ikswrFB.png

I wonder if those columns are new 2-story columns or just wall decor...
    GKOVUiH.png

Forum Discussion • Read it HERE
  • secretlondon123secretlondon123 Posts: 181 Member
    MasonGamer wrote: »

ikswrFB.png

Shame. I was hoping for more European build stuff and it's American again :(
  • Sara1010PSara1010P Posts: 888 Member
    I like everything I have seen so far. As soon as I have the money this will be a buy for me. I am thinking they might be waiting until the live stream to show off the classes and lectures, at least that is my hope. That is one thing in sims 3 I preferred to sims 2. I like that we had interactive classes and lectures instead of them only disappearing to go to class like in sims 2. I hope that is the case in DU as well. I hope that the toddler being in the trailer means we can bring our sims children to university with us also, but since not everything in the trailer represents real game play in the game, I am afraid that may just be staged for show. I hope not.
  • PlumbobCrossingPlumbobCrossing Posts: 8,455 Member
    I really don’t understand what the big cry is for Murphy beds. I mean I’ve used them in the past but honestly it’s not that big of deal if it’s in or not. I’m super excited for this pack, can’t wait for the livestream to see it in more detail.
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,712 Member
    She is moving from one activity to the next so fast that I don't know what any of them actually do when it comes to gameplay.
  • KiwicantdieKiwicantdie Posts: 1,305 Member
    This trailer got me way more excited than the first one. So much to do, so many new things to explore! I can't wait to get my hands on this EP. I haven't felt this happy about an expansion in a long time.
    KEBB11a.png
    Origin ID: Kiwicantdie
    Willow Creek | Evergreen Harbor
  • Phantasi33Phantasi33 Posts: 181 Member
    I really don’t understand what the big cry is for Murphy beds. I mean I’ve used them in the past but honestly it’s not that big of deal if it’s in or not. I’m super excited for this pack, can’t wait for the livestream to see it in more detail.

Yeah I don't understand the hype about those beds either. How many college dorms, have murphy beds? Dorms already aren't even big enough to house the 2 people its meant to house, let alone a double bed.
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    edited November 2019
    A lot of it looks great but I feel they're still dodging the "can you attend class" question. However, I could probably live with us not being able to if there is a lot of other new gameplay that is really good, fun and long-lived. And there do seem to be a few interesting systems so we'll see I guess.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,707 Member
    EA_Mai wrote: »
    Cool! We share the same name. :p
    ^^ Any crazy uni stories to share? :D

Also there's more info to come - the wait seems long, but livestream is just a few days away now!

Nah. You could always find me in the library. ;):p
  • purplestarz2006purplestarz2006 Posts: 340 Member
    Simlie20 wrote: »

We are getting more than 4 majors!!! Distinguished majors?? Do we get more credit if we do a distinguished major?

I just counted on the blog post-13 degrees in total, and they cover a pretty wide range of topics.

Biology, Computer Science, Economics, Physics, Psychology, Villainy, Art History, Culinary Arts, Drama, Fine Art, History, Language and Literature, and Communications.

I'm curious about the distinguished degrees too. I love the idea of each school specializing in different things. A degree in communications from the University of Britechester means more than one from Foxbury, but if you want to major in biology then Foxbury is the school for you. But I still want to know more about what the difference is between the two. Do Sims with a distinguished degree start at a higher career level than Sims with a regular one?

I also really want to know more about having a family in Uni. I'm really hoping that Sims can attend either university without having to actually move there.

And yeah, you really can't make a university pack in 2019 and not include student loans. (I also love that according to the blog post they are also including need-based scholarships as well as ones for good grades and skills.)

I really like what I see so far.
    TranquilityCreekBannerMaskssmall.jpg
  • IrdiwenIrdiwen Posts: 574 Member
    edited November 2019
    This looks like so much FUN, which is all I personally wish for in a Uni EP! I’m stoked!

So many majors, too! I love that! I don’t mind if the classes are rabbit holes. And that toddler... So cool! And new, compared to previous versions!

I do wonder about the careers, though... Could they be active?
    Simmer since 2000! Sims 1, Sims, 2, Sims 3, Sims 4. Legacy player at heart.
    logion wrote: »
    She is moving from one activity to the next so fast that I don't know what any of them actually do when it comes to gameplay.

I agree SO much
  • OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    edited November 2019
    Hmmm.
    I am kinda happy we may be able to bring toddlers to campus...
    Other than that....not...exactly impressed....to say...I really didn't see any classes...mostly just hanging out and goofing off at campus...

Really? Its got 13 majors, secret societies are back, you can transfer schools, some programs are more prestigious than others based on said school, and your sim can take out loans. Seems to me like this is a lot more like The Sims 2 University, which is generally the gold standard.
  • liliaethliliaeth Posts: 1,087 Member
    MasonGamer wrote: »

ikswrFB.png

It looks like it might be one of the dorms, with a stairway heading to the upper rooms..