Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Account Hacked, now have to re-install

IrriliaIrrilia Posts: 29 Member
Was logging in this morning when I was told my "access code" would be emailed to me. Check my email. Never set my account up to do that, and the EA email also said if I had never done that to change my password, etc.....So I did. Now none of my games are installed. What the hell. Been playing for a long while and it is all gone. Just really ticked off this would happen. How "secure" is EA???????

Comments

• GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,079 Member
    Origin probably updated and when it does that, it logs you out.
    Check your spam for the email.You don't "Set" your account up for that.They automatically send it to you.
  • IrriliaIrrilia Posts: 29 Member
    edited November 2019
    Thanks GraceyManor. The email I was sent said that if I did not set up for the access code to go to my account and change my password. Have done so three times now. Was going to reinstall my games none of them are in Origin any more. Kinda tired of this. Oh, and yes, even tho I turned of the access authorization code, Origin is now asking for it again. Rethinking playing anymore. Takes hours just to install games and pretty tired of doing that over and over.
  • GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,079 Member
    edited November 2019
    Origin will ask that if you ever clean up your temporary files/browser files.
    Ignore the "If you did not ask for this code." Because "Technically" you did when you attempted to sign in.
    Now if you didn't try to login and you got that email, that's different story.But as soon as you try to login into a computer it don't recognize, its gonna send you that code.And that technically counts as you "asking" for it.
  • IrriliaIrrilia Posts: 29 Member
    GraceyManor. I use 2 computers and have for a while. I will remember what you have said. Thanks!
  • EA_RtasEA_Rtas Posts: 2,875 EA Community Manager
    edited November 2019
    Hey there! If you still have issues feel free to get in touch with EA Help and they'll be more than happy to take a look with you and get it sorted. For now I've moved this over to the off topic area.