Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4 Discover University - Gameplay trailer

EA_MaiEA_Mai Posts: 1,800 EA Staff (retired)
Simmers, classes will be starting soon in The Sims™ 4 Discover University Expansion Pack*! To get prepared, let's take a quick tour of the University of Britechester and Foxbury Institute and find out what collegiate life is really all about!

That's been a wild year for Julia! :smiley:

Want more details? Make sure to check out our newest blog!

Comments

• alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    Didn't see a thread for the new GAMEPLAY TRAILER yet!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sxd63J3yJ8g
  • EA_MaiEA_Mai Posts: 1,800 EA Staff (retired)
    That reminds me I should create a banner... thanks! :)
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    I wonder if that lake is swimmable.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    The world looks small.
  • akasevenakaseven Posts: 279 Member
    I wonder if that lake is swimmable.

same thing here. this district seems big...

also i wonder if you are occult the secret society will have adicional interactions. the screen when appears the society, seems like a secret lot like we have in the basic game.

i love the joke that plumbots will take the world, will be like a side quest? something like strangerville? i dont know, but know I got a little hyper now
  • alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    The world looks small.

Ehhh I think we have enough worlds that it wouldn't bug me. I think what is most important in an expansion is NEW GAMEPLAY! I feel most of the packs suffer because of the pressure to make these huge worlds that so many players want. I am happy with whatever size campus ends up being!
  • gemjasgemjas Posts: 211 Member
    edited November 2019
    Most of my wish-list was checked off in this trailer. We've got sports (or just the singular sport, lol?), scholarships, roommates, lawyers, and teachers. Not to mention robots and two different schools to choose from.

And being able to take out a loan also got me excited. I'm boring, but I like that bit of realism. But, uh, let's not get too real now. Don't want my sims to be elders still trying to pay off that loan. :#

But speaking of elders, I hope they can go too. I only saw YAs in this trailer.

I also hope the world isn't small. You would think that it wouldn't be with two different schools, but I'm not convinced with this trailer. What I look for with most packs is a large world, and we haven't been getting those as of late.
  • JemmaTheSimmerJemmaTheSimmer Posts: 387 Member
    It looks fine, but I think it is really hard to tell. I really want to know lot numbers, sizes, how dorms work and none of that is shown. I guess the livestream will tell us. I'd love just to see the world map though - I need to plan out my builds for it!
  • Simlie20Simlie20 Posts: 59 Member
    If I wasn't excited before, I'm super excited now after seeing the new trailer!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sxd63J3yJ8g&t=0s

Julia is honestly a big mood. She aced her exams with a C+!
    How is it that we complain about the lack of details and realism into packs, and EA, of course, adds loans rather than murphy beds? They are stealing our money both in real life and virtually.

https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/news/discover-university-gameplay?utm_campaign=sims4_hd_ww_ic_soco_yt_discover-university-gameplay-blog-yt&utm_source=youtube&utm_medium=social&cid=61172&ts=1572627581159&setLocale=en-us

We are getting more than 4 majors!!! Distinguished majors?? Do we get more credit if we do a distinguished major? Since they mentioned athletic scholarships I wonder if we'll be able to join sports teams, though I doubt it since they haven't talked much about that. Also can we bring our toddlers to uni with us?? Single parent in university storyline? I have so many questions and theories but...

What are your thoughts now on University after seeing the trailer?
    giphy.gif
  • DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,867 Member
    Did I hear Lawyer ?? Could we finally have a lawyer career ?!

The build/buy looks great for my teens bedrooms.
  • gothprincess4evergothprincess4ever Posts: 2,130 Member
    It looks really wonderful, let's hope all ages are able to attend!
  • OneAdorkableGirlOneAdorkableGirl Posts: 2,379 Member
    The trailer was cute and made me laugh a few times. Loved the reactions at the end with her two friends. Love that there are loans and you can lose scholarships if you miss too many lectures/classes, or are failing(?), and while I'm not sure .. if you can "bring" your toddlers to college with you.. maybe you *can* get pregnant and have the baby there while going to college (?), or maybe it is that you can bring them. So, that's interesting and *new*.

However, :( I'm not gonna lie.. I'm a little bummed. This is definitely looking like we're not getting Sorority Houses and Frats. Not sure how I feel about "dorms". I don't really like apartments and haven't had any of my Sims live in one, yet.. so hopefully Sims can live at home and go to college.. I know we can move off campus, but was hoping for a sorority and frat system/experience. As I would have loved more group activities (aside from studying, etc).
  • mrkingvmrkingv Posts: 103 Member
    edited November 2019
    From what I've seen, dorms will work just like apartments (shells with commom areas (e.g. bathrooms) and "buildable" bedrooms). There's even an elevator on one of them. I'm actually fine with that.
    Happy to see a working cafeteria (end of the trailer), scholarships/loans and a reasonable amount of degrees.
    GKOVUiH.png

Forum Discussion • Read it HERE
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    Didn't learn much.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,701 Member
    Cool! We share the same name. :p
  • AineAine Posts: 3,043 Member
    EA: we're acing this game!
    Simmers: C+
    Allons-y!

