Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do we think there will be a new trailer out tomorrow?

Now that sims camp has started do you think the new trailer will premiere? Or do you think it'll come after the livestream on Friday?

Comments

• HolidayHoliday Posts: 681 Member
    I think it’ll either be on Friday an hour before the live stream or next week! Should probably get a launch trailer next week too. Unless they are switching things up...
  • OneAdorkableGirlOneAdorkableGirl Posts: 2,379 Member
    edited November 2019
    Possibly could be tomorrow... I find it strange that Sims camp wasn't earlier than the live-stream, because I feel like that information should come out before the live-stream, for some reason, but I don't know. My hunch is we will get it tomorrow... then the live-stream and then any other information the game changers will have on Monday through the last week to share what they know to allow people to decide to buy it or not.

But I do have this feeling that the game-play trailer might not release until next Tuesday. But we'll see. Hoping it's tomorrow... I have a lot of questions that I need answered for my current save.. D:
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    EdithV wrote: »
    Now that sims camp has started do you think the new trailer will premiere? Or do you think it'll come after the livestream on Friday?

I'm hoping Tomorrow. Fingers crossed.
    Possibly could be tomorrow... I find it strange that Sims camp wasn't earlier than the live-stream, because I feel like that information should come out before the live-stream, for some reason, but I don't know. My hunch is we will get it tomorrow... then the live-stream and then any other information the game changers will have on Monday through the last week to share what they know to allow people to decide to buy it or not.

But I do have this feeling that the game-play trailer might not release until next Tuesday. But we'll see. Hoping it's tomorrow... I have a lot of questions that I need answered for my current save.. D:

I think the embargo on Sims Camp will lift this weekend.
  • EdithVEdithV Posts: 859 Member
    Why do you guys think tomorrow? Just out of curiosity
    edited November 2019

Cause trailers usually release on Tuesday and last week Frost said Plumbob Pictures was putting the final touches on it.

Also there should be a launch trailer releasing on EP Day.

Cause trailers usually release on Tuesday and last week Frost said Plumbob Pictures was putting the final touches on it.

Ahh i see, do we usually get three trailers? I can't remember sorry

Ahh i see, do we usually get three trailers? I can't remember sorry

Yes but not always mostly though. 1 pack had only 2. Can't remember which.
  • scoedscoed Posts: 91 Member
    This launch isn't typical so history is less valuable in determining what they will do when. That said sims camp is a great place to show the trailer. So tomorrow makes sense.

But they have also released the trailer more than once on the deep dive livestream day. So that is a possibility, in my opinion.

Also remember some time soon we will also have a Maxis Monthly to announce the goodies in the free prelaunch patch and it would make sense to have it tied to that. We don't have a date for this event so we don't know what day it is coming just SimGuruFrost said it was.

Anyway this launch is very strange so who knows.

My guess is after but the same day as the deep dive as they are trying to be very secretive this time. I wouldn't put my faith on any guesses posted here as I have said, this launch isn't typical to say the least.
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    I got the impression that the Maxis Monthly would be after the pack drops.
  • LoveMcQueen5683LoveMcQueen5683 Posts: 3,689 Member
    Dannydanbo wrote: »

Doesn't it have to be before the pack drops?

Unless we're getting two patches this month?

Not including the emergency patch for whatever game breaking bug is coming up on release day.
    LR3g0ni.jpg
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member

Doesn't it have to be before the pack drops?

Unless we're getting two patches this month?

Not including the emergency patch for whatever game breaking bug is coming up on release day.

Don't know. They may not want to use the MM for a patch explanation this go round.
  • scoedscoed Posts: 91 Member
    Maxis Monthly could be after the release, but it would be extremely unusual. It would mean we are getting two patches this month as every expansion and game patch to date has required one. I won't dismiss that possibility but..... I have my doubts.

The stated that they plan on only using MM to announce new content coming to the game. This requires a patch. They could have changed this policy so again unlikely but possible. I find it most likely the MM will come before the pre-launch patch.

But then again this is one wierd launch. Anything is possible. At times I don't thing they know what is going on.... so anyone's guess is as valid as anyone's else's. Logic needs not aply.
  • SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    They’re doing the maxis monthly after the DU livestream. It has to be before the release because they’re bringing something new via patch. They said they’ll only do MM if something new is coming and there’s always a patch before an EP. Iirc it’ll add the new EP icon into the main menu as well. They only do a second if there’s an emergency patch needed, like the aging while in CAS bug.

No it's before probably Monday as The patch is probably Next Tuesday.
    They’re doing the maxis monthly after the DU livestream. It has to be before the release because they’re bringing something new via patch. They said they’ll only do MM if something new is coming and there’s always a patch before an EP. Iirc it’ll add the new EP icon into the main menu as well. They only do a second if there’s an emergency patch needed, like the aging while in CAS bug.

Look for a MM next month as well as we have the Holiday Update coming in December.
  • LoveMcQueen5683LoveMcQueen5683 Posts: 3,689 Member
    Unless the MM is at the end of this month with a patch in early December.

Kinda weird that Frost didnt know the date for sure. Its not like there's a lot of options. Its either Monday or tuesday.
    LR3g0ni.jpg
    Crossing fingers we get it Today.
    Crossing fingers we get it Today.

Hope so! But no one has said anything yet today so I’m wary
    Trailers ususally come out at 10am Pacific 1pm Eastern. It's still early.
  • gemjasgemjas Posts: 211 Member
    edited November 2019
    I haven't paid attention before any other pack, so I don't know, but would this gif they posted yesterday count as a teaser? And don't trailers come a day after teasers? So, it could be today.

edited November 2019
    gemjas wrote: »
    I haven't paid attention before any other pack, so I don't know, but would this gif they posted yesterday count as a teaser? And don't trailers come a day after teasers? So, it could be today.

I don't think it's a teaser cause TheSims on Twitter didn't say to tune in to their Youtube Channel Today. Also I've been told by other simmers that only the reveal trailer gets teasers not the gameplay and launch trailers.
  • gemjasgemjas Posts: 211 Member
    gemjas wrote: »

I don't think it's a teaser cause TheSims on Twitter didn't say to tune in to their Youtube Channel Today. Also I've been told by other simmers that only the reveal trailer gets teasers not the gameplay and launch trailers.

Awww, I was really hoping it was a sure thing. I guess we'll have to wait and see, then.

But I really hope they don't keep the community in the dark for much longer. I'm starved for info on this pack.
  • SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    edited November 2019
    There is one, just saw on Instagram
    Scholarships are back and you can lose them and get loans
  • Keyona121PKeyona121P Posts: 122 Member
    It just dropped! We can transfer schools, lose scholarships, switch housing, take out a loan and we can have a kid with us in university!!!