Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Gameplay Ideas?

QueenofMyshunoQueenofMyshuno Posts: 1,506 Member
I think we probably all have some really cool gameplay ideas. Some of them we play out in our games, but a lot of them we never get the time to do, so they just remain really cool ideas in our heads. What are some of your gameplay ideas? These can be something to do with eras, neighborhoods, families, individual sims, locations, or just generally any cool idea for gameplay.

I'll give you some examples of what I'm thinking:

Eras: I was noticing how much mid century modern cc there is out there and thinking how easy it would be to incorporate into gameplay since it wasn't that long ago and a lot of current furnishing and clothing could pass for that era. I would delete everything in Willow Creek, download one really good mid century residence, and then copy it onto multiple lots, changing the exterior color slightly for each one to mimic the cookie cutter houses of that era. Then I'd make businesses that look more like that era, like maybe a diner and stuff like that.

Neighborhoods: It would be fun to take all the residents of one neighborhood and delete the children, age all the adults down to child, and then give them their own parents and houses and possibly siblings. So, it would be like going back in time. Then, you could either match people up with their intended spouse once they age up or you could do an alternative history where they choose different partners. If you wanted them to end up with the same exact kids, you could just put the kids in the gallery and then add them back into the household when the time was right. I would probably go the alternative history route, though, as it seems more exciting. This could be played simultaneously with the "era" idea from above, so it would be kind of like a "back in the day" game.

Families: I love watching the show "Long Lost Family" which is about adopted children looking for their parents. You could have a young sim give up their child for adoption and lose track of them, have the kid go off and have their own life with a different family (good or bad), play out the parents' lives too, and then have them rediscover each other in later in life. Since the sims know who their children are and seek them out, you'd probably have to use cheats to remove the relationship while they're growing up, and then cheat again and add the relationship back in when they rediscover each other.

Individual Sims: At some point, I want to do an introverted sim who lives in a rural area (Brindleton Bay?) and rescues wild animals. There are a lot of cute raccoons, foxes, etc., on the gallery that I could use (all of them are actually cats or dogs, but they look really real).

Location: I actually have already done this one. I have a high school, a teen center, and a stadium with an under-the-bleachers area for my teens to hang out in. I have a mod that shortens school hours for them, so when they get home, I have them go in groups to these locations so that I can follow them to "school" and other places. It's pretty fun.

You don't have to do all of these are any of these categories; just share any of your fun ideas for gameplay.
BannerMayNewcrestGradient.png
On EA forum Stories and Legacies board and on QueenOfMyshuno.tumblr.com

Comments

• junipersrjunipersr Posts: 1 New Member
    I've done a romance survival reality tv show XD I sent a sim home every couple days.
  • QueenofMyshunoQueenofMyshuno Posts: 1,506 Member
    @junipersr Hey thanks for answering this. I had forgotten all about it. :smile:
  • ShadyLady89ShadyLady89 Posts: 908 Member
    @junipersr Haven't done a romance challenge myself since S3, but I've been mulling it over for quite a while. Probably once I had Discover University and the ping-pong table back I'll do so. I had a ping-pong table in my last challenge and everyone had a blast with it. Guess I kinda wanna recreate that magic.

@QueenofMyshuno Love these ideas. Especially the one where you age down the pre-mades and play some alternate history. I've thought about doing that sort of thing, but it's so labor intensive to go through the worlds at this point. Still, I may get around to it one day.
    Origin: ShadyLady1989 | please feel free to add/friend me!
    Sims 4 Blog
    Don't feed trolls. Do feed cowplants.
  • EA_RtasEA_Rtas Posts: 2,875 EA Community Manager
    Hey folks I'm going to leave this open for now if you're going to discuss it. I'll keep an eye and if it goes inactive again I'll close it off alright?

• MissyHissyMissyHissy Posts: 2,022 Member
    I've enjoyed working with a handful of "snob" sims to start a Build-A-City-Challenge. Seeing 7 snobs coping without heat, water of electricity was very entertaining. It's then been fun to see some of them have lively, energetic and persistently naughty toddlers :D
    *All my mods can be found on The Daily Plumbob*MiAqoAE.png
  • SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    I would love to try the run away teen-thing at some point. Haven’t gotten around to it yet but I am thinking about building a save for it.

There is just not enough time to do all the things :)
  • MVWdeZTMVWdeZT Posts: 3,267 Member
    I've thought of a way to expand on the 100 Babies Challenge -- each baby, once they've grown up, has to be moved into a different house, either by buying the house, marrying one of the residents, or defeating a resident at chess, foosball, or darts, or beating him or her in a fistfight.
    Have a save where all employed sims have work-at-home jobs. Then build them offices in your town and have them go there to work. Use clubs to make sure other sims are there working, too, and use door locks to make sure everyone goes to the right office.
  • ShadyLady89ShadyLady89 Posts: 908 Member
    That sounds like a fun challenge, @QueenofMyshuno!
    Origin: ShadyLady1989 | please feel free to add/friend me!
    Sims 4 Blog
    Don't feed trolls. Do feed cowplants.
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,657 Member
    Create a couple (YA) and one of their moms (A, stay home). Then have the couple have 3 kids, making it a household of 6 sims. Play only the couple, kids and granny must never be the active sim and will act/interfere by free will. If you have Parenthood EP, kids can be influenced to some extent, but I'm not so sure about their granny...
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
    @ShadyLady89 Thank you 😊

@Simmerville That would be an interesting way to play for me since I usually do the opposite and play the kids. It would be fun to watch mom & dad try to manage the household.
  • x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member
    How about randomised the lot traits and let the trait stay until the first couple of the house died & starts randomised again the lot traits for every generation?

It's quite fun & challenging. For example, in my saved game, I have a normal Sims parent given birth to a twin (1 of them is a vampire & the other one is a normal Sims - due to on a dark lei line). I also have a normal Sims parent given birth to a twin of vampires. I also have a house where it is haunted & the residents have to deal with it every single night. It's kinda fun to mix & match the lot traits. :D
    OID:- x4m1r4