---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
    ---> Burglary Stuff Pack Idea - Burglars, alarm systems, and diamonds to steal!<---
  • IrdiwenIrdiwen Posts: 574 Member
    This trailer really felt like college fun! Awesome, because that’s what I want it for!
    Simmer since 2000! Sims 1, Sims, 2, Sims 3, Sims 4. Legacy player at heart.
  • rambahadoerrambahadoer Posts: 405 Member
    personally not really hyped wich is sad since uni is my fave ep but looking back at the previous expansion i feel like they"re all pretty style over substance and either feel incomplete or half baked that's just my opinion tho. I do like the trailer but it doesn't really show anything new except for loans the rest of it we already saw in the previous one i think. Also i'm nervous about the dorms im already 99% sure we won't be able to build our own just like the apartments wich imo is really sad and looking at the trailer it looks like a lot of shell buildings instead of real ones so yeah idk i don't want to be a pessimist but looking at what we have gotten so far i'm more doubtfull than excited at this point
  • EA_MaiEA_Mai Posts: 1,800 EA Staff (retired)
    Cool! We share the same name. :p
    ^^ Any crazy uni stories to share? :D

Also there's more info to come - the wait seems long, but livestream is just a few days away now!
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,351 Member
    The trailer was cute and made me laugh a few times. Loved the reactions at the end with her two friends. Love that there are loans and you can lose scholarships if you miss too many lectures/classes, or are failing(?), and while I'm not sure .. if you can "bring" your toddlers to college with you.. maybe you *can* get pregnant and have the baby there while going to college (?), or maybe it is that you can bring them. So, that's interesting and *new*.

However, :( I'm not gonna lie.. I'm a little bummed. This is definitely looking like we're not getting Sorority Houses and Frats. Not sure how I feel about "dorms". I don't really like apartments and haven't had any of my Sims live in one, yet.. so hopefully Sims can live at home and go to college.. I know we can move off campus, but was hoping for a sorority and frat system/experience. As I would have loved more group activities (aside from studying, etc).

I'm not fussed about the lack of Greek houses. They're mostly an American thing, and not even all American schools have them (my daughter's doesn't, and it's a large state university in a very large city.) Clubs may not be an ideal solution to substitute in, but it should be a workable one.

Didn't learn a lot new from the trailer, but did get a fair amount of confirmation. It is nice to know you can transfer schools between the two, and it was kinda fun seeing the toddler there.

Hopefully the livestream expands a bit more on what we saw. I've shifted from "Maybe, if it doesn't mess up my gameplay otherwise" to "Eventually... when the pack is on sale" so that's something.
  • wormstache999wormstache999 Posts: 477 Member
    The only new things I noticed are the mentions of two new careers (engineer and lawyer), a sneak peek at the secret society (which hopefully won't just be a Get Together club) and the ability to take out loans. Everything else was already known I think.
  • gothprincess4evergothprincess4ever Posts: 2,130 Member
    edited November 2019
    They didn't show much of the world, but I'm very excited about the majors, scholarships, and loans! Yes, loans! Many of my Sim families are on a budget, so I think things will get even more difficult when their kids are off to college [enter evil laughter!]. However, the lack of murphy beds is a pain in the butt and I really wish they'd added that. Six degrees in one university and seven in the other one, I'm highly anticipating to try the Psychology, Villainy, and Language and Literature ones!

I do hope Adult and Elder Sims are able to attend university as well, this would add so much more realism to the pack. Concerning the new world(s), we didn't see that much, so I'm keeping my expectations low for the moment.

Let's hope the pack delivers, but honestly I think it'll be lacking many features a lot of Simmers would want to see. I'm getting it anyway though, it's perfect for my kind of gameplay and I love Occult Sims, so robots have piqued my interest. Happy Simming, everyone!
    Post edited by gothprincess4ever on
  • ApricusApricus Posts: 671 Member
    Best trailer so far. Julia Wright (main sim in trailer) has proved to be relatable. Going to be honest, I didn’t like the idea of University till the trailer dropped but now I love it. I like how there is actually punishments for not focusing on school, like loosing a scholarship. One of my biggest hopes is that you can actually take your children to University, have them live with you and your roommate in the dorm, and get pregnant on campus and keep the baby there. That addition alone will make me very happy. I’m so getting a sim with Julia lol
    ZjzmtTb.jpg
  • MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    edited November 2019
    If i'm not mistaken I think Discover University will support Realm of Magic really well.
    the whole "Secret Society" looks like an addition to it.
    it makes sense the mysterious nature of Magic and Wisdom is power, are hand in hand. then again I'm just hopeful for more spells and I'm not sure what i saw was "Real" magic but I'm hopeful it could be more spells. that could link into realm of magic.
    I like that it's not a Magic University but theres an underground network banding together.

again Soccer, Sketching, Keg Parties. 🍻⚽️🙌🏾
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif