Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Death Flowers not being worth anything?

I hate money cheats. But I have found numerous ways to get around not using them--namely the death flowers and seeds you're able to find around the graveyard in Sunset Valley (my favorite 'hood). But my Sim just picked the death flower from the graveyard...and it wasn't worth anything. What's up with that?

Comments

• Black_Dove200Black_Dove200 Posts: 68 New Member
    edited July 2010
    Oh, and I noticed this only after I installed ambitions. so. I dunno. It may be nothing, but I was just wondering if this has happened before.
  • secretuk1965secretuk1965 Posts: 5,341 Member
    edited July 2010
    i didn't think death flower was worth anything but i have not tried to sell one but if your sim die they can come back with it if they have one in there personel inventory and give it to the grim reaper.
  • DarkAmaranth1966DarkAmaranth1966 Posts: 13,416 Member
    edited July 2010
    So many ways to make money, jobs, professions, collecting, digging in trash, fishing, gardening, inventing, sculpting, nectar making, painting, using the archtects table, opportunities, playing guitar...

I find it all too easy to make money and with no bills, you don't need much but, it's easy to get, impossible not to unless you want a over cluttered lot, full inventories and a fridge with more food than a family could eat in 10 epic lifespans.
    Life is what you make it so, make it good.
  • SketchElderSketchElder Posts: 3,517 New Member
    edited July 2010
    That's normal. Death flowers and their seeds are worth 0 and always have been. Money tree seeds are also worth 0. Any special seeds you sold for money must have been flame fruit or life fruit seeds.
  • JoenielJoeniel Posts: 727 Member
    edited July 2010
    I hate money cheats. But I have found numerous ways to get around not using them--namely the death flowers and seeds you're able to find around the graveyard in Sunset Valley (my favorite 'hood). But my Sim just picked the death flower from the graveyard...and it wasn't worth anything. What's up with that?

The Death Flower is the most valuable item in the whole game specially for those who hates cheating like you.
    Read this info.
    http://sims.wikia.com/wiki/Death_flower

In my families each member has at least 2 in the inventory. Who wants to sell something that saves lives?

Another perfect example...

A large heart-shaped pink diamond can't save your sim from death.
    gatitos_zps08y2lsrh.gif
  • MRSMEADOWBROOKMRSMEADOWBROOK Posts: 59 Member
    Why are some of my death flowers (harvested from perfect gardens) worth §667, and some worth §0 or §1? Does it have to do with the type of fertilizer used? (I fertilize all in a similar fashion.) Does anyone know? I haven't been able to figure this out. Can anyone enlighten me?
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited November 2019
    Why are some of my death flowers (harvested from perfect gardens) worth §667, and some worth §0 or §1? Does it have to do with the type of fertilizer used? (I fertilize all in a similar fashion.) Does anyone know? I haven't been able to figure this out. Can anyone enlighten me?
    Hi there. Gardens do not have ratings of "perfect" or otherwise in TS3, only the individual crops do, and Death Flowers aren't supposed to have monetary value.

Based on your posting history, I'm going to guess you are playing TS4? This thread is from over nine years ago and is on the TS3 section of the forum. The two games are very different from each other in many regards. :)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • EA_RtasEA_Rtas Posts: 2,875 EA Community Manager
    Thanks for popping in and responding Igazor. I'm going to go ahead and close this thread off as it's been inactive for quite some time. If you have any questions about necroposting you can read this thread here : Necroposting
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top